Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing, a subversive act?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post

(Brenda said: I don't dress to try to change society, even though crossdressing does subvert the heteronormative gender binary paradigm. )

Then you said:
    Wow trying to sound all lofty and scientific.LOL
    I find people that use terms like that are the ones afraid to call it what it is "crossdressing".
    Nope, just repeating terms I hear from my daughter (always pointed at me in an accusatory manner, as in "you are so ...")(if she only knew), after she took gender studies classes at college!
    Last edited by Samantha Clark; 04-24-2015 at 07:31 PM.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Banned Read only
    Personally, I would not use the word Subversive. To me there is always the active quality associated with it. It would seem to be quite difficult to be passively or unconsciously subversive. When we dress, the vast majority of us are not trying to be actively subversive. We're just trying to spend some time living as our alter ego; no more, no less.

Anyway, whatever happens to established gender constructs is largely independent of what we, as crossdressers, might do. If we did attempt to bring about an adjustment to how society is structured, we would still have the problem of critical mass. We would need many more people in public in order to make a statement and I just don't see that happening.

DeeAnn

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Brenda it sounds like her teachers are filling the students heads with terms that sound sooo intellectual.LOL
    People that don't do teach ha ha.

Subversion isn't my prime motivation, but it's a nice side effect. I just want to be pretty! If it means making closed minded people uncomfortable then that is their issue, not mine. Never be scared to be weird, I say!