Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally told my wife

finally told my wife

2 weeks ago my wife asked me if I wanted to wear her dress. Finally I was honest. She has been amazing helping me with makeup and all. She still is not sure of this and we know we need a lot of work to make this work for both of us. The most amazing part is when I told her that I needed a day where I could freely roam the house, she worked it out for the kids to stay elsewhere. So I am sitting Here watching tv in a beautiful dress wig makeup and all, and it fills so **** good.

Natalie, good for you. Go slow with her and let it sink in and communicate your thoughts with her.
    Part Time Girl

Gold Member
    Yes; Please go real slow, when she is convinced that you are not going
    to run out on her and the kids, You just might have more days like this.
    My wife was OK with my dressing; the deal was not to embarrass her
    by going out of the house. I had no problem with that, I would never
    pass as a female on any given day. Just to darn big.
    Rader

Fabulous. I'm still to come out and know I should but have certain reasons why I'm not its great to hear positive stories

Thank you for the encouragement and advice. That is why oh joined. New friends who understand me.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    My wife used to do that for me too, taking the kids somewhere for the day. Treat her well for her consideration.
    Dana Ryan

Hi Natalie,

Good for you, great to hear.

The advise from Dana, RADER and Dana is really worth listening to, Take it slow and keep your feet on the ground.
    Make sure you dont make your wife feel she and your children are being pushed away!
    If the space she is giving you to be girly make you happy, let most of that happiness go directly back to your relationship with your family.
    If your wife senses that you are less stressed, more relaxed etc, she will likely see that what helps you, is good for the entire family

Hugs
    Suzie
    Last edited by Suzie Petersen; 06-25-2015 at 07:09 PM.

I told my wife but she says it is just a behavior that I do and I know CD is not a behavior and I am willing to make some comprises to avoid my kids seeing me cd

Gone to live my life
    Hi Natalie,

CONGRATS on such a great step. The important thing now is to keep the communication lines open with your wife as things move forward. This will help to avoid any potential problems. I started a thread some time back about communication post reveal which others here added great advice. This might be helpful as you move forward.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ge2&highlight=

Hugs

Isha

The best thing is to be totally open about your crossdressing. Tell her your thoughts and feelings and don't hide anything from her. It is the being open that will keep you both together. I know this from my own experience.

S
    Sonja Thompson - Part time TV from Lancashire, UK

Sounds like my story. Amazing how we all have traveled similar paths. So glad you have an understanding wife. I do as well. It's a real blessing. It does feel good doesn't it!!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    The truth does set you free (well, usually, anyhow).

Yes, go slow. Buy her flowers and have them delivered to her at work. Do little things just for her. Express gratitude and reassurance for your love for her.

A wonderful wife

Sounds like a dream come true. Take it slow, don't overwhelm her and don't be surprised if she has a change of heart later on. It can happen. Good luck and I'm very happy for you.

My recently aware SO supports me as well and a major thing I've learned is to make sure it benefits her. Don't just tell her you love her but express it to her in creative ways on a regular basis. Be honest, listen to her, and just be more loving in general and mean it,not just so you can score points although you likely will. I've noticed that our sex life has improved quite a bit and not just one sided in my favor but that I've actually become more attentive to her and cding has definately become a win/win for both of us since I came out. I'm very happy for you and just remember the turtle wins the race.

Banned Read only
    Natalie,
    I'm really pleased for you I hope it continues in the right direction !
    One question is how long have you been out to your wife, was it some time ago or just the two weeks you mention ?
    I managed to persuade my wife to let me dress and clean the house she wasn't feeling too well and stayed in the bedroom, the deal was I took her coffee at eleven in drab !
    I have a feeling if she let me dress and stayed with me she'd call my bluff and say OK now what ? The one concession I have is wearing a nightie in bed but when she sees me she comments that I don't have to flaunt it, I have to go for a pee some time ! Initially it helped with my sleep but the issues are piling up again and my sleep pattern is dreadful !

it has only been two weeks,although she has suspected this for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Natalie,
    I'm really pleased for you I hope it continues in the right direction !
    One question is how long have you been out to your wife, was it some time ago or just the two weeks you mention ?
    I managed to persuade my wife to let me dress and clean the house she wasn't feeling too well and stayed in the bedroom, the deal was I took her coffee at eleven in drab !
    I have a feeling if she let me dress and stayed with me she'd call my bluff and say OK now what ? The one concession I have is wearing a nightie in bed but when she sees me she comments that I don't have to flaunt it, I have to go for a pee some time ! Initially it helped with my sleep but the issues are piling up again and my sleep pattern is dreadful !
    It has only been two weeks, but has suspected it for many years. Lots of work to do to make sure I keep the love of my life.

Take it slowly, accept what is given and don't let the pink fog cloud your judgement. Good luck.

I think cding was the last thing my wife would have imagined with respect to me but I came out about a month ago. Thank god my wife was open and while a work in progress, I think it has brought us closer together in some respects.

Platinum Member
    Hi Natalie, The ball is in her court now Just don't overwhelm her with this program.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

So lucky to have a wife like that.

That's wonderful -- especially the part where she brought it up. Why did she ask you that? Did she already know, and you two just hadn't acknowledged it?

I would give anything to have such a discussion with my wife!! Be very appreciative and protective of that!

Congrats on telling her and it going well. My wife is very accepting too. She says she has the best of both worlds. I'm her man but we can shop together and do each others nails and stuff. She even offered to let me dress when we went out for father's day. Tempting, but I declined.

Gwendolyn