Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Being the Bride

Reality Check
    I've never had the desire to wear a wedding or prom dress either. It's everyday (women's) clothes for me. Sometimes I'll get a little more dressed up as if I'm going to dinner or a club, more often, it's an ordinary skirt or even jeans and a blouse and flats.

Banned Read only
    I'm with Krisi as to wearing a wedding gown. A wedding gown seems just a little over the top for me as a cross dresser. My daughter was married two years ago. There is just something about the entire ceremony that me wearing a wedding gown seems sacrilegious. However, I would not mind wearing a prom dress or bridesmaid dress. Our local Goodwill stores will start hauling out donated prom dresses soon. I longingly look at the racks of dresses. I do have two floor length evening gown I bought through JC Penny's several years ago. They are the same design: pink and periwinkle.

PS: There's a local bridal store that went out of business for non payment of the rent. Either the landlord or the owner of the business recently liquidated all bridal gowns for $99.00 each. That's where my daughter bought her wedding gown. The woman who owned the business and her staff were really excellent. Sad to see them go.

Always wanted to be a bridesmaid ,and I'd love to own an evening gown. Bridal dress,not so much.

I have to say im very blessed in a way that my wife understands part of my fem side. That being said she still doesn't understand the obsession I have with Formals.......I tend to buy at least 1 or 2 a year. Long ones short ones. I just love the look and feel. Now the best part is I look through the craigslist for most of them and get them at a decent price some at $30 some even less and sometimes a little more. I even have 2 wedding dresses. Over the next few weeks and months the dresses start popping out for sale and you can get good prices. One day in the near future I hope to be able to do a all day photo shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I've never had the desire to wear a wedding or prom dress either. It's everyday (women's) clothes for me. Sometimes I'll get a little more dressed up as if I'm going to dinner or a club, more often, it's an ordinary skirt or even jeans and a blouse and flats.
    Yup, works for this girl too. Maybe 15 years ago I bought an evening gown -- the only one I have -- and I not had the chance (or the urge) to wear it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Arranging mock weddings years ago, I would find myself as the bride on many occasions.
    More often a bridesmaid and always wearing nice gowns.
    I still get asked by some of the boutiques that I frequented if I want to try something on.
    I do on occasions for old times sake and the proprietors hope that I may buy again.
    I do refer others to them on occasions.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Wow! I've never considered wearing a wedding dress, but I have always thought they were sexy.
    Last edited by Married CD; 05-18-2015 at 09:41 PM.

I had the pleasure of wearing a Civil War Era (US) Ball gown in 2013. That year West Virginia celebrated its 150th birthday as a State. We danced Dances of the era and had a great time. Ths was with the petticoats and hoops . Think "Gone With the Wind Garden Party" . It was beautiful a friend helped make the gown it was green and yellow. we spent 6 months learning the old dances which was s blast.

Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

Had 2 occasions to wear a bridal gown

I thought I'd share my experiences wearing bridal gowns. They were the most wonderful experiences I've ever had as a woman in my life and I would encourage you all to try. Here are the first installments. Hope you enjoy them.
    Love
    Abby
    Attached Images Attached Images

Abby you make a great looking bride ! I like picture #1 best. Nice shoes,and great legs to go with them.

Aspiring Member
    I have two bridal gowns, both bought when bridal shops went out of business. I have the gorgeous gowns, crinoline, and veils.

I tried them on in the shops before buying them. That in itself was interesting. While trying on the first one, a child remarked about how pretty I looked as a bride. Her mother scowled. When fitting the second one, the shop owner, a older man, helped me get into the gown. I had the second one altered by a seamstress without any trouble...Replaced the zipper with a criss cross weave closure.

You look amazing Abby.

Thank you for those lovely comments, girls

When I was a young teen my mother did sewing and alterations out of our home. For garments close to my size I would be used as the dress dummy. On one occasion I got to wear a slinky , long formal with long chiffon sleeves. It was the most incredible feeling I ever had in women's clothes.

Unfortunately my mother noticed I was starting to like being the dress form a little too much and I got replaced with one she found at a resale shop

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    2 bridal shoots for me, CD. But, both r rather old and I have a bridal gown I haven't worn yet. Hmmm, June is coming up------

86980.jpg

IMG_1173 (3) (459x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have gone to David's Bridal a few time and tried on gowns without any issues. It was a great feeling. I also went to another bridal shop and tried on a bunch of gowns to include prom dresses. The stores were great to me, and they didn't have any issues with me trying on the dresses. Recently I went with a friend as she was trying on dresses and she was going to have me try on bridesmaids dresses but we ran out of time. Will have to do that at some other time.

Would love nothing more than to renew my vows with my wife with both of us in beautiful white wedding gowns. It's on my bucket list.

Silver Member
    I've been lucky enough to wear several wedding dresses. Once was the bride at a Halloween party. Other times I had access to dresses for tryons. I too find it interesting that girls don't try on their wedding dresses once they are married. Before marriage the dress is about how it and they look. It seems that the event is the focus after they marry.

Growing up there was no problem for formals as my sisters went to several balls every year. We were the same size so they knew I would try them on.

I'm with Annie about pencil skirts but different periods. Back in the 60s I loved to wear pencil skirts, actually loved wearing skirts period. Had several and back then they were longer and I think tighter than today. Then you wore slips and nylons. If you wore garters they were easy to see and feel. Long leg panty girdles were the rage too. They kept everything smooth. I had a white angora sweater that I wore out often. I liked it because it slid on my slip if someone would put their hand on your waist or back. Mostly wore them in cooler weather though.

Take the Ticket. Be the Bride

I currently own 5 wedding gowns as well as 12 bridesmaid gowns. I purchased each and every one of them from a local bridal salon. The first time was my most never wracking but once I got there and meet the girls at the salon it was pure enjoyment. They were all so helpful and professional in my search for my gown. They made it an amazing experience and so I always went back to the same one. Now we're all on a first name basis with one another and have really fun times when I visit. Wonderful memories of each and every visit.

This is an interesting thread. I have always wanted to wear a wedding dress and get married, but unlike many on this thread, it is always to a guy. I was staying a some friends place a while back alone and she had an exquisite dress. Out of respect I never wore it, but gazed upon it for a long time. Oh maybe, one day I will be the bride.

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdtraveler View Post
    (...) Just for fun would be interested in hearing any stories you may have of wearing a sisters prom dress, maybe a wedding qown? Pics welcome as well.
    (...)

How. About you? Is this something you find you like?

Amanda
    Hi Amanda

We have no proms here in France. This means that we usually have no prom dressing opportunities.

I dream on a bride gown, but I never dared to purchase one.

I have two gowns; both are black. The first was used in my last Halloween party where I was disguised as a sexy vampire. The other is a long one.

My problem with gowns is to cover my not so feminine shoulders...
    Reading the Gradus ad Parnassum from Johann Fux

The only gown I've ever worn was my sisters communion dress, she's 5 years older than me and made me wear it when I was around 6 or 7 as far as I can recall. I hated the experience as it was more of an older sibling forcing me to do something I didn't want to and I hadn't had any CDing thoughts that I can recall. For those unfamiliar a communion dress is like a wedding dress for girls minus cleavage or anything inappropriate like that, it has a veil and a little bag etc.

I've always wanted a prom dress but I only dress suitably for my body now such as high neck tops with no cleavage since it means I don't have to shave the little bit of hair I have on my chest, I love strappy tops and dresses but I'm quite pale and have farmers tan so my arms stick out a mile if my shoulders are exposed, I also get a little hair growth in my shoulders so it's easier to cover up than to monitor constantly

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

i suggested, partly in jest, when welshgirl and I have our 25th anniversary, perhaps I could wear the dress? :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I had a friend who used to work in a bridal shop

One quiet afternoon, she was bored, so she dared me to try on a wedding gown
    Attached Images Attached Images
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around