Thread: oh happy day!

oh happy day!

okay, so my turn to do a little happy dance, so bare with me and close your eyes if you don't want to be scared for life (not a good dancer!! )

Anywho, had a session with my gender therapist this morning. Her assessment is complete. I have my letter to begin HRT.

She sent it to my Dr this morning, so I have to make an appointment with him and get blood work done, etc. But past that hurdle!

She doesn't think I need to go to an endo as my Dr now has all the protocols, and no need to go through another gate keeper, it is pretty obvious for her, and she also doesn't want me to wait to get into the endo for at least a month or drive 2 hours to see her.

so,

Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Go go Gidget so glad to hear that girlfriend love cindy

Banned Read only
    Good for you! Be sure to question your doctor. Make sure they have experience with transsexuals. If not, you may want to go ahead and locate an endo with experience. It can make all the difference in the world.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Blast off. Soooooooo happy for you and I know the legwork you did and personal challenges in the process this took. Congratulations sweaty.

All my love... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Congrats Erin. I am happy for you
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

On this one I would disagree with Jorja. As long as your GP has access to the protocols there s no need to see an endo. I didn't and I did well with just my GP.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    Brilliant news , I'm really excited for you and i remember well how I felt leaving the clinic with my hrt recommendation I can't add much advice I'm afraid being in the UK but jorja always seems to have very good advice on these things

Congratulations Erin!! X
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

Congrats so happy for you. Mega hugs

Congratulations, Erin! Awesome news.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Very happy for you!

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Outstanding... I know what a wonderful, exciting, trepidatious and nervous moment this is... Embrace it...
    Call me Donna, please

Congrats on getting your letter! When I got mine it felt like a huge gatekeeping weight was lifted off my shoulders so I can imagine how good you're feeling.

Gold Member
    I was floating when I had that letter in my hand. Keep on smiling! This is like another new beginning to me. Self exploration before, now self realization.

Congrats.
    And like some others have said, just be sure your Doc knows what they are doing and don't be afraid to ask questions.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Congrats Erin! Go ahead and dance like crazy! (I did!)

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Erin!! Fantastic news! Such happy news -- I love it! As Jorja and Sammy said, own this and ask lots of questions. If you have an idea of what you want, ask for it, and if the doctor has other ideas, ask why. I got the regimen I wanted, but I researched it heavily beforehand and came in with an open mind about the approach, ready to be convinced otherwise in case I was wrong. I asked a lot of questions and my doc, a lovely man, had answers for most, and said he'd research more details for the rest. Your healthcare is a cooperative effort. Never abdicate your role in that.

Now after my soap box speech, how about a happy dance, my dear? You deserve it! Congratulations, Erin!

Karen

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    On this one I would disagree with Jorja. As long as your GP has access to the protocols there s no need to see an endo. I didn't and I did well with just my GP.
    Glad you were fortunate enough to have a GP that felt comfortable treating you. Many do not and will refer you to an endo anyhow.

Thanks for all the positive comments and support!!!

I have an appointment with my Dr on Monday. He got me in really fast so we can start. We are going to talk about how best to proceed so that we are both comfortable with the process. I do have the name of a local Dr who has followed TG patients in the past but is not taking on any new patients and will give it to him if he is looking for a resource. If he wants me to see an endo, then I will go with that. I am hoping that he will be okay without to save time and money and travel, but I don't know. At the very least, we can start the blood work and labs.

another baby step....
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

What Me Worry
    Erin congratulations on your first step on the yellow brick road. Now click your heels together and repeat there is no place like finally getting to be your true self.
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012

Erin
    Congratulations! I know what a relief it is to pass that hurdle. It took me a few rejections from endocrinologists before finding my way to a woman's clinic. Good luck with your next step!
    Suzanne

Congratulations on a new chapter of your journey Erin
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

The Mad Scientist
    Yay, that is a good feeling.
    Kris