I must be blessed, or exceptionally fortunate. It's not supposed to be this easy, is it?

Just a couple of anecdotes from the life of MsVal.

A couple weeks ago I was in JC Penny, exchanging something for my wife. I was dressed, but pretty casually, guy shoes, women's jeans and t-shirt, and guy jacket. I was wearing minimum makeup, just a little foundation and very light lipstick.

I had a little time to spare so after the exchange I browsed the women's section; not buying, just looking. On my way out I stopped into the Sephora store where an EXTREMELY bubbly sales associate welcomed me by asking if I was looking for some new lipstick or foundation. I said no, but wanted some information on how to book a makeover. I told her I was transgender and asked if they served people like me. She said "Oh, yeah, we've got a bunch of them that are regular customers. When would you like to come in?"

A few days ago I was dressed a bit better; business casual and appropriate makeup when I went to Kohl's to get some things for an upcoming Girls Night Out. Yes, I did pause a bit before getting out of my car. <grin> I took a phone call.

At Kohl's I found several nice dresses on the sale racks, including one with no price tag. I walked over to a Sales Associate and asked her to please check the price. She did so without batting an eye. We struck up a brief conversation and I asked if I could try them on. I never said I was transgender, she never asked, but was not at all surprised by my request. When I was done trying them, and found the two I wanted to buy, I made my way to the jewelry section where the Sherry, the SA was a delight. We talked about what things went well together, and even exchanged information about resale stores.

I took the dresses, jewelry, and undergarments to the checkout and chatted a bit with the cashier while she rang them up. (she's been in retail 20+ years and loves it). As we completed the transaction she said that she hopes my wife likes them. I told her that they were for me, and without missing a beat she said that I would look good in them.

Is it supposed to be this easy?

Best wishes
MsVal