Thread: The hypocrisy of being a CD

The hypocrisy of being a CD

Here is a little anecdote I had today...

I was walking home from work in a full out daydream of CD'ing. It was about when would be my next time to dress and what was I going to wear? I was right into it as I was living the feeling of being dressed and slipping into 4" pumps...I then snapped out of it when I was standing at a stop light and I noticed I was in a full out masculine stance on the street corner...thumbs in my jeans and a lopsided bow legged lean...a huge smile came across my face as I felt the hypocrisy!!

Oh well...

Yep, was thinking the same thing the other day, walking around town, in view of busy traffic. What if i was all dolled instead? I would need different posture and body lang
    uage for sure!

I actually have a bit of a reverse problem. Lately I've noticed that if I daydream about allison related stuff I have a tendency to lose my masculine gate and have to concentrate on not swaying my hips.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Regardless of what it was, it still brought on a smile! And smiling as many times as possible in life is what it's all about!

This is so me!!!! I love it!

But I still get amazed at how fast that I slip on a pair of heels, and all that man stuff completely goes away.

I'm often in two minds over such stuff
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    NikiMichelle,
    I'm not sure if you'd call it hypocrisy, when you slip from one to the other I'd call it confusing ! I find thinking about dressing or looking in shop displays mentally changes how I present myself ! Some how people appear to pick up on it and generally smile and are more pleasant , I think it shows more in the face than the walk !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I tend to agree with, Teresa. A hypocrite mite diss a dresser in public then go home and slip on some nylons and a nightie himself.

Sounds more like you're confusing your genders?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    It's not hypocrisy. You have been socialized as a male. You will behave in certain ways, or else. And for most of us, if we didn't, we got our asses kicked. So it's totally natural to display this behavior, even while desiring femininity.

Believe me, were you to transition, you'd discover just how hard it can be to rid yourself of some of this stuff.

Mannerisms are such a challenge, trying to go against your programming of a decade or more.
    When picking something up and reminding yourself to squat and not just lean over like a gorilla is tough

Reality Check
    Daydreaming while walking could have you walking into a lamp pole or moving traffic. Best to pay attention to what you're doing.

But to the point; Yes, we are conditioned to male mannerisms. We can strap on a set of boobs and a wig but we still walk and act like Fred Flintstone. It takes a conscious effort to even attempt to carry ourselves as females.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Daydreaming while walking beats texting while walking. We have had a painting crew and carpenters in the house for almost three weeks. I have had to spend my time daydreaming about Meg's dresses and skirts tucked discretely in the closet and drawers.

I don't see it as hypocrisy at all. Why can't it just be that some of us are a blend of both genders? In a recent convo with my wife, I gave an analogy of how most men and most women.... And yes, somewhat of a generalization, but MOST... most men view the world in shades of blue, women view the world in shades of pink. Remember folks this is just an analogy, nothing real serious about this, but for me, I view the world in both pink and blue. I don't view it as blue as MOST men, nor as pink as MOST women. But there is nothing hypocritical about this IMO.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I see your point... I giggle like crazy on the inside when people comment me at work on something "manly" I do while being underdressed all the time
    My whole life I have been dressing up as a man. This is me.
    Maura - Transparent

Find me on any of these places:
    Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram

It's how you're used to acting most of your life. I'm just a small thin guy, but nobody would ever suspect my CD side because I normally act like a regular guy. In fact it's hard to shed my masculine habits as a girl. I'm forever catching myself unconsciously acting too much a guy when dressing as a girl. It's an odd state being two genders. The one you were born & raised with, & the one you want to be.

Once I was driving home and had a "daydream" about going out to a party en femme. Ironic since I was coming home from a party I'd gone to en femme....I turned a corner and my boob hit my arm when I turned the wheel and I snapped out of it. Just one of those funny things.

Have to admit that when people I knew sometimes made fun of TG people I did not always step up to the defense. That's pretty hypocritical.

I don't believe that "hypocrisy" is the correct description. If you were telling the World that cross dressing is wrong and that all cross dressers should stop cross dressing and then going home and dressing in women's clothing, then you would be a hypocrite. I'm not sure what word best describes what you felt but you are not a hypocrite. The preacher who rails against homosexuality as a sin from the pulpit on Sunday and then goes to a gay bath house to seek sex with other men on Monday is truly a hypocrite.
    Hypocrisy --- a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess--

So it would be interesting if we could find a word that more aptly describes what you describe. Any suggestions from our fellow cross dressers.

Hypocrisy, Naw it's the irony of it it all.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Just pay attention so you don't get run over. I've had too many encounters with people daydreaming or texting as they walk in front of my car.

Quote Originally Posted by NikiMichelle View Post
    Here is a little anecdote I had today...

I was walking home from work in a full out daydream of CD'ing. It was about when would be my next time to dress and what was I going to wear? I was right into it as I was living the feeling of being dressed and slipping into 4" pumps...I then snapped out of it when I was standing at a stop light and I noticed I was in a full out masculine stance on the street corner...thumbs in my jeans and a lopsided bow legged lean...a huge smile came across my face as I felt the hypocrisy!!

Oh well...

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I wouldn't call it being hypocritical. I'd call it existing somewhere in the middle of the gender spectrum.

Platinum Member
    It's clearly not hypocrisy. I think you meant is that you found your attire and movements were not consistent with femininity, but not because you were deliberately trying to create a discord. It was simply a matter of not being fully conscious of and compensating for your ingrained masculine mannerisms.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I used hypocrisy in jest; "contradiction within my own mind" might have been better! ��

I went to a wedding reception last night. Dress shirt, tie, dress pants and shoes. I sent my friend Kim a picture of me like that because she usually sees me in drag and she said all she sees is Rachels face in a tie! Lol. At the reception the whole time I'm sitting there checking out girls outfits and makeup and shoes and such.
    "I put on some make up. Turn on the 8 track. I'm pulling the wig down from the shelf. Suddenly I'm miss punk rock star of stage and screen, and I ain't ever, I'm never turning back."

My girlfriend will watch me for lapsing back into my undercover cop stare which happened of all places yesterday in a Victoria Secrets store, my eyes would locked in on another customer who seemed not to fit in (none of my business but have been trained for this and not an easy thing to stop). I get a whisper in the eye "Stop it... you are doing that stare thingie", I pause, look away and go back to looking what I came for and by the way they did not have the capris I was looking for.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

Love it! Ying and yang.