Thread: Too good to be true?

Too good to be true?

I recently connected with a friend from my second marriage. She is a lesbian /bi. She had a rough time of it in the relationship sector. So have I if anyone has read my previous posts/threads. It seems she might want to start dating in the near future and I am very excited. But then the paranoia sets in, you know what they say about things too good to be true Just looking for some feedback please.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Being Bi or lesbian means their sexual preference not whether or not they would be accepting of a man CDing.
    Two totally different things.

Gold Member
    What does she want you to be? A girl or a boy?
    If a girl, then you hit the jack-pot.
    A Boy, then go real slow, and you might be running for the hills.
    It is a hard one to figure out.
    Only you can tell what the feelings are, so go with your gut.
    Rader

Platinum Member
    If I'm recalling correctly, you're only very recently out of a relationship that ended badly, living in with relatives for financial reasons and coping with some mental health issues. Maybe it's better for you and her to focus on healing and getting on your feet financially before pursuing another relationship.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    I agree with Kim. If the two of you want to hang out, that's fine but don't get serious until you're both mentally stable. The "lesbian /bi" thing is going to make it very difficult to have a committed relationship.

Life's too short to turn down chances to be happy. Enjoy yourself, go with the flow and life will sort itself out around you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Kim and Kristi thanks for the solid no BS advice: ) Luckily Cassandra feels similar, I'm not going to rush anything. My male side likes to jump into things, Cassandra is very cautious and reserved. I'm slowly learning my lesson that I need to listen more to Cassandra. On a side note I am picking up a fill in shift at a job I used to work at. Things might be on the up swing for me Being in a relationship wasn't a priority and I'm going to approach with caution and care.

Take fortune by the hand and let the paranoia dissipate.

You may lose an opportunity if you don't
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.