Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I give up I am TS

Make room girls! One more passenger on the Crazy Train!! Welcome aboard, Kim.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Wishing nothing but the best for my special friend, I'm always there for you, let me know how I can be of assistance in your new direction! Hugs, Michelle

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Best of luck, Kim, and be happy!

Best to you Kim, always.

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Untitled
    Self acceptance is the first step on the journey ahead of you

You have a journey ahead of you, one which many have done before you, but then again they haven't. Remember it is your journey and is going to be unique to you. There will lots of help and guidance along the way, should you need it, but always take it at the pace that is yours. If you need to pull into the service area for a break, do so, there is an end to the journey, but it is not a race.

and
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Hi Kim

Some how that's not a surprise, I wish you all the best.

I have to wonder what has changed since last we spoke?

Kim, pre-flight the plane, file a good flight plan, take off and soar with wings on your feet and our best wishes to buoy you upwards my friend.

Good luck Kim. Hope all goes well.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Approach transition cautiously as if it were an enemy.
    One of the wisest bits of advice I've read on this forum. I'm living this now and it's not a party. Prepare to lose just about everything. There seems to be a chasm between being TG and TS when it comes to acceptance from our loved ones. I've learned this the very hard way. Consider your steps very, very carefully, Kim, and know yourself fully. Do what you must.

Ah the dreaded ah ha moment. I was so afraid of finding out I was TS I delayed the journey as long as I could. Like me I am sure from reading your posts you too were diligent in your research. Weighing the pros and the cons, the acceptance and denial, but the answer was always the same. Take the trip at your own speed.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Congratulations Kim you have a long journey ahead. I hope for you way more happiness than pain. There be so much of both. Keep the line of communication open with your wife. I hope the best for both of you.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    ...I reassured my first wife that it was a simple fetish...and in some ways I hoped that was true. And at one point I assured my present wife that I didn't 'want' to wear a dress. I will acknowledge that I wasn't entirely forthright with either of them....
    Kim, were you intentionally deceptive with either, or did you simply address the situation as you hoped it was at the time?

I can see a lot of parallels with my situation, with realizations about my status coming along as I learned more about the TG world and about my own feelings.

I empathize with your situation, and like many others I am here for you if and when you need us.

Hugs, Eryn

Kim, there are others here that find themselves in similar situations to yours. I am so pleased that you are finally able to move in one direction or the other. I wish the very best and most rewarding outcome for you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and glimpses of your journey with us.

Carlene

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    The most obvious things are those that we tend to deny the hardest. As my wife said when we began discussing this. "I knew you were a woman before you did." Even knowing that has not made my slow transition any easier for her. You have my love and best wishes for both you and your wife. Now just go and be yourself as well as you can.

Hugs, Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Kim you need to come back after you dropped that bomb! It's quite common for us to be the last to know although we already knew. I'm sure you wife knows as well. I just know you'll be fine because you have a good head start on all of this. Take your time with your new "discovery" but don't ask me for advice because I suck at this.

How are you doing now, Kim? Have you fully disclosed your needs to your spouse? How do you suspect your family will respond?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Wish me luck?
    Certainly! We can either deny or embrace. Embracing is much healthier...

DeeAnn

Platinum Member
    Hi! Let me first apologize for my brief absence. I really didn't spect the kind of response this my little announcement...and now I feel a tad guilty for not checking back in for a few days. Life gets in the way.

I jut finished replying to twelve very kind, supportive, encouraging and/or concerned private messages. It's heartwarming and honestly unexpected for me to receive such a response. Thank you all for your concern, caution, encouragement and friendship.

Now let me assure you that nothing, and I mean nothing, substantive is in the offing. I am anything but impulsive. As I said in one or more replies to PMs, I am inclined to plan exhaustively, come up with multiple risk analyses and fail safe options, then reevaluate again, before making any concrete changes.

Beyond that, my foremost concern is not for myself, but for my family. As some of you may know, my siblings have know I was..,well different...since I was a preschool kid. And my kids learned from my ex. My present wife has known to some extent since before we were engaged. Still, I am not going to do a big reveal and change in any dramatic or imminent manner. I have a couple years left till retirement and other than planning and positioning, I don't foresee big changes.

Also, there is the matter of my health. For 62, I'm in reasonably good health, but I can feel the effects of time and youthful indiscretions. I am at this point quite reluctant to put my health at risk for what I suspect would be relatively little gain. I guess I'd sum the potential benefits in my case as 'too little too late' for me. I know others have found benefit...but as with all health related considerations we each have to make our own decisions based on the best available information.

Finally, I want to assure you that I am in a very good place in my life. Other than the birth and childhood years of my own kids, I don't think I have otherwise been as happy in a personal level, nor any more productive in my professional endeavors. I approach the future, what there is of it, with a measure of caution and optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Kim, were you intentionally deceptive with either, or did you simply address the situation as you hoped it was at the time?
    I was certainly not being deceptive. It reflected what at the time was the explanation I found most acceptable at the time.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 05-15-2015 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Multiposting is making a post directly one after another, when you should have edited the additional comments into your first post
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Kim,
    I'm so glad you added reply #43 .
    I'm not sure I'm heading down that road or not ! At 64 I can't jump on the Bruce Jenner bandwagon ! I felt so much rang true with me from his interview but I'm an ordinary guy who still has responsibilities and a family who know but may not be so supportive !
    You know what you feel inside and you know what's going to satisfy it but age has to bring compromises ! Knowing something in hindsight is always going to bring you pain because you can't act on it !

Interesting thread to read as a newbie long-time CD. I would SO LOVE to transition and be a woman, but very scared. Very very scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie Hogletta View Post
    Interesting thread to read as a newbie long-time CD. I would SO LOVE to transition and be a woman, but very scared. Very very scared.
    but of course, transition is indeed very VERY scary.

That's why only the properly motivated are able to go through with it.

What is 'proper motivation'? That's entirely up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Good luck Kim!

As we have discussed and (some of us) learned recently, 'transition' seems to be an individual journey with unique outcomes - I hope fate treats you kindly with your decision... and as always:

Keep Calm & Carry On!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

What I have found Kim about this whole "arc" some of us go through is that the person you are stays the same..

if you are in a good place, and if you are smart and thoughful about others, there is no reason to beleive steps you take to proceed down whatever path you choose will end in a bad outcome..

that's not to say going forward with drastic measures is without difficulties or even huge problems...just saying its doable, and who you are right now as a person will shine through.
    another way i've heard it said is that "transition lays a family bare"...all the big and all the little stuff will all bubble up.... problems from 20 years ago, insecurites long buried...it kind of puts everything on the table...

but your own good nature will win out....if others around you have a good nature, they will support you even if at first they respond poorly..

and if your head is on straight now this knowledge empowers you to manage whatever GD feelings you have..

Kim, having read and enjoyed your posts for some years now, I feel sure that you have reached this decision after plenty of serious examination of your feelings and thoughts over time,
    I am very happy for you and wish you the best in your journey. I recently came to my own conclusion about myself and, while a considerably different one, I understand the relief you must be feeling as well.
    The greatest thing about those conclusions, in my opinion, is that, finally, you get to be your real self, free from societal roles and expectations. Whatever you decide to do about it, you do with this knowledge and a sense of wholeness of self.
    May you be happy and content with your new life.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Kim, good luck with anything you decide. All I can say is I realized I was feminine, and am going with that. That does not make me less or more of any gender. I am not this nor that or anything really. Yes I do at times wish I could be her, yet sometimes I wish I could just be one of the guys. I personally seem to be caught in some sort of gender purgatory. I just try to live and let live as best I can, myself and for all others.

I do truly wish you the best of times in whatever you feel you should do. I am like you and it takes a crazy amount of time sometimes to come to a decision, but it will be the right decision when made. truly best wishes.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned