Thread: The trouble with acronyms

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar

The trouble with acronyms

Sitting in a crowded operational briefing this morning, amidst the normal hum of a dozen or so conversations a senior officer from another work area came over to me and asked, in his usual loud manner if I was still TS CD...

Instant silence in the room... "Clearances", he corrected him self... (Apparently he needed support in relation to an operation that required security and organisational clearances / briefings / training that I possess, a TS with C and D...)

"Don't give a f&$@ about the extra curricular....", was his concludary comment.

Might get to strap on the body armour one more time...

Donna
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-20-2015 at 11:19 PM. Reason: No guns, no exceptions
    Call me Donna, please

Go getem

O M G (speaking of TLAs). Did he turn red in embarrassment once he realized the ambiguity of his question? Did you blush? I assume by the "extra curricular" comment that you are out at work and that he and everyone else in that meeting knows. But wow... I hope you just OWNED it in response! "Why, yes, thank you for asking..."

Karen

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Sorry, in case you don't know, everyone at work knows about Donna, most are fine, a few find it a little awkward. Its kind of accepted as an unmentioned 'elephant in the room'. He is one who is a little unsure quite how to take it but would never admit to embarrassment.

It was just amusing.... The same question could have been asked to anyone else without reaction...
    Call me Donna, please