Thread: A Wpnderful Friday (Part One "I Want What I Want")

A Wpnderful Friday (Part One "I Want What I Want")

I deserved a treat for finishing and filing my taxes on time, so I was off to Amazon to find
    my reward. I found a 60 inch faux pearl necklace and clicked it into my cart. Did I mention doing taxes
    for family members too? Another reward was in order.

I have been looking for the first movie that described how I felt deep inside when I saw it at age 14.
    I skipped school and went downtown to see it back in 1972. It was called "I Want What I Want", the story
    of Wendy, a male to female transexual who leaves home after being physically abused by her father when
    she's caught wearing her deceased mother's clothes. She moves to a boarding house and starts her transition.
    Although the character of Roy/Wendy is played by woman born female actress Anne Heywood (PC?), I found her
    to be convincing. I rented it from Blockbuster back when there was a Blockbuster and thought it held up pretty well.

Amazon had it in stock! I ordered it. Soon it would be mine.

I remember that movie! Think it was also the first TG movie that my spouse and I ever saw. And I believe it has some parts thaat are difficult to view.

So glad you reminded me of it. After you placed your order I placed mine and may have scored the last copy that Amazon had in stock! But they promise more in a few days.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).