Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The price of my disability (being transgender/transsexual)

Mandy, whenever you feel ready to get together, call me . We're here for each other. You know the drill. Can't wait to see you. Always, mel

Thank you for the kind offers of support and advice. You're all accurate in your helpfulness. I've been focusing on just surviving each day aside for transitioning. I'm focused solely on doing a good job at my employment and really nothing else. I don't know whether I mentioned it or not, but recent events have triggered bipolar 1 disorder which gives me something else to deal with. There is an explanation of this on the NAMI website (http://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Menta...polar-Disorder

I'm hoping this is the bottom and things get better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amanda it's good to hear that you're making it through one day at a time. I'm looking forward to a future post when you tell us all that you're stable and doing much better but above all that you've found your happy place. You're in such a tough spot and my heart goes out to you. The time will come, I promise. I've been divorced, re-married and now find myself with a husband who is thinking of transitioning. It's not quite the same circumstances as yours I know. But I wanted to be the voice for the GG's who love you unconditionally. I love my husband, I love the person he is deep in his soul, and even if the outside changes I'll still love that soul. I'm not into girls or other guys, just him. But it took me a couple of tries to find the soul mate I was searching for. Not that everything is 100% perfect, no relationship is, but we are both happy and devoted to each other. So given the right time and circumstances I'm sure you'll find love again too.

Quote Originally Posted by cdncdwife View Post
    But I wanted to be the voice for the GG's who love you unconditionally. I love my husband, I love the person he is deep in his soul, and even if the outside changes I'll still love that soul.
    cdncdwife, your response has been so helpful to me. Your stance on the unconditionality of your love for your husband is for what I and I'm sure most people yearn. In my situation, I'm an even happier "me" when presenting as a female, so the rejection of divorce makes me feel that it's a rejection of the true "me." In other words, the outside is more valued than the inside. Unfortunately, this has been the case in my previous relationships, in which I was valued for my physical appearance and for my ability to make money. Those are very hollow reasons to value a person.

It is the devotion that doesn't break over the bumps of life that I yearn for. I do deserve it. I'm a really good person and have always treated people well, have integrity and honesty, and care for others.

I'm printing out your post and placing it on my computer monitor to give me hope. Thank you from the bottom of my heart <3

Quote Originally Posted by Tina955 View Post
    Amanda, we don't know each other, but my heart is aching for you right now. I am just going to put it out there, you said "you have no place to go, no where that is saying come here, things will be ok". Well I live in Florida by myself in a 3 bedroom house, and if you feel that getting away from your town for a while may help, you are very welcomed to come down here to my place just to get away for a While.
    Tina, You are the type of person I would love to associate with. Your compassion and generosity are honestly at a level I've never experienced. I have read your post several times and it brings tears to my eyes each time. I'm not suicidal now, but working on losing the hopelessness, but I want you to know that I can't thank you enough for your offer. It is the most generous thing I think anyone's ever said to me.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 05-23-2015 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Multiposting is making a post directly one after another, when you should have edited the additional comments into your first post

I know from personal experience that there are women out there who believe transness is just a minor idiosyncrasy and not a big deal at all, but it helps if they are brought up in a different society where other things are more important. One was my SO of 43 years who died 4 years ago. We had a touch and go relationship for the first 5 years; after that baptism of fire we both decided we couldn't live happily without the other and never looked back. The latest was for a period of 2 months, but I wanted to lay everything in front of her from the beginning, including anything that might be considered a negative as I had decided to start acquainting the world with my reality and had taken steps to do so shortly before meeting her; it was not a barrier at all and in fact she said it made me more attractive to her (sometimes there is just no accounting for tastes), both personally and sexually (a surprise to me).
    Although she later decided to leave, her influence broke me out of 4 years of depression, I have lost considerable weight and continue to do so, have started a cardio exercise program and am feeling positive for the first time in years.
    I know you are going through a rough time now, but I can tell you things do get better (although it will take time) and you will want to be around when they do. As badly as I've felt at times in my life (and that has been as bad as it gets) I always looked at suicide like this:
    1. Things will either get better or get worse.
    2. They can't get much worse, so the only logical conclusion is that they will get better and I want to be around to see that.

So far, this seems to have worked out OK, although it isn't always apparent how soon better will happen.
    Last edited by donnalee; 05-24-2015 at 11:57 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Mandy, Hon. Look at all the positive posts to your situation. As an old guy that's been through too many D's (divorces) and S's (situations), I can just tell you to get the F away from the X. Move out west and start a new life. My kid thinks I'm the bomb out in LV! And the X just stews in her juices. Girl! Start the new life that you planned for yourself before you met IT! You didn't know this parasite before so, it's not worth shit now. Let her have fun with her narrow minded bullshit friends and connectamaggotteffs.

It's your life now, Honey. Step up and enjoy it. You ain't got much time left!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!