Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How slowly will the wheels turn

Untitled

How slowly will the wheels turn

The final chapter in my transition and acceptance in a legal sense is now in the hands of the authorities After a few months procrastinating, I have made the application for a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC). That little piece of paper that will allow me a new birth certificate stating I am female. As some of you may know, in the UK this is the only "official" document that states your gender. Ain't it funny that at this moment in time, despite having all the female bits, I could still be sent to a male prison because of a piece of paper.

Sandra had to make a declaration that she wished to stay in our marriage, if I receive a GRC, this only became possible in Dec 2014 when the same sex marriage act caught up with the trans community, despite same sex marriage being legal at least 8 months before hand.

Of course, she has said all along that is what she wanted, Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, the letter she got confirming receipt of her declaration said, "please let us know if you change your mind, before Nigella's application goes before the Gender Recognition Panel..."

... annnnnnnnd now I have to be nice to Sandra or at least until I know for sure that I have got my GRC
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Banned Read only
    Crack that whip while you can Sandra!

I hope everything works out for you two.

Oh don't worry Jorja I intend to ...and thank you
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

You two are such great role models.

Gold Member
    It is funny how some things have precedent in the process over others making some strange situations. The end is near. :

The Mad Scientist
    This is fantastic. You have such a fun and loving relationship.

I am blessed by my wife who is not only very accepting, but also is my person so I can appreciate what you have.
    Kris

Just don't end up in the docket before you have it!😇

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Untitled
    Well I know the earliest date for a decision, 20th May. I got a letter from the GRP acknowledging receipt of my application, but also enclosed was a statutory declaration which should have remained with the panel.

It seems I did not check my list twice and did not cross out a choice of words, this means I have to make another declaration, in front of the same solicitor, and return it to the GRP before 20th May so my application can go before the panel at the earliest opportunity after that date.

Just a little delay after so many long years
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Seems your bloke wasn't very good at soliciting if he missed that
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Untitled
    Wasn't up to him Rianna, twas my fault , all he had to do was witness my signature after hearing my oath

cisgender gal
    It seems I did not check my list twice and did not cross out a choice of words,
    Red tape...ugh!!

Congrats, lady!

Untitled
    I was fortunate that I was not charged by the solicitor for the 2nd time, even though it was my error not his

2nd declaration was posted yesterday, so now we wait
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Sandra I see a short vacation from all normal household duties for you until after this process is completed and a whole lot do yes dear from Nigella.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Congrats to both of you....You're almost there!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    ...Sandra had to make a declaration that she wished to stay in our marriage, if I receive a GRC, this only became possible in Dec 2014 when the same sex marriage act caught up with the trans community, despite same sex marriage being legal at least 8 months before hand.

Of course, she has said all along that is what she wanted, Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, the letter she got confirming receipt of her declaration said, "please let us know if you change your mind, before Nigella's application goes before the Gender Recognition Panel..."
    Of course you are in the great situation and I trust it won't change, but I am curious about what happens if a spouse makes no declaration that she wants to continue the marriage or one saying that she does not wish to continue.

Is the GRC summarily denied, the marriage summarily dissolved, or does something else occur?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Untitled
    If the spouse does not want to stay in the marriage, you are issued an Interim Gender Recognition Certificate which is valid for 6 months. The person going for the GRC can use this to obtain a divorce. The marriage is then dissolved or annulled, and the TS can then get a full GRC.

Untitled

With apologies to Bruce !!!

Born on the 4th 6th July

Finally got a date for my hearing, bit late for independence day, but with any hope it will be MY independence day

There is no requirement for me to be present and the Tribunal should let me know the results within 10 working days

awesome!!
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Gold Member
    Congrats Nigella! Is this the end of a long road?

Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Untitled
    Sue

For me the journey finished when the surgeon put in the final stitch. This will just be the "legal" end of the road.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    That's pretty spectacular! Also quite inspiring, as I am hoping to stay with my wife for the long haul, too... Hugs and best wishes to you both.
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Untitled
    Watch out for the remake of Legally Blonde,

For your delectation, the new film, starring your very own Nigella, Legally Female

Bring your own popcorn, even if it's only to throw at the star

Silver Member
    Well, congratulations!!!!!
    Lea