Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Past Lives Influencing You, if At All?

Past lives, future lives, after lives, probably all just wishful thinking. I'll stick with my own theory of thought energy waves affecting impulse receptors in our brains as to why we feel/hear/see things that someone else did in the past. It goes like this: each thought generates a certain amount of energy, a wave, which you can measure with an eeg machine. The amount of energy exists at a certain frequency, and like radio waves, continue on past the receptors infinitely; however they are affected to some extent by oh, perhaps gravity and other engergy fields on the planet. So You have all these 'waves' flowing through us all the time; you just don't have receptors that can receive all of them, much the same way that a table top radio doesn't have the right tuners for every radio frequency signal reception. However, once in a great while, a person's receptors WILL momentarily match up exactly with the frequencies generated by a person who lived in the past, at which point they will experience whatever it was in that thought, in effect a momentary sight, sound or feeling exactly the same as someone who may have existed centuries (more, or less) ago. Much as we didn't have eeg machines two hundred years ago so that we didn't even know or could measure THOSE energy waves, at this point in time we are unable to measure the minute amount of energy going through the air around us which is generated with each thought. Doesn't mean that it isn't there; we just don't have the technology that can do it yet. This would also explain many of the sightings or hearing of what we believe to be ghosts.
    Just one of my many wacky theories.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-28-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Like time - you can't see it, touch it, feel it, taste it, therefore......... not only does it not exist, but also it doesn't exist at different rates depending on gravitational wave density, which also don't exist (until an apple hits you on the head).
    It's convenient for me to believe in time, gravity and previous lives, it brings understanding of how I know stuff, when I shouldn't know stuff.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

In Native American culture which has hundreds of unique nations, there are some world views that are fairly universal among us. Prior to outside influence we didn't refer to god (creator/great spirit) as he, we saw it as being either both male and female or niether. I see it as a mix of both male and female. We also believe in reincarnation and believe every spirit to be a mix of both male and female energy. When a spirit comes into a body at conception, often times the person will have a dominant energy. A straight non transgendered person will usually have a dominant energy that aligns with thier sex "male body/male dominant energy". Gender is definately viewed as a spectrum in our culture.
    A transsexual is the opposite end of the spectrum. Thier dominant spiritual energy is completely the opposite of thier sex "male body/female dominant energy". Us transgendered, gay, lesbian, and bisexual folks fit at varying degrees within this spectrum and even straight non transgendered people can vary abit but closer to thier respective ends of the spectrum. When someone passes on thier spirit becomes more fluid again and they can go from a past life in a male body to a new life in a female body and thier placement on the spectrum can be completely different from thier past life. Also, reincarnation includes plants, animals etc. I hope this gives some insight. We are respectful of all cultures and i am open to any question or comments. Thanks! Jasmine

I recall one of my favorite cartoons which may be relevent to this discusion. (I think it was either in Playboy or the New Yorker)

These 2 catpillers are crawling along when they notice a butterfly fly over head. One catapiller turns to the other one and says: "You'll never get me up in one of those things."

For what it's worth, I have done some past life regression therapy with a licensed therapist. The results were very interesting.
    On more than none occasion, I had vivid memories of being both a small girl and a young woman. Based on the clothing, we placed these events in the late 1800's early 1900's.
    Obviously I wasn't around then in this life.
    The memories were very strong and accompanied by very intense feelings of love, happiness, acceptance and safety; feelings I have not commonly had in this life.
    Whether you believe in past lives or not, there is something in my subconscious that equates being female with those strong positive emotions
    and it makes sense to me that Crossdressing could be a manifestation of my subconscious effort to attain/regain those feelings.
    Other factors, most likely, but based on my experience, I cannot discount past lives as having and influence.

Just my two cents...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

If your wife swallows the theory put by the program "accept it".

It's all probably bunkum anyway, so live with the lie whilst you can.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sometimes it does feel like I was a girly girl in another life, dressing girly just feels right! More than likely it's just that that's just how I was born in this life

It could be either or, or it could be both. Either way you're exactly who you're supposed to be this time around, at least thats what I think.