Thread: Tears of joy.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar

Tears of joy.

Well on another jaunt to our ha on the west coast. This time to address our world wide field teams on the latest. This is a broadcast that I do 2x per year with an audience of several thousand. Som3hrs in front of the camera in the morning and again in the evening. I surprised the studio crew when I told them I'd do my own makeup this. Nothing really beyond a bit of foundation and powder as I'm yet to be fully out to the overall organization. I aslo realized that I'd need to do something with my hair as that has gotten considerably longer so up that went. In fact I more often then not have my hair up like in my new avatar most days.

But this post isn't necessarily about the broadcast itself but the day to day interactions at the office for the week. This broadcast I brought two collegues to assist in the broadcast with an expectation that we'd each have dinner together so that I could officially come out to them. Both of these folks have been close friends for some time and one in particular I'd consider my best male friend of all. We only rarely see each other but talk everyday and my philosophy regarding coming out is that it be done face to face (no phone, no txt, Twitter, Im, fb or any other mechanism but f2f). I figure something like this demands the respect and personal touch that it deserves.

My female collgue I told on Saturday evening. Genuine warm reception. She has many gay and trans friends so knew this one would be easy going into it... No tears or drama just good conversation and a bit of a surprise too her but as she reflected back over the past few months everything started to click in.

Coming out to my male friend I had figured might be a crap shoot that could go either way but I knew regardless that whether yesterday... Next week... Or next month... The crap shoot odds wouldn't change. I also knew going into it that I'd be significantly devastated if it went bad. In the end there really was no choice and I realized from listening to all of you over time there will be good times but also bad ones that can't be avoided.

He's followed my medical trials and tribulations over the past months but I've left some of the associate details out as might understand.

We went to dinner last evening prior to flying out separate ways this morning. I started the conversation with a heartfelt "I have something really important to discuss with you and it is going to be probably the most difficult conversation I've had with anyone, your friendship means a great deal to me and I'd hate,to have what I'm going to tell you get in the way of that". Got pretty choked up at that point but he gave me his reassuring smile and gave me time to,compose myself. With a little additional preamble I finally said "these are two big words I'm going to say.... I'm transitioning... To a woman". With a bit of a pause... He just looked at me and said.... "Are you happy? Are you healthy? If so then that's all that matters I've been your friend for many years and will continue to be your friend nothing is going to change that".

...and so it was. We talked for another couple of hours about too many things to count. My approach has been in these chats to give them the right to ask any and all questions as I figure if I can drop something like this on them then they deserve the right to ask anything that comes to mind...anything... Nothing is off the table.

After getting back to my room I had a very good cry. Taps opened pretty good. Tears of joy mind you and a great relief in the end.

Since I had 10 hours,of travel ahead this morning I got up early...showered... Did my makeup... Put on a nice blouse and jean skirt ...donned my keds .. Closed up the suitcase and headed out looking and feeling comfortable for a day in the air. But wait...he'd be waiting for me in the lobby as our flights left at essentially the same time 😄 . No worries business as usual.. Given the normal crap for being a minute late and having too much luggage; we printed our boarding passes headed to the airport on the shuttle and had a last minute coffee before parting to opposite ends of the airport to fly out. This time no handshake but a hug and a smile.

Moral of the story damn I have some great friends and they are all standing by my side. I'm not naive to think that this will always be the reception and that's ok. The hardest conversation done smooth sailing forward regardless of the outcome as my close friends remain intact.

The rest of my working team will be told in June on my next trip. That will pave the way to final outing officially at work bringing closure to this side of my transition.

Coming clean so to speak is a big part of the process. Believe in your friends because if they truly are your friends they will be there for you.

Cheers... Jennifer (grinning ear to ear) at the airport waiting for my connecting flight home. I'll truly sleep well tonight.

If all goes well girls day on Sunday with another dear friend.

Cheers again...
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

okay, now I have tears....of joy for you!! That is so wonderful. You are fortunate to have such a good friend. They truly are worth their weight in gold. So, well done. I know it was hard to dive into that conversation not being too sure of the outcome. Check another one off the list. I think this will make June much easier for you.

Ciao bella.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Jennifer
    So happy that it turned out so well! I am crossing those bridges also. Your friend is a keeper.
    Suzanne

I'm glad that went so well. It gets easier each time. You'll probably find they do all go well. Let's hope anyway.

That is fantastic, glad all went well and happy journey ahead!!!
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

What a great story, now I have tears of joy for you. Hoping everything goes so well!

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

This is a very lovely story. Don't let friends as good as him go. (:

Gold Member
    I agree with Paula (I could copy and paste that into all my posts). I am thrilled that you have this great experience. I too think it will get a little easier if for nothing else, once you are getting emotional, it is easier to remember thoughts that have been repeated. Isn't it cleansing to be real!

The Mad Scientist
    Happy for you. This is awesome. I live through others since I can't ever be out.
    Kris

Truly a wonderful story and so very happy for you. Hope it continues.
    Hugs

You have found out that your best friend is a real friend indeed, I imagine that you are walking on a little cloud now!!

Hugs, Bria

Sweet, sweet story, Jennifer. This is such a delight to read. I've had a couple of similar experiences in the past few weeks. And with every coming out event we go through, we have an ever-growing list of people with whom we can be our natural selves, and that is such beautiful freedom. The walls that were built and maintained throughout all of our lives are now able to be dismantled brick by brick. I love it. Congratulations, sweetie!

Karen

I'm Done ... quite a week

As I ready for bed on this Sunday evening I'm bringing closure to a very big stage in my life.

This weekend I closed that loop entirely with coming out to my Son and having a solid open conversation with my ex wife.

I had the discussion with my Son over average Saturday morning breakfast. I told him that I've waited a long time to have this conversation as I wanted him to be old enough and mature enough. His response in typical male fashion was pretty much the good ole hmmm ok whatever followed by the obligatory grunt that closes most 17year boys conversations. He's been quite quiet this weekend overall but was happy to go mountain biking with me earlier today and clean up the house and get rid of boxes for recycling tomorrow. So I can only say at this point all is OK. Likely it will take awhile to settle but I'd expect the news is probably addressing questions he might have had as my looks and presentation get softer. From here I'll just take it slow.

The conversation with my ex went well this evening as expected as this had been the primary reason for our split some 10 years ago and she's known that this time would eventually come. So our chat was more a catch-me-up discussion than anything and a talk about how to best support our son over the next few weeks. We've stayed very close as a family despite our divorce and she lives very very close in order for us to support each other. Her only request..."don't go all glamazon on us"... no chance of that happening but she has seen my latest picture. It was a quite comforting for both of us to finally talk about this after so long. I think it will bring closure to her as well to know that I'm finally becoming me.

So; with close friends covered, and now family covered this chapter in my transition is complete. Lots more steps to go and they will be tackled all in due course but for now its time to take a deep breath of relief and go with the flow for a bit... lord knows its been quite a ride these past few months as I sit down and reflect on it.

This road we are on is not an easy one and often hard to understand for many "on the outside"; however, having the support of your family and friends makes the journey a bit easier. So tonight I'll say an extra special prayer and give thanks for all of them and all of you.

Cheers... Jennifer
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-27-2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Removed refernece to previous thread, as both were merged
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Such a rough age for boys to digest and accept all this. Mine is 15, he's not liking it. Overall, I'm glad to see he's OK with things so far.
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Gold Member
    That is a good start Jennifer! Give yourself a break now and smile. That all is emotionally draining, but you did it and you are ready for the next step. All smiles here for you!

Thank you to you all. I'm beginning the week fresh and still a glow from everything that has transpired over the past week in particular.

So today is just but another day... Oh goody taxes to be addressed. That itself has its own associated drama. ��

Onward and upward.

Cheers... Jennifer

This is TRULY the best news I've heard all week. This answers the P.M. I sent you earlier. Keep the conversation going with your son. He sounds level headed, and just needs time to digest.
    I'm really glad for you

Happy Days! Glad to her your son is working through this. Also really Happy about ML. But come on, really??/ Ya have to glam it up once in a while !!

Seriously, so happy that everything went so well with both family friends/co-workers as I know you were concerned. Enjoy the week, despite taxes (ugh).

Chat soon.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Jennifer that's great news everything went well!!!

Megan
    I'm outta here...