Thread: Bicycles. SRS, before and after

Bicycles. SRS, before and after

I already know bicycle seats are often uncomfortable and getting the right seat makes a world of difference in comfort, alas my question pertains to if there is a difference before SRS and AFTER when using the same bicycle seat.
    Does having the male parts vs not having the male parts make any difference, comfort wise?

I'm curious about this question as I am, and always will be, an avid cyclist.

I am aware that you can find anatomical seats at reasonable prices that would solve any discomfort issues. But you can adjust the seat you are used to using for greater comfort also. However I also know that when you adjust any seat, there will be an adjustment period where other parts of your body will be sore and stiff until you get used to the new configuration.

I'm interested in seeing how someone that has gone through SRS handled the change.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Banned Read only
    I have not had any problem with bicycle seats. Believe it or not they are designed to take your weight and place it on your buns instead of your gentiles. Now a vibrating motorcycle seat.....

Bicycle seats. Get fitted! There is no way that any of your bicycle touch points should cause extended discomfort and eventually pain. Shoes/pedals; hands-shoulders/bars-levers; butt-chamois/saddle. Get fitted, get fitted, get fitted! There are hundreds of combinations, and most all modern mid to high end components allow for some adjustments.

Women's specific saddles are different from males saddles. Often shorter and wider to accommodate wider hip bone anatomy. HOWEVER what is good for one woman, is not true for all. Males have a peroneal nerve issue that woman don't share. There is no, one size fits all, and this is one of those purchases that should be religiously avoided online (unless you already know your saddle of choice). Get yourself down to you LBS (local bike store, and not little black skirt) tryout different saddles. One key issue that is reoccurring and is important is saddle height and leg length. Your LBS when fitting, will measure and adjust for this, even recommending an insert(s) to correct for leg length difference.

Lastly for saddles, more cushion does not necessarily equal more comfortable. A road bike saddle will not be the same as a street/beach cruiser saddle.

hugs and on-your-left (right, in the UK)
    Chrissi
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

I am so glad I ride a recumbent!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Brooks B17 and be patient. It's by far the most comfortable road seat. It's adaptable to your anatomy as it changes.

Any Transcyclists in Mass please contact me. Let's ride.
    "Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future." David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Lauren's Suggestion is a great one, and I apologize for not thinking of it. I have two bikes with Brooks saddles, and by far the most durable and comfortable...but as she says...give it a month to break it in.

Lauren, Im here in Harvard, Mass, and an avid road cyclist, however, I ride in boy mode.

Chrissi
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!