Thread: I feel like I'm playing with fire

I feel like I'm playing with fire

Hi gang,

I like to go out as much as I can and whenever there is a special, charity event I try to dress up in costume of some kind. I have a witch costume, ice queen, peacock, stars and stripes costume etc.... I'm working on a Neptune Costume right now. Anyway I have been out at many events over the past 3 years and I get my picture taken a lot with all sorts of people which I think is fine but I stay away from anybody thats from the press. Yesterday my friend who designs costumes told me about a fashion event coming up in a month and she is part of the main photo shoot plus has a table out on the floor promoting her business. She told me that she will make an outfit for me if I wear it out on the runway!!!! As much as I would like to do this I know that the big cameras will be there and eventually someone is going to peg me like an oversized dart board. You never know if it will happen or not.... but I sure want to do it! LOL
    Playing with fire, life is short, I think I am going to do it! LOL

Cheers gang, stay proud!

Launa

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Go for it and have fun.

Thanks Tracii, I struggle with these things at times when paranoia sinks into my head and says, "Oh no what have you done. Your now finished." But then I say to myself hogwash, so what? So what? If something happens then it happens and I'll deal accordingly! I keep thinking that I need to do it and keep holding my head high!

Cheers Girl!

Launa, you should do ii. Life is to short to even consider saying no to such event.
    I know you will have a lot of fun. Let us know how it went, and please please..... share some pic when the show is over :-)

Hugs
    Henriette
    Love and hugs
    Henriette

Please visit my website to read more about me at http://henriette5.wix.com/mystory
    Or visit my Flickr pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/127846920@N04/ OR my Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/henriette.kristensen.357

you gotta do it. opportunities like this don't come around often, and the fire never goes out.
    hugs,
    Trish

Sounds like you are were I'm at with this. Just go for it , if anything comes of it just deal with it. I am now meeting people that only know me
    .as jean .

As long as I would have fun doing it, I'd certainly go for it Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If your in a tailored dress/outfit and have some professional make up done you should be fine. Expert artists/designers can do wonders, I say go for it!

Reality Check
    Sure that sounds like fun but only you know what risks you will be taking as far as being outed and what that would do to your family and career.

I like to think that with my (different colored) wig and bangs plus makeup and feminine glasses, I wouldn't be recognized but you never know. Coming out of my house, people could put two and two together, but on a downtown city street, they probably wouldn't.

If you can wear sunglasses or a mask, I think you would be pretty safe.

I say go for it and have fun
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Launa, if it worries you, wear some kind of mask- even a minimal mask will disguise you totally. Just beware of the behind-the-scenes cameras.

Good luck- hope you do it!
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    She who plays with fire will get burnt sooner or later.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Have a ball and don't worry about what my daughter says:

"Eventually everying finds it's way to the web and you'll never know who will see it or when!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Have no fear of doing things. I was once on a stage that the girls pulled me up in the strip stage at a strip club as a male because it was my birthday. I was able to interact and prance around with them for a few minutes. LOL wow that was crazy, so never pass up the opportunity.
    Part Time Girl

Life is too short to pass up fun opportunities. I say go for it and have a blast!

Platinum Member
    Enjoy the opportunity and roll with whatever punches eventually come your way!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    im jealous,this was something i once wantwd to do. i say go for it

You sound like you want to do it! and you are right life is too short for regrets. Just think to yourself........will I regret not going for it? if the answers...... yes, then do it!!

Launa,
    It may never happen, I was lucky enough to walk the catwalk on a few occasions and little interest was shown.
    If you are a big name you may appear in the fashion pages on Thursday on page 133.
    Go for it I say but yes, be cautious.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Go for it and have fun!!

Hugs, Bria

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    If it were me, I'd be there. Your decision of course, but it sounds like you're chomping at the bit anyway .

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk