Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the point of labels?

Very nice post

The only labels I take notice of are the ones that specify the washing instructions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jon and thanks for sharing. While I can understand the convenience of labels, I have always maintained "labels are for soup cans"

Hugs

Isha

We all use labels for convenience. I think the REAL problem isn't the label but it's how people react to that label. Being a crossdresser simply means that one dresses in the clothing intended for the other gender. Plain & simple. Where the rub comes in is what people "think" about crossdressers... they are weird, they are strange, they are mentally unstable, they are gay, they are... the list goes on and on.

I learned a long time ago that I don't want others to define me. There may be times when I must let them THINK that they know about me but their opinion isn't always right. I don't want to live up to their expectations or opinions... unless they are higher than mine.

Lacy PJs

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    We all use labels for convenience. I think the REAL problem isn't the label but it's how people react to that label.
    Yes, but there is also intent. Some will purposefuly mislabel in order to suit or reinforce their agenda. From what I've seen, people of conservative beliefs tend not to use the terms lesbian, gay or bisexual. What they will say is homosexual. I believe the purpose is to reinforce a negative perception.

DeeAnn

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and will soon post an introduction, but wanted to comment here to commend the immense support and positive feedback everyone has given Jon in this thread. I'm Joe, the friend he refers to in his post. Jon is an extremely inspiring person and I consider myself lucky to have him as a friend. I'm so very grateful that he's inspired me to embrace this part of myself and am proud to be doing something to challenge stereotypes and reduce stigma. I'm even happier that he's decided to share his story. I think each and every one of you are strong, beautiful people and admire you for being true to yourselves. I look forward to future conversations.

Jon, your story is amazing. You've experienced the best and worst that comes with this choice of life. Its great you are supported by so many loving people. That will always get you through the tough times (and, sadly, they don't stop coming). Welcome to the forum. There is great wisdom to be found here. Hopefully you will be able to leave some of your own too.

Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Banned Read only
    B:

It is never a choice. It is simply who we are; without apology...

DeeAnn