Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a visit to the doctor

a visit to the doctor

Has anybody got any thoughts on when visiting the Dr and needing to be examined what is the general view of going with lingerie on as so many threads that I have read state of underdressing every day and all day, I am so mach happier in my silk retro panties that i would not hesitate in going with them on.

Your doctor doesn't care.... and even if they do... they are professional.

Well, I'd say that you should just think about whether you're comfortable letting the doctor see them and having him (or her?) know this about you. There is certainly no rule -- or even opinion, I think, that you should be underdressing all the time. In fact, many seem to have the opinion that you shouldn't unless you are ok with the possibilty of getting caught, because it will happen eventually (and I agree.) Really just do it as often as you want to and no more -- there's no right way or wrong way. If you have any doubt or hesitation about wearing them to the doctor, then I would say don't. But then, you just said above that you don't have any hesitation; you should be able to trust a doctor to be a professional in that situation.
    Last edited by Melanie Z; 05-13-2015 at 02:14 PM.

I do trust my doctor. Sure I am comfortable because I feel so comfortable in myself and would not mind him or anybody seeing me in my lingerie underwear. And yes they are afte all proffessional so must see most things.
    He has'nt seen my satin retro panties yet! but he will.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Instead of being concerned about what my doctor may think, I am more concerned with what I think. If I think it is fine, then I could care less what they may think.

you are so right it is all down to the thinking, I think it is allright because I underdress every day now, befor i would put on man pants but now I would not hesitate as I say i wear them every day now.

I hurt my back at work, so there is a work comp claim so once a week I have to go get checked and treated last Thursday I went the first time I seen this doctor but my toenails were painted I was wearing sneakers. I also was wearing a thong. so after you came in and it is normal talking that Dr do, he said hop up on the table pull your shoes and socks off.my first thought was uh oh, but then I said to self you must be comfortable or you would have taken it off. so before I jumped up on the table I pulled my shoes and socks off he grabbed my feet and it is testing with my feet and legs and yes I shaved before I went so my toes were painted in my legs were smooth as silk. so he said stand up show me on your lower back where it hurts which is near the tailbone he said under your pants reach over and touch your toes so as I did that I felt my shorts come down and my panties Titan so I know he's seen my panties. it was the first time I intentionally let somebody see that of course other than my toes I wear flip flops or heels all the time so he says okay I'm going to give you a shot of steroids one in each cheek so there was no way he missed it cuz he didn't pull the panties down he just pulled the jeans down and gave me a shot just below the waist of the panties. I giggled inside. my thought be proud of who you are and how you are who cares really what other people think you cannot live your life for other people. just own it

sounds like your doctor had obviously seen it all befor as it were so it was no surprise when he saw you as you were and no doubt as you are

All my patients wore panties and a bra. Think about it.

yes I will sounds the right thin to do underdress and go for it.

I wore my panties once to see the Urologist so of course he got to see them. Never said a word and that was that. I haven't been able to work up the courage to do it again though. Hmmmm......

oh go on if you can do it once you can do it all the time

I tend not to distract a doctor in that way although I have not had anything examined down there for a few years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Longlegs, if you would like to wear panties when you visit your doctor, by all means do so. I am of the opinion that most healthcare professionals have other worries on their minds and do not really care what you wear. They want to give you the best care possible and helping you with other needs.

Laura is playing with words, as I know what her true profession was.

Platinum Member
    Here's a slightly different take on the subject. I agree that health care providers don't care what you wear. So, think for a moment about why you would wear silky retro panties. Is it for comfort and style, because you want your health care provider to know this about you and are willing to share, or are you expecting to deriving some sort of thrill for the process. If it's the latter, then I'd think again.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I just recently visited my primary care physician and decided not to wear male underwear for the first time. It didn't matter, because he didn't examine down there. However, because I'm going in for major surgery soon, I told him that I cross dress and would like to wear nightgowns while at rehab. I had a selfie with me en femme and showed it to him. He handled all this information very professionally and thought I looked beautiful in the photo. Another bridge crossed.

This is an interesting topic because I was recently at the doctor for back pain. Although I didn't have panties on that day, I did have my toes painted as I wasn't expecting him to ask me to take my socks off. During the exam, that's exactly what he did. He was checking for nerve pain in the lower extremities so with a slight moment of hesitation, I took my socks off to reveal pink/purple toes. He didn't say a word and proceeded with the rest of the exam. No issue. I imagine if your doctor is a professional, he won't say anything but there's no guarantee. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Good luck!

I am not looking for any thrill at all that is not the reason why I cd I wear retro panties mainly for the style and comfort, I posted the first thread to find out what is right or not in these circumstances.

I have put in my 2 cents on this subject a couple of other times, so..since you asked, I shall give my opinion again.
    First, I would like to know what your motive is to want to wear feminine underclothes to the doctor appointment. For whatever the reason may be, I just feel it is rather innapropriet to do so. If you are doing it simply for the pleasure, or excitement of letting others see what you are wearing, then I think you are being selfish and inconsiderate of them. You may feel perfectly comfortable in doing so, But what about the other person? This may make them very uncomfortable. After all, they are there to perform a medical exam, NOT to view a male in womens underclothes. I just don't think it is fair to "surprise" a medical professional with this secret just for your own thrill.
    I enjoy underdressing very much, but I don't make a point of letting others know about it, because I try to consider what problems may arise from this. Not only for myself, but for the other person.
    We would all like to be accepted, but we are not at that point yet, and forcing others to see us in this manner does nothing to help the situation.
    Now, in saying that...I suppose the only exception to this is if you are truly going through "transition", and your medical proffesionals are aware of it ahead of time. This is simply my opinion on the subject. I know many here won't agree.

P.S. I see that you made a comment saying that you are Not doing it for your own pleasure or thrill. Fine. But I still say you need to consider the other person, and how they may be affected by your decision to wear feminine underclothes for your exam.
    Last edited by Michelle123; 05-14-2015 at 08:56 AM.

I wear this type of my underwear because I have mentiond ealier I find them so much more comfortable and i wear them every day all day including going out so for example if I had an accident i do not think it would be a problem after all as has been mentioned they are proffessional people who have seen just about everything before so they should not be surprised to see someone with this sort of underwear,after all is'nt it for theindividual to decide what seems right for them? or should we cow tow to convention all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbi46 View Post
    I wear this type of my underwear because I have mentiond ealier I find them so much more comfortable and i wear them every day all day including going out so for example if I had an accident i do not think it would be a problem after all as has been mentioned they are proffessional people who have seen just about everything before so they should not be surprised to see someone with this sort of underwear,after all is'nt it for theindividual to decide what seems right for them? or should we cow tow to convention all the time.
    You asked for others thoughts and views on this subject, so I gave you mine. You say it is for the individual to decide what is right for themselves, But when you go in to the doctor for an exam, you are involving another person, therefore it is no longer a decision made for one individual is it? In the end, I suspect you will do what you want to do. But when you ask for the opinions of others, please don't expect to only get the responses you hope to get. P.S. being involed in an accident is another situation altogether. That is something unexpected, and not planned out ahead of time, as is going in for a scheduled exam.
    Last edited by Michelle123; 05-14-2015 at 10:08 AM.

I am not after answers that i only want to hear certainly I am interested in everybodies opinions and i value them in their entirety, my purpose in life is not to go out and shock people in any way what i was getting at is what dose every body feel about visiting the Dr whilst underdressed is it right is it wrong?

To your face, they will be professional. Behind closed doors, it depends on the individual. Over the years I heard a lot of medical people snicker at men who were seen wearing female clothing, and what they said was generally not nice. They really should know better, but then again, lots of the general public behaves the same way behind our backs (I'm closeted and get to be the fly on the wall whenever 'one of us' shows up in public).

I don't go to the doc dressed en femme or underdressed. There's really no reason to. It's only a doctors visit, and I wore my 'standard American male uniform' to work for 50 years.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 05-14-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

If considering other peoples views or opinions holds any merit whatsoever, couldn't the same then be said by wearing female clothes in public around people who may or may not want to see it? Imo doing what you like holds far more value than what some strangers opinions are.

I told my doctor and she said she would still treat me even if I am was CDs