Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outed BIG TIME

Given what's been said,
    I posted pics today on this forum. I can't find my given name (or otherwise) from the web/pics... can any one else?
    ♥franchesca #transgender

Google doesn't ues "facial recognition" software for it's image search engine. It uses PATTERN recognition software and then adds a list of pictures that it thinks look similar, it has nothing to do with faces. If I googled a picture of a tree as long as that same picture is out there on the internet somewhere it will find it.

I have used the function to expose a fraud right here in the TS forum. This person was using pictures of models and then photoshopping a different face on to them. When I searched the pics the original photos came up as close matches along with lots of information about the models in the photos. One picture was actually an unadulterated picture of Selina Gomez! Yeah, I can't believe I fell for it either. Lol

As long as the image you use here is not used anywhere else your pretty safe but, yeah, if you use the same image everywhere you post then it will be easy to find what is connected to that picture.

Reality Check
    Yes, it's the Internet. I have wondered many times about some of the photos posted and if they actually are photographs of the member posting them. I'm picturing in my mind someone posting photos of real women and then laughing at all the compliments. There's no guarantee that we are all who we say we are. I remember one member who used a semi-famous woman's face shot for her avatar for a long time and finally admitted it. I didn't know, I thought it was actually her.

The Internet can be a very dangerous place if not used with care and suspicion. Unless you just don't care, be very careful about what you post.

Also, if you don't have other images of yourself somewhere for the "recognition" to see if it does search. Then nothing to worry about there either.

There is kind of a nice ending to this. I have been laying low on the forum that outed me. It's not gender, sex, or anything related, it's actually a music related forum.
    Anyway, I went back on today to find 770 p.m.'s ALL congratulating me on being myself, and standing up to the butt-head who posted the link to my (I thought) private posts.
    They all said what he did was a huge breach of personal ethics. Apparently, everyone knows you do not out someone, as trans, gay, or extraterrestrial, or for any other reason.
    As much as these members had no reason to know my gender status, it's nice to know there are so many good folks out there.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 04-21-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Platinum Member
    That's a great testimony to the existence of intelligent life in the inter world
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    That's great Paula. There are jerks in any group of people. Fortunately, most people can figure out pretty quickly who they are.

Terrific Paula! that must have been a good feeling for you to get such strong support. Restores ones faith in humanity. Chalk one up for karma, people saw him for the idiot he was.
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Karma (or whatever) tends to take care of business. Glad to hear all the acceptance.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Gold Member
    Human nature is a wonderful thing sometimes. Sounds like a great group. There goes the weekend responding to 770 PMs!

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    What a great surprise Paula. Brings the faith back to situation and shows the true acceptance and compassion that really exists vs. the few bad apples that tend to overshadow they reality. We all deal with some degree and forms of negativity and closed mindedness but in the end these folks can be ignored.

All my best... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Remember, once you post a picture on any social network. That picture is no longer yours. The only way to protect yourself is to turn off WIFI, unplug the internet cable attached to your computer. And if your computer uses BlueTooth turn it off as well.

Most if not all social media use a type of facial recognition . FaceBook is the most powerful, next to Google. If you use a picture or post a picture and associate it with your name. You are no longer unknown . In addition your digital footprint just doubled.

Sorry
    Michelle

I just image searched my avatar and got two hits, both showing the picture. One was this site, the other was another crossdress site. Both hits included the pages and the posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It is only a big deal if you choose to make it into one. It isn't life threatening...So what is the big deal? If a person wants to live their life as they truly are,then their cards are on the table. There are more accepting people than non,in the world today.Support is there.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    Anyway, I went back on today to find 770 p.m.'s ALL congratulating me on being myself, and standing up to the butt-head who posted the link to my (I thought) private posts.
    As much as theseThey all said what he did was a huge breach of personal ethics. Apparently, everyone knows you do not out someone, as trans, gay, or extraterrestrial, or for any other reason.
    That is awesome support Paula so it did work out in your favour!

I'm inclined to think it was somebody you had previously come out to. I think they wanted to get their kicks by outing you to thousands of people but it backfired!

Gold Member
    I bet of all the people who saw you are TS, not one of them really cared.
    So a thread on that forum came down to name calling. How old are the members? Did they say "pwn3d" also? Do their parents know they are probably looking up "pr0n" also?

People probably saw it and maybe acted stupid but things are not considered life-threatening unless it came down to "Yo Mamma" remarks. THEN things start to get serious.

What though could be worse than getting "pwn3d" on the Internet? Oh wait, I KNOW! Someone unfriending on facebook!

Yo mama so fat that when whe was born, she gave the hospital stretch marks.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Not "misinformation".

I don't believe there is a test to see if a potential member is actually a crossdresser. Unless you know something I don't, anyone can join and post, whether actually a crossdresser or a pretender. Once that person has made X number of posts, he or she can view the gallery. Remember, this is the Internet. Not everything here is what it is made out to be.

As far as "in breach of the user agreement", as a former IT person, I know that few users read the agreement, much less take it seriously. I'll bet many members are letting their wives read posts or view pictures. Some have come right out and said it. There's nothing a site owner or moderator can do to stop this.
    Yes I have to agree with this here.... How does anybody know if someone is an imposter? If they're good with Q and A's they can be here and nobody can tell what they're up too.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Don't believe that we can't tell when someone is up to no good.

Krisi was simply spreading FUD and got called on it. She even admitted that she does not actually know what goes on in the part that you quoted.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Reality Check
    OK, what is "FUD"?

As a former IT person, I know a little more about some of this stuff than some would suspect. And I've been around a while.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity