Thread: Karaoke night?

Karaoke night?

So Thursday after work I’m sitting at home, decide to go out and see why this bar DJs I have been to a couple times was closed Tuesday at midnight. By the time I’m together and do a few things its 10 and I’m out the door. Thirty minutes later I pull up and the bar is busy. I find a seat all the way at the far end. If I had bothered to read one of the beer posters on the wall I might have known its Karaoke Thursday and bottled beers are 2 dollars each. YEA I asked the bartender about Tuesday and she said they must have been slow and closed early. She reconciled me from the other day, she wasn’t working but was there with her boyfriend. I ask how late they were staying open tonight, she said till 2am if everyone was drinking and we did. We talked a bit and she said that I must come back next Thursday. I stopped yesterday at my EXs for our weekly visit, and picked up my Karaoke machine, a mic with 300 built in songs. I’m no TinaZ, I can’t sing but I plan to learn one and give it a try, or just shoot pool. No there will be no video. It’s not Vegas but this is becoming one of my favorite places. A side note my boyfriend that’s been MIA for about two weeks contacted me today and wants to get together. Not that I care, I can and do entertain myself but I it is nice to have the attention.
    Just living life
    Love Jean

Jean - I love the idea of karaoke but it's limited to my kitchen and cooking time for me.

There was a time a few years back when I was on business with a group of Japanese business colleagues in Taipei (long story...) and you know how much the Japanese love karaoke - but of course their interpretation of English language songs is always... well - a little different... I was so tempted to jump up and have a go but my shyness prevented me. I wonder if - given that my alter ego is my somewhat more gregarious side - I would be more inclined were I to be en femme and amongst an accepting crowd...

You're lucky to have somewhere close by that does this... enjoy it!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jean,

Sounds like a great time . . . knock em dead! What song are you planning?

Hugs

Isha

Sounds like you have some fun planned, Jean. I'm sure you'll rock the house.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Don't worry about your karaoke abilities, Jean. No one will care. Just go and have fun!

I was at karaoke nite at Mary's in Long Beach not long ago because they had a special costume event that nite. Some of the regular T girl singers belted out one song after the other. They had such confident stage presense. And, all got cheers even if they needed a dump truck to carry a tune! Since I'm a musician and pretty pitch sensitive, I simply stuffed in some ear plugs and enjoyed the entertainment the same as everyone else!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If every body sang as angels karaokes would be boring.
    And if you sing as badly as I do, maybe you'll get free treats (drinks or snacks). Those treats were to keep me far away from the mic