Thread: something that made me smile...

something that made me smile...

So I'm still very much at the start of my journey, waiting to hear from the gender clinic having been referred by my GP a few months ago, seems like the NHS route is very much about waiting and more waiting. However it seems like a lot more people I've met lately have seemed to understand my gender identity without prior knowledge... I was at an open mic night last week run by someone I vaguely knew on facebook, at one point I asked him where the bathrooms were, he quite specifically told me the second door on the right... which was the women's, the men's was the first. just a small thing but it made me happy. I get so many parents telling their kids to "give the man the money" for stuff they're buying at my work, things like that make a difference.

Little victories can mean so much for the Ego, Mary! I had one last Sunday. I got a good portion of the day to go shopping as Heidi. I was checking out at Kohl's with a couple of things, when the clerk checking me out said she loved my make up!
    What a rush, we talked a little about my methods while waiting for the cash register to catch up.
    I always love little surprises like these!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!