Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Workplace Accomodation: Update 1

Platinum Member

It Seams Like You've Come A Long Way In A Short Time !

Hi Isha, Your story is wonderful, It sounds like you are living the dream.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Isha,

What a wonderful advancement!

Hmmm... The whole title thing has me curious. I'm sure it isn't much of an issue to you, as you've stated that your view on rank isn't as structured as it could be. I know I switch pronouns quite readily and without construct, especially when presenting in fem. Could it help if you were to reference a few US TV shows? Recent ones such as NCIS and Castle have had their higher ranking officers referred to as "sir." Or an older series, many of the Star Trec off shoots referred to all of their commanders and captains as "sir." You could tell those that are having difficulty adjusting that it would be fine to use "sir" because it is also can be used as an acronym for S.enior I.n R.ank.

Either way, you are again amazing in your abilities to be who you feel to be. I am so jealous and proud of you at the same time.

Hugs,
    -E

Online blog Reference:

http://english.stackexchange.com/que...emale-officers
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Iesha:

Julie used just the right word: "Trailblazer". What you are doing is exactly what I dream of being able to do -- present both aspects of myself at work and still be respected whichever way I showed up. I do agree with Donna, this is book material. Rather than some fantasy book about going to work en femme -- usually forced -- your book of real life experiences, including how you felt, what you had to think about to keep everything flowing well, what others said and how they reacted, all of it, would make for a great story.

And most of all, Marcelle, thank you for sharing your real and your true femme name with us. That itself is an act that takes courage and trust.

Best regards and good luck. We expect frequent updates -- the good and the bad.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Isha congrats ,
    on your progress thus far when you mentioned the issue as how to address you I got a chuckle when thinking back in my usaf days of how we would confuse 2nd lt's we would give the them a left hand salute and totally fluster them ! I have spent many years in and around cananda being alaskan it meant a lot of time in b/c -yukon and have always envied your country in many ways I am sure there will be hoops to ump but it looks like you have them covered I am curious as to how well a change like this in the us military would go ? when i was in many yrs ago it was alway dadt unless you were caught on post by the by did canada change it's abbreviations on service branch? when I was involved it was RCAF agin congrats and do keep us posted on your progress

Ok, ok so let me get this correct, right hand salute means your are straight, and left hand salute means your gay, and all along I thought it was the earrings that were the indicator! No worries, you don't have to reply because well, ya know, DADT -

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Congratulations Isha and thanks for "blazing the trail" as it really benefits all of us no matter how far away. Gaining acceptance is a gradual process (unfortunately) and it sounds like you are making significant progress in your corner of the world.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Isha,

Absolutely fantastic news that you're being able to be yourself both at home and work. One hell of a rate of progression, kudos to you in no small amount.
    I only ever made the dizzy heights of Corporal, but so was Hitler. Oh, hang on...maybe that's not such a good comparison .

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

@ annie mac ,
    the only thing I could say is when we did give the l/h salute it was pretty entertaining
    hugs phylis

Your courage is impressive. Every movement needs some people like you who are willing to get out in front--you're a trailblazer for all of us.

Isha,

just want to add my congratulations and continued good luck with the education of the CAF and your work with the policy committee.

Even though I love to dress and I'm currently waiting for a reserve position to open up here, when I do eventually get a position, I don't think I'll plan on working enfem. I don't think, though I could be wrong, that our base is ready for something like this, although, one of our base churches was the first to hold a guy wedding so you never know.

Michelle
    Some of my thoughts on crossdressing at http://themichelleinme.wordpress.com/
    A repository of Michelle photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/14176339@N04/

Gone to live my life
    Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the congrats. I don't know . . . times are a changing in the CAF and while I am sure I will get a few snarls from some crusty old Chiefs I don't think much will be made of it. Guess we'll see.

Hugs

Isha