Thread: That funny vibe

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

That funny vibe

Have any of y'all ever gotten that funny vibe from a friend or neighbor? You know, like they suddenly view you differently. I have one neighbor that I know saw me dead-to-right dressed early one morning while I was getting the paper. I was talking to him later that day and nothing was said although he seemed to have more of smiley expression. I don't believe it would be an issue as we always get along pretty good. If asked, I would just say, "Sure thing! You saw me dressed as a woman. Gotta' problem with that?" But, I noticed that another neighbor's wife sorta' had a funny vibe the last few times we've encountered and her husband goes out of his way to avoid conversation. I mean really avoids all contact to the point of being rude. I really don't care about being outed. Too old for that nonsense. I was just wondering if anyone else here has experienced that funny vibe.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I know the feeling but every time I've had it it was just a reflection of my inner insecurities.

My neighbours are cool with me which ever way I dress (they are from Hong Kong), Kiwi neighbour is a psychic and just treats me the same, I'm unsure if English neighbours have seen me go to my car, their gay son has and doesn't seem like an issue.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I think my neighbour saw me picking up the paper one morning. I had a long caftan style robe over my nightdress but the nightdress did show at the slits at side and front. She was not there when I picked up the paper from the front lawn, but as I came through the gate I looked back over my shoulder and she was looking at me.

No change in relationship however as she is still very friendly.

Yeah Carla I can feel and see that vibe. Like there is something that they want to say to you but they just can't get it out.
    Meantime I'm bracing myself and readying a response...but the questions never come.

Recently my neighbor (in Vegas) watched as my BFF opened the car door for me and we left for our dinner date.
    I was wearing an LBD, long hair flowing and strutting some nice heels. With nary a care in the world. Geez I felt sooo nice!

I see them often, me en drabbe working on the yard. They appear somewhat confused.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Yes. I once answered the door at my away home and it was the mail carrier. He looked at me and smiled strangely. An hour after he left I realized why. I was wearing a pair of pink framed, leopard print reading glasses. He was delivering several packages from Woman Within. Since this is a condo complex the carriers rotate and I get "the look" from nearly every one of them.

My wife thinks it's funny and she likes messing with their heads. And mine. She was in the condo to receive the mail one day while I was working. She took the package and remarked, "Oh, this must be my husband's new dress. Thank you!"

I as seen driving my car by a neighbour who asked me outright why I was dressed and sporting long hair.

I told her my hair was short and I would not be seen dead in an outfit like that, I preferred low cut blouses.

After a pregnant pause she said, I know what I saw.

My reply, "Yes, that was definitely my sister".

She still looks at me quizzically.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.