Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best mail ever!

Best mail ever!

Yesterday my Estrogen patches and and spironolactone pills arrived in the mail! My heart leapt as I opened the parcel. I can't believe I finally have them. Now I have to wait until Monday evening. I am running the Boston Marathon Monday morning and starting HRT that evening. What a day !
    Suzanne

5 more days and counting...

Congratulations on getting here, Suzanne! It's one more step forward to living the real life. And I wish you dry skies and comfortable shoes for your run! Let us know how you do, OK?

Karen

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Wow, a busy Monday, so happy for you. Have fun at the run, and celebrate that night.

Banned Read only
    Estrogen patches and and spironolactone pills or Boston Marathon? I'm not sure I would get much running done.

Congratulations! How exciting.

As I always say in this situation. Welcome to our very weird club. Congrats sister!

Congrats!! You have WAAAAY more self control than I ! I would have ripped the packages open with my teeth if I had to!

Good luck in the marathon, hope you make your goal. Let us know. And I am sure we will see you do your happy dance Monday night!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

It's wise to leave the spiro for after the run, as it does have the most annoying tendency of making you have to pee at the worst possible times. It's worth it though Suzanne. Congratulations on this very earnest part of your journey! All the best, Ann
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Congrats, my your journey be without bumps in the road.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    I guess short of having gourmet ice cream shipped this package would definitely be high on the list of OMG It's Time.

Congrats and good luck in the Marathon... have someone there ready at the finish line with the water for the Spiro...patches will have to wait til you've had a good shower.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Some days it seems like things can get no better. I wish you many more of the same and good luck in the run.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Gold Member
    I love the control you have on your path. It will aid you greatly! Happy running and may you get your best time.

Congratulations! It is good to have some self-control before starting. You are probably going to use those medications for the rest of your life, so a few days will not change much, even if you would want to start right now. That will just make you more relaxed when using the first dose, and not in a rush. Congratulations again!

Gold Member
    I think we are waiting for marathon results followed by word that a certain number of pills no longer exist.......

Come on! We are waiting!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Wow Suzanne,

TWO incredible feats in one day. I hope our windy, cold and damp weather didn't hurt your marathon times too much and more importantly, I hope it didn't dampen your spirits for your HRT. Welcome to our neck of the woods, this cold weather just will not give up this year.

Hugs,
    -E
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

cisgender gal
    It's no longer Monday night in Boston............................................ ..................congrats!!!

Banned Read only
    So, I did'nt see where Suzanne F won the marathon. Did she win the HRT standoff???

I can just see Suzanne when the microphone is shoved into her face and the question is asked: You've just won the Boston Marathon! What are you going to do next?

I doubt the answer would have anything to do with Disneyland!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Welcome to the world of hormones!!! And welcome back to sunny California!!! I grew up in New England so I'm familiar with the cold, damp weather.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Congrats! That sounds like a great reward for finishing a marathon.

Marathons and patches

Hi !
    I did complete the Boston Marathon in 3:56. Given the weather conditions and my injured foot I was satisfied with the time. I have run faster marathons but I am most proud of finishing this one. My running coach, who is also my AA sponsor, ran the race with me. We crossed the finish line together!

So we made our way through the chute and received our medals. Somehow we made it to the place where we picked up our drop bags and then caught a cab to our hotel. My wife and friends all met me there to be with me after the race. It was so touching that everyone was there. I excused myself to go up to the room to shower and change. I quickly got ready and through on make up and hair. My estrogen patches were lying there on the vanity. My wife was downstairs with our friends and it just didn't seem right to put the patches on yet. So I went downstairs to rejoin everyone. I sat down and then I told my wife I hadn't out my patches on yet. She asked why. I said I just wanted to make sure she was ok with it. Of course she said. I excused myself and went back to the room.

I peeled the adhesive off the first one and took a deep breathe and placed it on my hip. Right then the door opened and my wife came in. She said she had to be a part of this. She put the second patch on for me. We kissed and I hugged her. She is the one who should have received a medal on Monday. We went back down to our friends and announced I was beginning my transition at that moment.

I am back in SF Bay Area now. My body is wrecked and I need to rest. I can't really put the whole thing into words yet. I hope later I can really write about all of the emotions of the weekend.

I am attaching a few pics of the event. Yes even some of me right after the race without hair and make up. It's hard to look good post marathon!

Suzanne
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-22-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Removed reference to one gender, this forum supports all genders and we ask that you respect that

Simply, congratulations to both of you!

Wonderful post! Thanks for letting us share your experience!

Hugs, Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]