Thread: A silly little moment today

A silly little moment today

I had an unexpected reaction today, and while it surprised me at the time, in retrospect, I am pleased by it.

I made a CD version of a mixed tape (yeah, I am old enough to remember making cassette tapes to listen to in my cars). My CD was all of women singers, so I could sing along in private and work on, in a fun way, voice therapy. Well, one of my favorite singers, Sara Hickman, sang a sweet, little song (Sister & Sam) about her old, melancholy memories of her beloved aunts while she was growing up in the deep South in the 1960s (I grew up in Virginia, so I can relate). And while I have always liked Sara's music (I even met her once!), and as of late, I've really liked this one song, but today, on the commute home, something hit me differently. As I sang along with her, the song made me feel the melancholy she described, and I suddenly began to feel choked up to where I could no longer sing. I pulled the car into the garage, closed the door, and sat in the car with tears streaming down my cheeks for a good five minutes.

So OK, this is a goofy story, I know. But the thing to celebrate is that now after 5 weeks on HRT and after my own self-acceptance of my femininity (rather than my life-long repression and fear of being discovered), I have finally allowed myself to FEEL. I can feel life now in my heart. And that is an amazing development in my life. What a glorious thing this life is.

Karen

Wonderful! Sometimes tears feel so good!

And you are so right -- life is a glorious thing!

Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone .
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

We all need a good cry.
    Five weeks? You've got three more months of crying at-
    Hallmark cards
    Puppies
    Babies. (two years HRT and babies still make me tear up)
    Any movie that beach houses in the rain make you realize love was there all along.
    Realizing you've lost/gained a dress size.

Oh, yes! Music will make the tears flow. I'm extremely susceptible to lost/ unrequited love songs. When I heard To Love Somebody by the BeeGee's, I think I cried for two days.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Ah yes, crying over spilled milk .... no wait that's something else ......
    Crying over seemingly mundane things, always a fun time .

Here try this one, its the full version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdnFvPamz54
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Darn you Sammy...choked up on that one.

Karen... Welcome to the wonderful world of emotions hon!!! Feels silly but sure feels good.

Cheer... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Untitled
    Sammy, You're a B**** a little more warning next time.

Karen, it is really amazing the things that you supress, and when you are free to express yourself, your emotions are set free as well
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

cisgender gal
    That's pretty cool, Karen. Hugs for you if you want them.

Rose, yes, I want them (hugs and feeling emotions!). 52 years of feeling dead inside are well enough for me.

Sammy, you are cruel (and lovely). Thank you!

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer-GWN View Post
    Darn you Sammy...choked up on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    Sammy, You're a B**** a little more warning next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen62 View Post
    Sammy, you are cruel (and lovely). Thank you!
    Well the title does say "Can a gum commercial make you cry?" And apparently the answer is YES!!
    I will admit though that the first time I saw it I just lost it, and still do when I see it.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

The Mad Scientist
    I absolutely love being able to really feel for the first time in my life.

I am enthralled by deeply emotional scenes in movies. Just yesterday I watched the end of Interstellar (again) and had [yet another] cry.
    My wife think's I am completely nuts - but I LOVE IT!

There is way more than tears to emotions. GG always seem to forget this when they see us deal with them for the first time in our life.
    I have found more happiness than I thought possible as well.
    Kris

I think your putting into words exactly what this is all about to me, thanks for sharing this