Thread: Sophie to stephen

Sophie to stephen

Hey all

Was getting the bus home from college today, I'd normally listen to music and ignore the rest of the people talking but my phone was nearly dead so I had to brave the chat of everyone else.

There was a young teen on the bus on his way home from school having a conversation on his phone, I'd assume it was a classmate as he was arguing with him over the said friends comments to do with someone called Stephen.

I realised fairly quick that Stephen used to be a Sophie and appears to be getting bullied by the child at the other end of the phone, the kid on the bus told him unless he stopped treating HIM(Stephen) so badly he could f$#k off and he wouldn't talk to him anymore.

The child on the other end didn't appear to change his attitude given how the call ended but I've never once seen anything trans related in Ireland before and especially not from someone so young.

Some of the things I managed to hear him say we're "you have no right to judge anyone just because they are not what they were born" and a few other similar phrases.

I felt great riding the bus home after that
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Interesting! It is very seldom that we get to be "the fly on the wall" in situations close to our own.

But consider the odds -- the one time you leave your music off this happens! Was it one in a billion? Or do these sorts of conversations occur more often than we think?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I would like to think conversations like these are more frequent and held by knowledgeable people.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Its amazing the conversations you hear on buses, i once heard a chat between two teen girls discussing the girls clothes one of them had dressed their brother in she went onto great detail about his underwear and everything else she had dressed him in xx

Yeah perse, the odds are unbelievable but it reminds me of when you learn a new word and you hear everyone saying it then.
    I had crossdressing on the brain all that morning so it's just like that I guess.

Emma, yeah your right, the stuff you hear being talked about in public can be so obscure sometimes although the conversations I have with my friends are probably just as strange to the others

for its like spotting cars - when you get a new make/model, you start noticing others around, before just unobservant. I find the same now - I spot men with overly-clean shaven faces and reduced brows (and smile to myself), and if my observations are correct, we might be on for a far larger CD % of the male population than any survey has so far revealed. Those of us out are only the tip of an iceberg, and iceberg tips are only 10%!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

there are a ton of websites about overheard conversations on a bus, subway, etc... It is a lot of fun to read them.

Here is one. http://conversationsonabus.com/
    Live and let dress.