Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for CDers and their SO's only, no TSs please.

A definite no for me.

Silver Member
    Reine

Great description of the reality of transition for CDS in the fog. I agree with Katey.

I may wonder or even fantasize about it, but I know the difference of real life. Mostly. So, No.

Of course, now I am interested in why you asked the question, and in such a very specific manner.

Reine,

No.

I often dream of having bigger boobs, but that is it. I am a man who loves to wear heels and sexy underwear. That's all I am.

I like my 'real man' life. I could never pass with any amount of surgery. Why try?

I'll remain a happy crossdresser.

After hours of vacillation, the answer is no.

That would be a No for me also. Just a guy that likes to dress up.

NO

That isn't the road I'm traveling. For me it's all about the clothes.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Nope, having too much fun keeping the crossdressing sessions only on positive aspects of life

Nope, I like being a feminine man who dresses up on occasion. My pleasure is in dressing up and the transformation an illusion process from boy to girl.
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

Traveling back in time, 30 years ago, it is a simple question with a complicated answer:
    If I could understand why I want to dress as a women, want to have a women body, have dreamed about it for a long time AND on the other end why I do not resent at all my life as a man, I might have been able to answer that question.

Today it is a very complicated question with a simpler answer:
    I would not transition but would like to be more "in the middle of the gender spectrum", as Nadine mentioned.
    - Claire

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    I would not do it. I have transient TS feelings. Sometimes they are very strong. But I can't see myself doing it unless I could be passable and/or a "young, beautiful woman
    My only difference from that, would be that I'd be o.k.with just being a young average woman; sure, being beautiful would make it easier to take, but it's not really necessary. Most women can be quite attractive; make up, hair, stay in shape, pick the right clothes, you don't have to be '10' beautiful, I think it's just most women's wanting to be attractive to a particular guy who doesn't find her attractive that makes her want to look different.
    However, the advantages of being female are in the younger years, even if girls don't realize it or take advantage of it. A young, smart, pretty woman can have the world at her feet easier than a guy can.

But as an old person? I don't think it really makes much difference. Given the choice of being a homely old man or a homely old lady; neither is a good option. So there's really no incentive to change.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Very simple answer: NO.

No, not me. I'd like to dress more often 'though. Maybe 75% male time and 25% female.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Very simply-no.

Absolutely no. Very happy being a man.

Firstly, in my case hormones are never going to be in my future no matter what as they would be contraindicated owing to my heart medications.
    Secondly, when I came out to my wife over a decade ago and we discussed all this at length we agreed there would be no hormones or BA.

Would I? All things being equal at this stage of my life, No! Not because of family issues, friends issues or work issues. Simply because there are too many things in my life at this stage that are more important to me, one of them being my marriage and my lovely wife.
    Had I come out when she "discovered" all this some 30 years ago I'm sure that after the same 10 year period I would have had a different answer and may even have by then transitioned. But that did not happen and now is now and then was then.
    I'm happy at this point with the life I have. I can dress when I wish without concern. We go out frequently together and I'm never treated in any way but with love. I have the freedom to express ALL of me without a second thought and that will be enough for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

nope, not my path

Not really something that I would pursue.

Thanks for the thread Reine.

Probably the number one question for the SO’s of someone who cross dresses, especially with Bruce Jenner being so much in the news.
    I suppose like many here I’ve wondered what my life would have been if I was born female.
    I enjoy my dressing but never considered transitioning.
    Even if there were no consequences to my life and I would end up looking like a supermodel I wouldn’t do it.

I'm going to blend in and answer no, too.

Thanks indeed for the kind offer but, no. Hugs, Michelle

I think that if you are familiar with my posts you know my answer. No. I have always liked being a man. I just want the privilege to dress and be accepted as a beautiful man.

Rhanda

Like so many others who have responded so far, I'm firmly in the "No" camp.

While I recognize that everything is on some kind of continuum, isn't that the difference between a crossdresser and a transsexual? I mean... a crossdresser does just that; they dress in the clothing intended for people of the opposite sex. A transsexual is someone who has made the decision to become a member of the opposite sex. They may not be there yet but once they have started on that journey, they have crossed the line; they have taken their fork in the road, so to speak.

I guess I think about it this way... there is a difference between acting and being. M2F crossdressers may well act the part and in many cases, do it very well. They may go the whole nine yards with wigs, make-up, shaving, fake breasts and all but they are still guys. But once they begin to make permanent alterations to their bodies, either physically or chemically, the acting is replaced by being... or being on the road to being.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to explain my reasoning for my answer but those permanent changes are a point I don't want to pass... or even get rather close to.

Lacy PJs

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    The 'loss of sexual function' is the deal breaker for me... Nope.

And I appreciate having the option of putting it all back in the closet when I've had enough.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

No. I already have moobs since puberty (gynecomastia - not attractive at all), sexual functioning is becoming a distant memory and my name is androgynous. Why would I want to make it worse? Someone mentioned DES. I'm a DES baby and although my testosterone levels test at the high side of normal, I suspect that I have some kind of insensitivity to it sort of like insulin insensitivity. Perhaps due to DES exposure in the womb. That would explain a lot if true. But I would never want to be a woman because having the urethra at the end of a hose is the great feature of being male.

I would not. Although cding is not a phase for me, there have been many phases within it. Sometimes the phase is that I'm not into it, which is as legitimate as the other phases where I am. As hard as it sometimes is to go back, I want and need to be able to do that.