Thread: Dressus Interruptus

Dressus Interruptus

I hadn't been dressing much for a while, a combination of lack of interest and lack of opportunity, but the last few days the desire has come back with a vengeance (as it usually does...). So today my wife (DADT) was going to be gone most of the day, so as soon as she left, I put on panties, bra, forms, dress, black heels, full makeup (which I rarely do; base, blusher, mascara, liner, shadow, lipstick), did my fingernails (again, something I rarely do - toenails were already done), necklace, earrings and bracelets and went happily about my day, working from home. Then I get a text. Neighbor wanting to know if she can stop by to borrow some carrots. Carrots!! Who needs carrots at 9:30 am??? But, wife had texted her that I was home and that we had plenty of carrots. So I'm kinda stuck. So.... off comes the jewelry, dress, panties/bra/forms, heels, nail polish remover on the fingers (toes I can hide!), remove make-up and wash face, check in the mirror to make sure no vestiges left and then text the neighbor, "Sure, come on over." Aaargh! But, now that's done, everything's back on (good practice for make-up and nails I guess) and wife has let me know she won't be home until at least another 5 - 6 hours. Just hope nobody else needs to borrow anything today. On the brighter side, wife is traveling for three days this weekend, and I have some new dresses, panties, bra and heels on the way from Nordstroms. I intend to remain as fully dressed as I can while she's away. No interruptions, please!!!!

Always something but I guess you are bouncing with the program. Like you said, good practice.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    i would have told her sure come over and answered the door dressed..but thats me...sounds like your going to have fun this weekend.

Ha! That thought did cross my mind and I wish I could have. But that would have been a WHOLE other scene!

Never heard someone so happy to see their wife gone

I joke, I wish my family would be gone for a weekend or something too

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I look at those kinds of interruptions as learning experiences as well. If you let them turn into negative experiences you start to put that anger out on others who usually don't deserve it. Keep up your good attitude and enjoy!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good to know you can handle a fast emergency teardown! Enjoy the extended weekend dressing time

I think I would have had to made up some excuse as to why I could not meet in person for the vegetable exchange especially if I were already dressed and all, maybe told her hey the carrots will be in a sack on the porch I am on a conference call with my work on urgent business sorry I cannot meet you right now. (or something)

But as others said good practice, but what a fire drill for some carrots to loan to a neighbor.

Banned Read only
    Tell you what...

PM your phone number to a few of us and we'll call you at odd times just to keep you on your toes. Wouldn't do to let you get too happy. It's just not sustainable. Don't worry. You can thank us later...

DeeAnn

Funny sounds very familiar. Yeah no interruptions.

This brings up an interesting question in my mind. For those who are firmly in the closet, do you have a "recovery" strategy for the possibility of being walked in on or interrupted unexpectedly. By that I mean a process by which you can get quickly changed back into guy mode without being discovered. What is it?

Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

I've had similar episodes in my crossdressing past. Once I had to deal with boy scouts coming to deliver pop corn ordered by my wife, while I was totally dressed. I was able to ditch the wig and heels and quickly put on a bathrobe while wiping off my lip gloss and eye shadow. It was a close call. Another time, a neighbor cane to my door with a petition to sign. This time, I was only dressed in blouse and skirt with no makeup. I was able to grab my workshop coat and pretend that I was working on a shop project. Fortunately,my neighbor never looked at bmy feet, or he would have noticed the mary jane shoes that I was wearing.

Murphy's law will always reign supreme!

Well, the "good news" is I had no further interruptions. I enjoyed a lovely day of dressing, my wife called me before heading home, and I leisurely changed back to cargo shorts, t-shirt and socks (to hide the toenails!). Looking forward to a longer uninterrupted period after I take her to the airport on Sunday. Nobody's getting any carrots for three days!!!

Banned Read only
    Bluesman,
    I get this mainly from my son, last Sunday thought I had the day to myself, phone rings, Dad will you have the dog for the day ?
    Luckily I hadn't done full makeup !

You have some patience to put makeup back on ! I think I would have chanced it and not got changed, or left some carrots by the door for the neighbour to pick up !!
    I'm glad you had a good day !
    I just stayed underdressed and cursed the dog for the rest of the day !

I hate when that happens. Have a weekend or just some free time planned and then you realize something else has come up. It happens all to often. Have a great weekend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Gone to live my life
    Sorry to hear about the "interuptus" but as you said . . . great practice both in a quick change and application. Enjoy your upcoming girl time.

Hugs

Isha

Since my wife does not know about my little hobby, my dressing time is somewhat limited to when she travels on business or when I travel. (Oh I get a few hours underdressed now and then). But last fall she had a week long business trip scheduled. It included some day travel and some late afternoon and evening downtime. I thought I was in heaven. I had visited and re-visited the Dress Barn website and had two sheath dresses picked out and had planned to go to a Vanity Fair Outlet for a few more panties and a half slip. Well, didn't she invite me to go traveling with her to be her luggage bearer. Oh well, so much for a week of dressing. She has another week planned next month. I've been saving my cash and back on the Dress Barn website. We will see what happens!

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    Bluesman you seemed to take this all in your stride ,but hey if I called to 'borrow carrots ' I would expect you to be fully dressed !!!!! Katie x.

Reality Check
    It's a shame you can't text the carrots to her.

There is always a chance of interruptions. Package delivery, neighbor (at least you had a warning), sales people, etc. I usually don't do the makeup and never the nail polish (except for clear) so I can get back to male mode in a couple minutes if I have to. That's throwing the female stuff on the bed and throwing a blanket over it. Putting it away would take a fe2 more minutes.

I think it's lovely having company over when you have a day off!!

Bummer......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.