Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Being the Bride

It would be a dream come true to wear a wedding gown. However I only want to wear one if I could renew my vows with my wife.

She actually asked me about it one day. What a way to express that she accepts both sides of me than a wedding. She did ask me what I thought she should wear. I told her whatever she felt most comfortable in but suggested a .nice dress or dress pants with a nice blouse.

I would want the complete experience of planning the wedding, picking out the dress, the first dance etc.

I have worn a formal for a New Year’s Eve at home. Wife and I both got dressed to the nines and welcomed the New Year.
    I liked the feeling of how the gown felt compared to everyday dresses and skirts but I would only like to wear them when a special occasion arises.

I have about a dozen long formal dresses, and I've worn them at CD events, particularly at the gala ball at Keystone. For a good example, see this link. I am the lady in red. If you read the comments, you'll see that I acquired quite an admirer.

I've gotten my formal dresses from thrift shops or eBay. Once I took one of my evening gowns to a tailor to get it altered. Once the tailor realized that I was into evening gowns, she brought out half a dozen gowns that she had in the shop. I tried them all on, and bought three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Amanda, Having my own wedding gown is one of the things still on my bucket list.
    I have 4 wedding gowns that I bought off of eBay. If you have unlimited funds, it's easy to find a wedding gown on eBay. You can even get one made to your specific measurements from China. Since I don't have unlimited funds, I had to wait patiently until a gown i liked at a price I was wiling to pay came up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2bejoanne;3737934
    i've had two bridal makeovers at true colors makeup artistry, wearing a wedding gown had been a fantasy of mine for a long time, glad I finally was able to have it fulfilled, would love to dress in a ball gown or other formal gowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    I was also able to have a bridal makeover at True Colors. Simply wonderful, one of those knee-bending experiences! Going back again in October and am considering that wedding gown again!
    I also had a makeover and photo shoot with Amanda. At that time, I didn't have any bridal gowns of my own, so I wore one of hers for the photo shoot. I also wore a green Indian bridal gown for my second outfit. For my last two outfits, I wore my own evening gowns.

After reading all the comments, I remembered the first time I wore an evening gown. My mom had two evening gowns put away in the basement, and I tried both of them on. The one I really liked was blue and heavily beaded. I never zipped the zipper all the way up, because I was afraid that I'd get myself stuck in it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

wedding dresses

I recently had the opportunity to have an experience that all gurls would love, to try on wedding dresses in a store. I contacted the store and was just honest about what i wanted to do, I wanted to try on dresses, get some pictures and wasn't in a position that i could buy one. The owner was beyond magnificent and we set up a time. She went above and beyond and i think had more fun than i did! She kept picking out dress after dress trying to find one that fit me and then would accessorize me with belts and even wanted to do hairpieces! What an amazing experience. Ladies sometimes all we have to do is ask and it is amazing what can happen!

What an experience. Was anyone else in the store. I would love to do that.

Gold Member
    I always wanted to do the same thing. Many years ago, my wife an I went into a Wedding store
    for me to get a new Tie/vest for my tux.
    I asked if I could try on a dress....Shure, let me measure you up.
    My wife almost died of laughter, but was all for it.
    After the lady measured me up, she said sadly that she had no dresses even close to my size.
    She said I needed a size 30-32....The largest she had was a 24 in stock.
    For a $ 500.00 deposit, she would get some shipped in.
    My wife said to me, look you can buy a lot of dresses for 500.
    With that we walked out.... and walked out of my dream.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    Like I say before, a wedding dress its one of my favorite fantasies!!! I think all the ladies must wear one at least once in life! Im realyy hapoy for you that you can complete that girly dream! Congrats girl!!!

Lucky person. I suppose I'd be drawn more to the thought of wearing a traditional wedding dress If I wasn't accounting for the fact I hate white coloured clothes.

I love wedding dresses and have a few myself.
    they are great fun to wear. I find them easy to buy off the internet.
    Life is too short; wear a sexy bra every day!

Aspiring Member
    One of my favorite dreams is wearing a wedding dress with all of the wedding lingerie under it.

I have absolutely no desire to wear a wedding dress however, i just ordered 6 prom dresses that im extremely excited to receive. Aside from lingerie this kind of beautiful formal wear with patent pump high heels is how i like to dress. I cant understand why girls dont wear this stuff more often. I get the comfort and convenience in everyday life factors, this stuff isnt neccesarily practical, but if i were a woman i couldnt limit myself to occations i would wear these kinds of dresses a little more regularly.

I have 2 wedding dresses and love wearing them even if only occasionally.

Gladys you should go for it!!! just reach out to them and you might be surprised. At first it was just two employees and they scheduled a time when they usually aren't busy. Towards the end a lady came in that apparantly was having issues with her dress she ordered and she got the biggest smile on her face when she saw me. it was heaven, pure heaven!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    You look very nice!
    I'm not a fan of wearing a bridal gown, but I would love to have a dark blue ball-gown.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I understand many CD's fantasy of wearing a wedding dress and getting pictures. However I'd feel overwhelmed by wedding symbolism, and would prefer going out as a CD-bridesmaid at a real wedding instead of a visit to wedding dress store and closeted photoshoot.

Wearing the dress was my fantasy...and Katt's Closet made it a reality!

KattsCloset1.jpg
    wedding.jpg