Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hiking

many times...a long time ago. My favorite hiking outfit was a pair of brown leather shorts, white linen/gauze cover shirt over a white bra (or sports bra as they became fashionable), Hiking boots and THICK socks. Climbed many a mountain so attired. Hair back in a ponytail, no makeup, just another girl on the mountain

Banned Read only
    I am not CD but have done considerable hiking. My friend and I have hiked the entire Appalachian trail from Main to Georgia. Just two more women on an adventure.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i totally would..i just got a nice pair of hiking boots that have a slight heel on them....now i just need a cute outdoorsy outfit to go with them xoxo i would love to go camping this summer too, i would expect my wig to reek of campfire smoke, but i think it would be fun
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 04-24-2015 at 06:02 PM. Reason: camping

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    I am not CD but have done considerable hiking. My friend and I have hiked the entire Appalachian trail from Main to Georgia. Just two more women on an adventure.
    My summertime usually involves several challenging day hikes or overnighters in the Catskills and Adirondacks, and I was reviewing this older thread to see if any of the other ladies done trails which I might want to try this year when I read your comment. I just wanted to say that "My hat is off" to you and your friend. A through hike is a great achievement!

My most noteworthy hiking adventure was doing The Devil's Path in two days a couple of summers ago, but I wasn't CD'ing at the time.

I've done about 250 miles of the AT in snippets, but haven't been able to set aside the four months which a through hike requires. I'm fairly confident that if I did try it I wouldn't consider CD'ing because of the difficulties of keeping my facial and body hair under control.

I'm sure that you already know this, Jorja, but for those who might read this thread but aren't avid hikers, the record for the fastest through hike of the AT, approximately 2200 miles, is held by a genetic woman who did it in 47 days, which is an average of 47 miles a day.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I love to get out and hike, but usually it's a backpack trip that I'm on with friends who don't know about my feminine side. My experience there is always one of sweat, dirt, damaged clothing and boots that are anything but cute. I'll keep my girl side in town I think.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    My summertime usually involves several challenging day hikes or overnighters in the Catskills and Adirondacks, and I was reviewing this older thread to see if any of the other ladies done trails which I might want to try this year when I read your comment. I just wanted to say that "My hat is off" to you and your friend. A through hike is a great achievement!

My most noteworthy hiking adventure was doing The Devil's Path in two days a couple of summers ago, but I wasn't CD'ing at the time.

I've done about 250 miles of the AT in snippets, but haven't been able to set aside the four months which a through hike requires. I'm fairly confident that if I did try it I wouldn't consider CD'ing because of the difficulties of keeping my facial and body hair under control.

I'm sure that you already know this, Jorja, but for those who might read this thread but aren't avid hikers, the record for the fastest through hike of the AT, approximately 2200 miles, is held by a genetic woman who did it in 47 days, which is an average of 47 miles a day.
    I'm with you. I fail to see the logic in extra clothes wigs shaving make up and forms. I love hiking and backpacking but my girl time does not intersect.

I get Jorja, that makes sense. And to tip my hat I've not done the AT. Four months is about 5X my vacation time. 47 miles a day? OMFG! How is that even possible? Even for one day let alone a month and a half!

Two years ago I hiked above Grindelweld in the Swiss Alps in a girly outfit. Everyone is so chilled out there they don't care. After all, it's just different boots, small shorts, and a nice hat. And I am only 5'7 and very slender so no one noticed. Great day.

I'm a pretty avid hiker, I generally reserve my Sundays for it. As far as hiking "en femme" , I have not, and probably won't for a few reasons: firstly, as I've mentioned before, this area is not very kind to people who are different. Secondly, my wardrobe/wigs/etc collection is limited and not as expendable/easily replaced as my male wardrobe. And thirdly, It's hard enough to make myself presentable as a female without all the sweat and grime. Lol ...I have a GG hiking buddy that comes along occasionally, and she described herself as "ratchet" when we were done with 18 miles last time! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    I'm with you. I fail to see the logic in extra clothes wigs shaving make up and forms. I love hiking and backpacking but my girl time does not intersect.

I get Jorja, that makes sense. And to tip my hat I've not done the AT. Four months is about 5X my vacation time. 47 miles a day? OMFG! How is that even possible? Even for one day let alone a month and a half!
    Jennifer Pharr Davis is the woman who did the 47 miles per day for 47 days through hike of the AT in 2011, but she was not backpacking at the time. She did it on what is called a "Supported Hike" basis. As you probably know, the AT crosses highways every 5-10 miles, and the way it works is that a Support Person drives a Camper Van or P-Up from the jump-off point to a pre-arranged point at a road crossing, where they meet, and the Hiker then eats, sleeps, and freshens up in the camper before starting off again the next morning. Ms. Davis was carrying a good heavy load since even a long day hike will require canteens, energy bars, prepared meals, toiletpaper, multi-tool knives, et cetera, but her pack didn't include cooking utensils, a water purifier, sleeping bag, or other gear which would be necessary for classic, sleep-on-the-trail backpacking. Which is not to diminish her accomplishment in way, forty-seven miles a day for one day would put me in bed for the rest of the month even if I wasn't carrying anything heavier than a water bottle. I Googled and the fastest traditional, unsupported through hike of the trail is fifty-eight days, done in 2013 by a man named Matt Kirk.

Wow Jorga, the appellation trail. Heck I want to hike that from the Florida panhandle to Maine and back. That's over a two thousand four hindered miles or forty four hundred there and back. It's probably two thousand miles to Georgia from Maine. That is a good long trip.
    Part Time Girl