Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We all joined for a reason..what you were looking for..did you find it.... GGs also..

I can't say I was looking for answers, nor can I say that I had all of them but, I can say I was looking for community. My wife (Purple Puppy GG) and I were stuck. I came out to her almost 27 years ago at the young age of 15, we've lived with this with a strong sense of acceptance but also with an uneasy feeling. I've spoken in person to several CDers and a few TS over the years and through other research, I've accepted a long time ago that this 1) will not go away, 2) will likely grow and 3) can be a deal breaker with my most supportive confidante, my wife. I searched for a way for us to communicate with eachother differently, rather than just spinning our wheels and not getting anywhere as we had been doing. I stumbled across this site and a few others. My wife and I found that this site has the sense of community that we were looking for. It gave us a place to share us experiences, grow as contributing memebers of a social group and help others while helping our own relationship. I've read many threads here and brought them up in conversation with my wife. She also joined to find others with similarities to our relationship. What we've both found is that our acceptance of each of our oddities (my CDing and her physical handicaps) has helped us be closer and supportive and this site helped open our eyes to how far we've come on our own. There are many fewer supportive GG SOs here than we had both wished we would find but there are a few, enough to show eachother support. There are many more CDers here in DADT relationships that affirms to my wife and I that our relationship is closer to where we want us to be than many here are. (Please don't take that as an insult. It is not what I'm intending to do.)

Anyway, after searching, attempting a conversation with my wife but ending up fighting and going through the same motions again. (Lather, Rinse, Repeat) I was finally able to show her this site and we read many threads together before I joined. She was a little more reluctant to sign up at first. I hit the prerequisite 10 posts and showed her how the site really opened up and it indicated there was a place for her (FAB Forum), she joined shortly after.

The sense of community has led my wife and I to join and happily read regularly.

Hugs,
    -E
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Platinum Member

It Has Helped In So Many Ways

Hi Mikell, I was a lurker for a couple years before joining up.
    This forum let me know that I was not alone, It has helped me in so many ways
    like just getting my ears pierced for the first time four starter studs back in march of this year.
    Just last night I put a third stud in each ear.
    It's just amazing how we can have like minded friends all over the world with just a click f a mouse.

One of these days I would get out with other ladies. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Orchid ...... <Triple Pierced
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My wife died one year ago. Until that time she was the only one that knew about my life-long, deep. dark, dirty secret that I cross dressed- something you're ashamed to discuss with other people. Since then, I've joined this forum although I lurked for awhile and a local cross dresser support group. I also have a make-up artist/coach who I am no longer just a client to but is now a trusted friend. With all of these new resources available to me, I've been more open about my deep, dark, dirty secret. I am an older CDer and have been comfortable with my desires because my wife had accepted and supported me for all those years. Although, I still don't want my neighbors and brothers to know, I'm getting more vocal in letting others know that I cross dress. I'm going in for major surgery next month which will need to have me use extended rehab centers. I've told most of them that I would like a private room because I want to go to bed wearing women's nightgowns. I would not have been able to do this previously without the support of the resources I mentioned above. None, professionally batted an eyelash when I told them. They were all hoping that they could accommodate me.
    So yes, this forum and my other resources have made me much more acceptable of myself and giving me the courage to tell others that I cross dress and I'm not ashamed about it.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Tina dressed for the first time ever, and within 48 hours my wife and I had named her and we had found this site. We knew almost nothing about being transgendered and needed information. We found it here. Tina grew up with this site. The wealth of information and opinions stored here is truly amazing and incredibly useful. We are so grateful for this site!!!!

I love to learn/teach, basically two way sharing. Its what i do for alot of my work and just a part of who i am. I've never really had anyone to share my tg/cding with or the subject in general aside from rare opertunities to express my opinions in conversation without outing myself. This forum has so many knowledgable people with various perspectives and i have certainly learned alot. I also have enjoyed sharing my thoughts and feelings and I hope i've been able to help others in the process. I am definately getting what i was looking for from this site and i'm hoping to build some friendships.

I lurked for about a week before joining. While I knew there where many CDs out there, it felt good to be able to interact with others who understand. Along the way I've found out more about myself when reading about the experiences of others. The spectrum of CD/TG is so diverse. This site helped me with respecting all others on that spectrum, as well as respecting myself.

I was pretty comfortable with myself when I joined. I figured if I can help even one person by sharing my feelings and experience it would be worth the effort. Also I was looking for local folks to hang out with sometimes which has also been accomplished. I'm moving forward with things but still hang out here as I want to see what my friends are doing. I could think of a lot worse folks to associate with for sure.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have always been a crossdresser and was looking for a place where I could freely express myself and find support. While I came across other sites, this site is the one that I have found most helpful and supportive.

All members feel free to share with us if you are inclined, family, friends, GGs, ect

so many response's....many heartfelt ones, thank you all for sharing these accounts with everyone.... Ive asked katey to invite our wives, girlfriends, family, ect, would love to hear other outcomes....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Mikell,

What was I looking for and did I find it???

What was I looking for by joining this forum; basically answers to many questions that were running through my head that I couldn't ask anyone I knew personally. When I was Active duty I had no one to ask or share my questions with. I kept my feeling to myself and didn't really use computers that much to even look for sites like this one. Due to position and mission / security clearance there was no way I could see a doctor. It wasn't till I was in my twenty-fourth year of service that I decided to look online for others to speak with. At the time I was married and we spoke frequently about my desires and my limitations. Basically if I wished to stay married then I have to follow her guidelines. Which I do not disagree with. So when I have questions or am curious as to how others confront their issues I come here and read them. This site is a wonderful community of people and information.

So yes I found a community to share with and glean information and experience from. I hope I was able to answer your question Mikell, for each person is different

@--}---
    Michelle

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    GREAT QUESTION !!

When I joined I was looking to try and find a way to meet people, through here I have met a few friends, some close that I hang out with, and some distant pen pals...and others I am still going to meet later this year !

When it was time to get a new pair of breast forms, I came here to get the scoop....

I also learned a thing or two about makeup from Ashley

Once you weed through the Panty posts, and threads on " I accidentally wore a bra to the doctor" threads...its a pretty good site.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Once I realized that I can't change my spots (or polka dots), and actually began to see my dual life as a blessing, I needed to find some waterholes where others with the same spots were gathering. This is one of the best ones there is...lots of diversity, lots of support, some silliness...all in all, a place that reinforces with each visit that I'm so far from being alone (which is definitely how I used to feel). No lurking at the treeline, just jumped right into the water and started splashing around.

I joined for basically two reasons, and what I write and read is generally for those same two reasons. 1st and foremost, is how to stay married and to keep the marriage strong. Secondly, to just not feel so alone with it all.

I have not come here to make close friendships. I have talked with a few of the members on here, and have made some friends including the OP, and for all who I have talked with, I am greatly appreciative of your time and advice. It has been and hopefully will continue to be helpful, A big thanks to all who I have talked with.

I have not come here looking to advance or progress, but simply to deal. Deal with myself, deal with my gender issues. Learn what I can and how to best navigate through life with this somewhat rare condition that is transgender.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I guess I joined because I was searching. All my life I loved trying on woman's cloths sometime the urge was strong other times I would go years without even thinking of dressin. Then about 4 years ago the urge hit again stronger then ever and I wanted to really dress, I started with with just bra panties nylons then slowly progressed my dear wife encourage me. But isn't interested in seeing me dressed and I wanted to find out more about dressing and how it effect a marriage I found this place and was hooked so good to read about others and to know I am not alone and in fact there is nothing wrong with our secret. Since joining my wife and I have discussed it more and she is fine with it she just doesn't want to see me fully dressed other then pics. I also got the courge to tell a close GG friend and she helped me with dressing as well. So have I gotten what I wanted from the site yes and more.

Due to growing up during a time when there was zero information available about our need to dress in women's clothing, this site offered me an opportunity to learn that there were others (a lot, actually) pretty much just like me. I suffered my whole life with recriminations about my needs and desires and with the thought that I was the only "freak" in the world that did this. This site has permitted me to like myself for the first time in my life.

Banned Read only
    I'm a member of a number of different forums for motorsports, computers, cycling and general LGBT issues and I have never lurked. If it is of interest to me and looks to be a worthwhile site, I'm there. And so it was with this site.

I think what I was looking for originally was a sense of community. That feels very important to me and still is. The idea of shared experience and the sense that many have been down the same path is very reassuring. I appreciate that people take the time to present what they've learned or experienced. I also do the same and hope that others find my insights useful.

As a group, we cover MANY different ways to be. From the occassional crossdresser who never leaves the house to post-op transsexuals, there is a richness of thought and action that would be hard to replicate anywhere else. And if there was ever any doubt, we are EVERYWHERE and doing EVERYTHING, including being ourselves...

DeeAnn

I had to check my profile of how long I have belonged and then I could remember the stage of my life. Amazing to me is the fact that I just got to 10 years on the site. So 10 years ago, I turned 50 and my need, desire, wish to explore and express myself really exploded. I was seeing a counselor thinking about whether I wanted to transition. As i worked through issues I realized that I am content as a crossdresser with no real desire to fully transition. My wife found out along the way, she isn't happy but we have found a path.

I stay to learn, share, smile and occasionally cry when a sister here confronts even tougher challenges.

When Joined this site I was looking for information advice views on my thoughts plus support to my many questions, with all of this I have found just what I was looking for.A place where I could share my thoughts and needs with you all, and to get good advice back which I have.

I used to visit another site had been a member there for a few years. I had a run in with the mods there and thought it was time to move on, also the site crashed and I wasn't a member of any other forums. I met Tamara Croft at the site and she told me about this one, so I decided to have a look, lurked for a while then joined and the rest as they say is history
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Banned Read only
    I was innocently flying over one day when all of a sudden BOOM, sparks were flying, the cockpit filled up with smoke. I couldn't see where I was going. Finally the smoke cleared enough to see that if I could keep it in the air just a little longer, it would splash down safely in the ocean. At the last possible second I pulled the ejection seat release. I gently floated down and landed right at the front door. As usual, my cell phone battery was low so I walked in and asked to use the phone. It was weird inside there. Tall, muscular women with big shoulders and no butt and deep voices were walking around. Some were dressed to the 9s others in just bra and panties. It was confusing as hell! So as I waited for my ride to come, these really pretty girls came over to talk to me. They told me all about the forum and what goes on here. I decided right then and there I needed to join. That is how I got here.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Silver Member
    Jorja

You're my hero! Much better story than mine!

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    I joined because I was looking for other girls like me. Others to talk to, get advise from, share stories with about cross dressing. I have met many wonderful girls here. Became friends with lots too. I'm so happy I can come here and be me!!!

I occasionally lurked here during the denial years (most of my wife). Once I self-accepted and told my wife, I "created" Kandi, set up her e-mail and jumped in here. I didn't quite know what to expect, but wanted to learn about my little hobby. What I have gotten is a tremendous sense of community and a sounding board to help me be the best person I can be, man, woman or somewhere in between. I've made many virtual friends and some real ones as well. My new life has centered around the forum. I have become quite a photo fan (taking more pictures in one outfit than I ever took for years before Kandi) and really enjoy posting pictures and sharing a well told story. There are quite a few girls here that I have grown to admire about how they approach their lives. There are a few I communicate with frequently and I always smile when I see an e-mail from one of them. I joined for a reason and definitely found something worthwhile.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Quote Originally Posted by tifftg View Post
    I had to check my profile of how long I have belonged and then I could remember the stage of my life. Amazing to me is the fact that I just got to 10 years on the site. So 10 years ago, I turned 50 and my need, desire, wish to explore and express myself really exploded. I was seeing a counselor thinking about whether I wanted to transition. As i worked through issues I realized that I am content as a crossdresser with no real desire to fully transition. My wife found out along the way, she isn't happy but we have found a path.

I stay to learn, share, smile and occasionally cry when a sister here confronts even tougher challenges.
    Tiff, you're post reminds me of something I was thinking the other night while logged on. You see a lot of posts where members realize they are TS after getting to explore their feminine sides more. For me, this site confirmed that I am a CD, even though it's sometimes easy to get lost in the pink fog. Reading posts across the wide array of members of this site made me think that for me wanting to emulate being a women is about the clothes, makeup, etc. For a person who is TS, she is a woman inside no matter what clothes she may be wearing at the time.

Like many who posted before I was looking for answers and landed here. It is reassuring knowing there are others out there with similar stories and struggles. What is striking about this site is just how similar our journeys are especially the age at which we began.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.