Thread: Funny conversation at the salon today

Banned Read only

Funny conversation at the salon today

As a backdrop tho this story, my prior wig had a tear in the lace-front and the synthetic hair were really getting tangled so I bought a new wig. The same model and color as the prior wig because I really like it but, like the previous wig, I needed it cut and styled so... off to Paper Dolls in San Jose for a cut with Stacey.

Stacey is getting me all ready to go and as we were talking about what to do, another stylist came over and was listening and offering ideas as well. Then she asked, "How long did it take you to grow that out?" Stacey and I laughed out loud. Me, "Well about 10 seconds to get in place just so." Dead silence. Then after a long pause, "That's not real? I'm buying one."

Kinda funny from where I sat. Nice to know the wig looks good. Quality makes all the difference. The experience was great, Stacey is really sweet and took care of me. The salon was totally accepting as a whole, even the other patrons.

There's more acceptance out there than I have given credit, I think.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Too funny! And yes it does look that good. I have also had many folks comment on my hair. I assumed they HAD to know it was a wig, but Jules has thought otherwise.

Pictures can be deceiving, but judging by both your pictures, Jennifer and Nadine, your wigs look very natural to me. So I can see how you can get those reactions and responses.
    I'm not so sure about my wigs. I should see about getting some styling one of these days.

Gold Member
    You live in the correct part of the country.
    There are some places that would string
    a person up for doing what you did.
    Now you did nothing wrong, but different in
    some people eyes.
    Rader

I had a good time at the salon today as well. Mimi and I went to get our roots done and even though I was in what passes for casual boy mode. I was treated well by everyone, staff and customers alike including greeting and parting hugs. It's a lot like a floating social club where the conversations float from topic to topic and everyone enjoys themselves.

I'm sure that they discuss me after we leave but the important thing is that they acknowledge me as I am.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I so agree a quality wig and a professional cut make all the difference in the world.
    I deal with a shop that has been in the same family since the 50's and Pam the owner is very accepting.
    She goes out of her way to make sure you are happy with the fit and cut.
    Very professional and knows her stuff.

Like it.

Doesn't it make you feel good?

I had a favourite hair piece years ago that worked well for me and a hairdresser nearly trimmed the fringe on it for me, I told her it would not grow again and then she realised....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.