Thread: Coming out party.

Coming out party.

I'm going to a dear girlfriend's coming out party tonight. She has been a little gun-shy about going full time cause she was very badly beaten up for the crime of being gay in public a few years ago. That would scare anybody. She has taken a lot of care with her presentation, and has wanted to go full time as a finished product, to avoid the dangers of being found guilty in public again.
    I can't even imagine living in fear of this kind of violence, and this is just too close to home. We all have to band together to end the violence, and hatred.
    Tonight we'll get together to celebrate her courage. It would be all too easy to hide, in her situation. We need to create a world where she can walk with her head up, as a proud trans-woman.

If you care to join us, in Cambridge, Ont. we'll be at Sizzle after 7:30. A safe and comfortable place for LBGTQ
    eventsbysizzle.com
    There WILL be cake. (There's also 3 birthdays tonite, but mostly, it's Jenn's time to shine)

Mods- this is more trans news/commentary than event invite, but move it if you wish.

Great idea Paula! Sounds like fun, wish I could attend. Best to all, and congrats to Jenn!!! She is in good hands.

Hope to catch up with you at some point this summer.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Paula;

So wish I could make this tonight. I'm sure your confidence will carry over and make her feel at ease. Big steps even without any fear of violence attached.

Next time. Have fun.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Agree with you Paula, all the best and have a wonderful evening. Maybe one day the world will
    be a better place, we will keep trying and hoping.
    Hugs

Paula, I hope the party is going great guns. Much love to you and your stouthearted girlfriend.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Wish I could have been there to support you in supporting your friend, but it was just a little bit too far to walk when I got off work
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

So, tell us about the party! Was it grand?

Lallie
    Time for a change.