Thread: hapiness and contentment

hapiness and contentment

Having realised that I am cd came about when thinking where I was and am in life and thinking back to when thoughts of cd came to mind and I realised that in fact with me it was really quite deep rooted within from a very early age. Since coming to this site I am very greatful to all the help that has threaded to me in all sorts of subjects, some perhaps correcting what I thought should be the way forward also what should not be the way.This has all given me a solid feeling contentment.
    Where would I have been without all of you ? probably still floundering around out there searching for answers and not finding them.
    Good to be here.

I too have found a great deal of help at this site.

In my case, I knew I was transgender, and had known it from a very young age, at least by the time I was two years old.
    On the other hand, even though my parents were loving and accepting, the laws and technology in the 1960s prohibited transitions.
    I had reached the point where I had reluctantly accepted the bitter pill that I would not be able to transition - for a variety of reasons.

In this site, I was able to get in back in touch with my true nature, and began to realize that I really wanted to transition, and that it was possible.
    Whether it was Kimberly Huddle's tales of "Flying Pretty" or others tales of hormones and of GRS,
    This site gave me the courage to get into communication with my wife, get a therapist, plan transition, contact doctors, start hormones.
    At this point, I'm looking for a surgeon who can do GRS and accepts Aetna Insurance.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Gone to live my life
    Hi Bobbi,

That is why we are all here . . . self discovery and mutual support.

Hugs

Isha

Hi Bobbi,

That is wonderful! As Isha said, that is really why we are here!

Of course, all people here can do for each other, is sharing thoughts and experiences, and while that does not measure up to professional help from people who are trained in medical or other health issues, it does give you a group feedback which you could not get from a pro.
    It is a good forum with good moderator cleaning services which keeps it all nice around here.

Hugs
    Suzie

I agree. I would feel utterly alone without this board. Stay strong and support each other.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Bobbi,

I can so relate to your post. I have a much better understanding of myself because of the great everyone here, and the wide, wide variety of topics. I don't know where I would be without this site, in fact I don't even want to think of the possibilities.

Thanks all for being you and being here.
    Michele

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Bobbi,

I found this site after I'd accepted this side of me, so I managed to get a double dose of contentment. The first was when I stopped fighting myself and decided it was better to learn what what was going on inside me. The second was when I found this community and was able to see I wasn't going to have to travel this path on my own, but with many, many caring sisters and brothers. I've always felt this is one of the best things in my life as it provides not only other people's perspective, advice and stories, but I can share my views as well. To do that, you have to think a little and that always helps to balance the emotional side of things that tends to create the highs and lows in a crossdresser's life.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

sarah charles talking about the highs and lows of life I can empathise with that with what has happened to me over the years could fill a book some of it haunts me to to this very day but here amongst everybody can be found peace

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    When I first joined I was on a real rollercoaster ride, thankfully that's smoothed out ! Cding is always going to give us problems but the forum is a great help in working our way through ! I knew I had deep rooted problems in fact I was born like it ! Tha'ts been the hardest part , accepting all this and realising it's for life, we really have to come to terms with it !

I see from your details that you were a photographer, I was a professional for thirty years, I know first hand the stress that comes from doing it !

Teresa,
    I was a forensic photographer (in one weekend I had to deal with 7 deaths), yes indeed highs and lows but hey life goes on so here we are lets enjoy whilst we can

Aspiring Member
    Chère Bobbi

I endorse everything the others have said. This is a great site and I have learned much about myself, CDing and related issues from being here.

Amicalement

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia