Thread: Not sure what to make of this

Silver Member

Not sure what to make of this

Lsst Friday, I booked the afternoon off from work to have a bit of girl time. I put on a flirty black chiffon skirt, plain white top, gray cardigan and 4inch heels. No wig, makeup or boobs. There was no mistaking me for trying to pass as a woman. I got into my car and set off to some of my favoerite dress stores. This season, there doesn't seem to be many items in my size, shape and style, but a girl has to try, doesn't she? The first store, I found four dresses to try on, but on my way to the fitting room, the comments started. "OMG, where did you get those shoes! I love them!" Right away, everyone in the store wss talking about them, mostly about how they just couldn't walk in them. Anyway, the dresses were a no-go, so it was off to the rest of me excursion. I admit, it was mostly social, as I just wanted to yak with my favorite SA's, who treat me more like a friend than a customer. Coming out of the last store, I paused at the curb to let a car pass before crossing to the parking lot. The car stopped, so I stepped off the curb. Suddenly, there was a honk and I looked up. The driver, who looked like an old man with his wife beside him, was giving a thumbs up signal??? There was some glare from his windshield, so it could have been something else. I didn't acknowledge it and kept proceeding toward my car. Criminy, I couldn't tell if he was being positive, negative, sarcastic or even threatening.

It reminded me of an earlier incident, where someone wolf whistled at me. I never saw who it came from, and I didn't look around. I just kept walking. I'm pretty sure I want nothing to do with someone who would do these things, as would most women who experience an unwanted advance. I felt creeped out and now I can't imagine how any woman appreciates that kind of attention. Which is a bit sad, because I sometimes see women who I would like to compliment for their outfits snf maybe ask where they bought, but don't want to be that creep

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I once got wolf-whistled in San Francisco, aged 19, in drab. Up till then I'd only seen it happen to my mother, or other women, and like her it totally made my day. I don't get why people today are so negative about spontaneous expressions of admiration- don't they get the whole mating ritual thing? I tell you, if it happened to me now I'd probably faint with pleasure.
    I used to have a short attention spa

While I haven't ever gotten that sort of attention dressed up, partially to not having been out yet. I have gotten that sort of attention as a guy from both men and women. while I was oblivious as to the attention from the guys at first as I thought that they were just being friendly it soon turned awkward.

But I think i'm a bit of a jerk because attention from a attractive woman makes me feel sort of good, attention from a women that I don't find attractive makes me feel just as uncomfortable as it does when a man comes on to me.

But if I don't see the person I usually just give a jaunty wave and continue on my way... Now what I would do dressed i'm not sure...

And to be honest, regretfully in the past I have been one of those creeps, and when I get uncomfortable due to someone giving me that sort of attention I view it as karma. no matter if I was just following the crowd back then.

Platinum Member
    This wolf whistle thing...who does that!?!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well, I've never whistled which makes me more of a jerk. Basically I was a scrub hanging out the side of my best friends ride....

But men and women, well men have never whistled at me, but the same red minivan used to always pass me up while I was pedaling away on my bike and offer a wide variety of things from honks to waves to jeers and even a whistle. And no I didn't know them.

Silver Member
    I love getting verbal compliments from whoever, and I usually enter into a conversation with the person. But when it's from a distance and non-verbal, I don't read the intent very well. It could be sincere or sarcastic or even an indication something bad could happen. It's happened too infrequently for me to tell.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Altho my actual face when dressed is enuff to make most folks blood freeze?
    I get hit on occasionally.

Probably because they saw me from behind first. And, I was dressed hot and looked sexy. Or, when they saw me from the front? They were too busy looking down at my Dbls D's to notice my face!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If you get positive reactions from passers by that is a plus through and through.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.