Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Envy

Envy

As i walked around downtown tonight I saw so many beautiful women. I gave the topic some thought and realized that I wasn't so much attracted to them (though surely that is a part of it) as I was envious of them. This happens to me quite often but I guess I just haven't ever thought too in depth about it. I'll see an attractive, sexy woman, and instead of the normal guy response, I just wish I could look how she looks, wear what she wears, etc. I wonder if they realize how fortunate they are to be able to be themselves? Anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Banned Read only
    I feel that way quite often. My SO just smiled when I told her that. She tries to reassure me that she thinks I'm beautiful, but I still occasionally see a gg and think "If only......"

Aspiring Member
    Hi Tara

I was in a town centre yesterday and was doing just that, looking at all the GGs to see what they were wearing, how they acted and wanting to be them.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Banned Read only
    Tara,
    You have days like that and can't help thinking those thoughts ! Then you get other days like yesterday when I was waiting for my wife in my local town and after half an hour I got the feeling if I walked down that street dressed now I'd be one of the most attractive well dressed people on it ! I have never seen so many women take so little care of their looks, their clothes or their figures ! I found myself shaking my head in utter confusion about my own thoughts on passing when dressed !

Yes Tara, I am in that same envy boat with you. Often feel like they are superior with their curvy bodies, beautiful faces and wearing clothes that show off all of their wonderful attributes.

Tina

Aspiring Member
    All the time, and twice as much with short-haired girls.

Also, this little nugget from yesterday:
    J. and B. already outed me some weeks ago.
    Me: J., that girl you sat next to is gorgeous.
    B.: J., funny how you only met her twice and had only good things to say about her.
    J.: L., you probably wished you looked like her don't you? Don't give me that smile.

Tara, I work in a section of town where men still wear suits and women wear traditional office wear. I am envious of those ladies on a daily basis. However, we would not be human if we were not envious from time to time.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tara, Oh yes I'm sure that they know, I too am a girl watcher I like to take in the whole picture then dissect the parts
    and make mental notes and try to copy the look as best as I can in my next dressing session. .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Tara, girl it is just part of being a T-Girl for sure, i think we all think that most of the time when we are not dress as females. hugs girl
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

All the time when i'm at my college. I see so many young and beautiful women there and I'm just as envious as I am attracted to their look.

I used to do this and thought that I was the strange one. An example: I was a heavy smoker for almost 30 years and tried to quit for my children so many times that I lost count. Every time that I tried it, the sight of a very attractive woman smoking a cigaret so gracefully would just force me to take it up again. Now I know why this affected me this way. I finally was able to quit smoking but that is a different story. Funny how we are influenced, isn't it? Even though I don't aim to pass as a woman I still like it when I look like a woman. I may be confusing you. I know that I confuse myself frequently.

Rhanda

Me too. I realized a while ago that most often when I look at a beautiful woman I don't want to "have" her, I want to be her. I think either way it comes across as leering, but my heart is pure.

I have a similar reaction. I really admire people who are well dressed and who have paid a lot of attention to their grooming; male or female. Like Teresa, I am saddened to see so many people who take no care over their dress or grooming. If I see a well dressed woman I look at her in admiration for her taste in clothing and the care she has taken in applying makeup and choosing attractive jewelry. I wish to emulate her. They are the true stars of our High Streets and Shopping Malls.

Does anyone here remember the days when you walked on to an airliner dressed impeccably. I do. On long-haul flights I used to travel with a suit and change of shirt in a clothing bag and change an hour or so before landing at which time I would also carefully shave and groom myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Taragirl427 View Post
    // I'll see an attractive, sexy woman, and instead of the normal guy response, I just wish I could look how she looks, wear what she wears, etc. I wonder if they realize how fortunate they are to be able to be themselves? Anyone else ever experienced something like this?
    I think that's the reason why breast augmentation is one of the most popular operations in the country....

I don't want to look like a woman, but I often look at their skirt and hosiery combinations, and wonder how that would work for me. Too many times I decide that it could work, but would look too weird for mainstream tastes. I have a thick, stretchy, boxy cut near mini skirt in bright red. I like to wear it around the house, with various kinds of opaque legwear, but haven't got the nerve to wear it outside as a guy.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    As i walked around downtown tonight I saw so many beautiful women. I gave the topic some thought and realized that I wasn't so much attracted to them (though surely that is a part of it) as I was envious of them. This happens to me quite often but I guess I just haven't ever thought too in depth about it. I'll see an attractive, sexy woman, and instead of the normal guy response, I just wish I could look how she looks, wear what she wears, etc. I wonder if they realize how fortunate they are to be able to be themselves? Anyone else ever experienced something like this?
    I get what you are saying, in that I feel that way at times. I showed my wife a picture of some hot model and said to her, if I could guarantee that would be the outcome, I could possibly consider being a woman full time. My wife looked at the picture, laughed, and said "yeah well who wouldn't want to look like that hot woman, I know I have fantasies of looking that good!" We both laughed.

Some thoughts about a couple of the things you stated though:

... and instead of the normal guy response ...
    How about saying "the typical guy response."

and:

I wonder if they realize how fortunate they are to be able to be themselves?
    Just because you are envious of them, does not mean that they are truly fortunate. Maybe they are a FTM transgender and are looking at you and thinking to themselves "I wonder if he realizes how fortunate he is to be able to be himself."

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    I'd definitely echo what Nadine has already said, I've been full time for just over two years now and yet I still get that quite often when you see someone out looking really good in whatever they're wearing and being really envious. it's not that I'm not feeling comfortable with how I look or what I'm wearing but yeah , I'd say that a lot of women will be envious of another woman at some point who's really rocking that skirt/dress/jacket or whatever
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

Tara,
    Oh yes, happens to me all the time. On the male side I imagine being with her, on my female side I imagine being her. It's crazy I know.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, almost never, Tara. I use the pretty women I see as muses to copy. If u really want to appear as a beautuful woman in your mirror bad enuff, u will! I do. Which is how a 70 y/o looks like this.

Of course, I'm lucky to be 5' 9" and 150 lbs.

I DO sympathize with u 6' 3" 225 lb. girls. Still? There's always something u can do to make yourself look more attractive if u r really sincere about wanting to!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 04-10-2015 at 08:07 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I used to do that too, Tara. I quit being envious when I transitioned. Now I hope there is a Tgirl out there that swoons when I walk by.

Thanks for all the replies. Its good to know I'm not alone. My comment about being themselves was kind of a reference to the fact that I cant. I am unfortunately unable to dress or be feminine at all in my current situation, so that was a bit of vague lamentation I guess.

I've always been envious of beautiful women wearing very feminine attire. The only problem that I have is believing that I could ever look anywhere as good as they do.

Yep, all the time.
    I agree with what Nadine said, too.

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    Yes I feel that way to. I was talking to my wife about this today how when I look at a gg I study there face how they did their makeup, how their outfit looks every thing about them. My wife just rolls her eyes and laughs.

I feel the same way. I find myself looking at ones makeup to master the eyeliner trick. Blazers are another thing I check out to see what can go with what.