Thread: Spring Fling

Spring Fling

Chi Chapter had its Spring Fling last Saturday which I attended. I went for a mani/pedi at the nail salon that I use and am no longer nervous about going to. The manicurist talked me into getting acrylic nail polish for my fingers which later turned out to be a big mistake. I then went to Janna of Janna's Studio for my makeover. She talked me into trying on a longer length wig which I adored immediately. With plenty of taping and makeup and two plus hours I was ready for the dinner/dance. I took Janna as my date and off we went. I wore the same dress that I have posted previously about because I had to have it altered at Nordstroms. The S.A.s and the ladies in the dressing room treated me kindly. I enjoyed the Spring Fling and how feminine I felt while there. When I returned home, I went to remove my fingernail polish. It wouldn't come off. I had several other bottles of nail polish remover and tried them all. Nothing worked. I ran to the garage and tried paint thinner and mineral spirits with the same results. I'm panicking. I have a first date with a G.G. the next day and I can't let her see me like this. (As many of you are aware my loving wife died almost one year ago. I have only recently just started to date.) I take finger nail files and start sanding the polish off my nails. At four in the morning, I still had three fingers to go. I went to bed and did the rest when I got up. I will never use acrylic nail polish on my finger nails again. I did have a nice time on my date.

Don't hide from acrylics.. just make sure you have a bottle of acetone at home for next time x x

Acetone is used in most nail polish removers Abigail, I'm guessing it didn't work

Next time, use the Internet! There are MANY tutorials and YouTube videos on how to remove acrylic nails. Acetone works, if properly warmed, and if you have patience.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonDenise View Post
    ........................................ The manicurist talked me into getting acrylic nail polish for my fingers which later turned out to be a big mistake. ......................................
    Sharon, I had a similar experience with acrylic nails once. I can relate to the panic.
    Dana Ryan

I talked with Janna later that next evening. She stated that with acrylic nail polish you have to soak your nails in nail polish remover longer but it will eventually soften enough to be removed. I agree, I should have looked on the internet for advice. It would have save much time and trouble.