Thread: For the late bloomers, a question about starting late.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar

For the late bloomers, a question about starting late.

I never even considered crossdressing ever until I was researching a place for my wife to get glamor photographs taken. I wanted her to see how beautiful she looks to me, every day, without makeup, as she is. But her standards are way higher than mine. Hence the glamor shots.

That Google search for glamor photoshoots brought me to a site that had gorgeous photos. And videos of the shoots. BUT WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! They are GUYS!!!????!!!! I had never herd of this. And it looked like FUN! So I had one and then started crossdressing.

The odd thing, more odd I guess, is that this happened about six months after prostate cancer and surgery. I am unsure if there is any relationship. For me I don't think so, but who knows?

Has anyone else become a late bloomer after prostate surgery?

Yes, me in late 2006 after prostrate removal in 2005. The operation with its side effects was my motivation. I joined this site in 2007 and the rest is fun history! I started dressing from zero, never any ore-experience specifically associated with or directed at crossdressing. In 1981 I had dressed completely as a woman, regular plane Jane woman, for a company costume party, used the ladies restrooms all night, had a fantastic time, and never thought of it nor did anything further until 2006. I occasionally look back realizing how I feel today, and wonder why I did not start there?? Another useless question to fret over, that I have learned to ignore and just move on.

PS: I am also originally from Michigan, and as someone said in another recent thread, "It must be in the water!".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    First let me warn u, Billie. Most here that call themselves, "late bloomers", r actually, "early procrastinators"!

Very few r like U, Allie, and me. I began dressing out of the blue at age 50+. Too coincidently when I was put on 2 hormonal meds for my enlarged prostate.

Like Allie, I went to a big costume party dressed as a woman at about age 45 and my ex as a man. I didn't even recall that event until I was over 60!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Late bloomer but no medical issues. Out shopping with wife for shoes. She asked me if I liked the heels she was trying on. I said yes. She then asked why and I said I didn't know. The she asked me how they made me feel when she wore them. When I admitted the attraction, she wanted me to buy a pair for myself. First time - in stiletto heels - and we both saw the obvious pleasure. She then had me try on some of her underwear. Then lipstick and eye makeup. And I discovered that I was a crossdresser.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I was a late bloomer in that I had never ever tried it before. Never even considered it. Didn't even know guys did this except for comedy routines, "Some Like It Hot", Spike Jones, Red Skelton, "I Was a Male War Bride", and that kind of stuff. I was and am totally happy being a guy. But now I am 100% guy with extras.

Nothing medical, just started after 50 all of a sudden.

not after prostate, a late bloomer, starting with panties fetish in the 90's through to wearing them under in the 00's, and exploding into full dressing this year (aged 54). did have vasectomy in 2006, i'm sure that is related but not as the cause.

my own theory for late blooming is more psycho-social, about males moving into balance with their feminine side.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Again, no medical situation, but I started at 58 or so. No sisters, or real access to female clothing at a young age, and no real desire to try it before my late 50's. Bought my own piece of clothing (panties) slipped them on and never looked back. Fully dress now that I am retired (wife still works 2 days a week-Tuesdays & Thursdays) I dress as soon as she leaves and only reluctantly go back to male clothing as she is driving home. She knows but cares not to see. Do go out occasionally and I love being Carla whenever I can.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

cisgender gal
    I wanted her to see how beautiful she looks to me, every day, without makeup, as she is.
    That is so sweet of you. Tell her a random internet stranger says she should keep you. But really, it is sweet. It's how I feel about my lovely pre-transition m2f girlfriend.

BillieAnneJean:

No prostate or other medical issues but started CDing at age 62. Do it every day now. Early childhood CD history and mid-40s gender bending (purse & 3" heeled boots) but it wasn't until now with kids gone and wife's support that I CD daily. Many convergent issues are making it possible for older CDers to finally express themselves.
    Cheers,
    Gypsy