Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why so many more MTF, than FTM dressers, and TS?

Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    For what it's worth, 'autoandrophilia' (i.e. a woman who is aroused by the thought of herself as a man) is deemed non-existent, at least as part of an 'official' DSM diagnosis, by the writers of the latest DSM revision including Blanchard.
    I have to wonder if that is because sexually assertive women (more specifically, female 'tops') are not considered abnormal, but submissive men, are; so much so, that a woman who might occasionally fantasize herself as a male during sex would have no reason to go to a therapist. We also have to remember that the DSM is not by any means perfect; for example, they have expanded the diagnostic criteria for ADD so far that right now, the majority of the general population can be fit into that diagnosis.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

@ Launa: I wasn't specifically targeting you, just parts of your post were useful to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    But here's the thing - are we mostly guys playing at being girls, doing it all in a man-like way?
    Good question. I see conversation and attitudes remaining very male in the MtF of my small world.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-12-2015 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Quote trimmed

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I have to wonder if that is because sexually assertive women (more specifically, female 'tops') are not considered abnormal, but submissive men, are; so much so, that a woman who might occasionally fantasize herself as a male during sex would have no reason to go to a therapist. ...
    WTF!? You know what a woman on top means to me? A really comfortable position for ME! And by the way, it is more comfortable for my wife as well because my weight and heat are not on her. This has nothing to do with aggressive or submissive. By the way, your assertion is just opinion and not based in fact at all and reads only as a misinformed, gender confused, wishful thinking.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Launa View Post
    Lets face it as a woman go and cut your hair short, throw on a T-shirt a male pair of jeans, tennis shoes, male coat and your just an un feminine woman.
    This is where the problem lies, this is full of insults and you probably don't even realise it.
    First off, let's insult the GGs, so short hair and jeans and trainers means you have no femininity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Launa View Post
    Question 1. I didn't say short hair, jeans, running shoes = no femininity.
    So if you didn't mean "no femininity" what did you mean by "un feminine woman"? Un-feminine certainly sounds like you are accusing those women of lacking femininity.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

What I mean is if you are a FTM CD and start to do all those things and add a little bit of butchiness to your look, yes you can look un feminime for that matter call it no femininity too if you want. I'm not accusing ALL GG's that do this to look un feminime. However some might....... It depends on how far the individual wants to go with their look. Demi Moore had a shaved head years ago in a movie and she was still smoking hot in her photos.

If you mis interpret what I'm saying I will try and explain it a bit better by giving another example here. A woman can have short hair like Rihanna if you know who she is and she looks hot wearing anything even a green garbage bag if she wanted to. However if she or other women tried hard to butch up their looks a bit with a short male hair cut, male jeans, T-shirt etc then yes they can make themselves un feminime, no feminimity call it that. But its not an insult towards GG's that go for the looks like Sharon Stone, Rihanna and others the like.
    However I will call it as I see it if a woman, "not all women" and I put that in quotations, does have a standard page boy haircut, wears a male or a neutral track suit from Wal Mart, male style jeans or a cheap pair of jeans, tennis shoes etc then yes she "can" look unfeminime but its not automatic. It is possible and yes they are out there but not ALL GG's that do this look that way.
    Last edited by Launa; 04-12-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    @ Launa: I wasn't specifically targeting you, just parts of your post were useful to make a point.
    Understood, thanks!

Cheers

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Right now, in parts of the US, the LGBT community is under attack. We may very well need each other's support in the future. As always I pledge to be kind, understanding, and helpful to anyone, anywhere, any time. That is what I hope to receive on this forum also.
    Billie

At least for crossdressers my bet is that it is because many have a sexual fetish kink. Men are attracted to images and looks much more than women even if it is themselves in the mirror. Also women can wear whatever they want without even being labelled as a "crossdresser"
    Last edited by Talisker; 04-13-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

My view is that there are more Male-to-Female cross-dressers than Female-to-Male cross-dressers is because men are still restricted buy society in what they can wear that is seen a appropriate. Women can wear pants and shirts in public, but men can not wear dresses, skirts, etc. in public without having questions raised. So women can wear pretty much anything they want and men are limited. However I have not noticed many women wearing dresses these days, except in formal settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    WTF!? You know what a woman on top means to me? A really comfortable position for ME! And by the way, it is more comfortable for my wife as well because my weight and heat are not on her. This has nothing to do with aggressive or submissive. By the way, your assertion is just opinion and not based in fact at all and reads only as a misinformed, gender confused, wishful thinking.
    I must disagree with you somewhat. I know full well that physical position is not indicative of who is "in charge" during sex.

However, the words "top" and "bottom", in the LGBT community, absolutely do indicate and refer to "active" and "passive" partners.

Grammatically, your objection makes sense, but in the context of this discussion, it's not terribly relevant, and may serve to further confuse the terminology.

Support all trans people. We need numbers. In the LGBT world once the LGB get what they want they leave us hanging, not all I am speaking in generalities. It is easier for a FTM to blend in to society than a MTF because of societies rules on dress. Plus it is more accepting of a 5'5" guy than a 6'1" 260 lb girl. You more average size girls can blend easier than us defensive end size folks. Am I jealous, a little at times of both aspects. I wish we could all wear what we want when we want. Someday someday.