Thread: Do gg's get the same joy as cder's do from wearing their cloths every day ?

Do gg's get the same joy as cder's do from wearing their cloths every day ?

I'm asking for comments from all members who would like to comment. I wondered about this, because and needless to say, I as a M-F crossdresser love to wear female clothing. When I buy new dresses or other attire it thrills me to wear it.

I love to dress the best I can in male cloths to, such as suits and tie and wondered if others have these type feelings. I'm sure many do, but wanted to hear comments about the feeling women have in new or special clothing. I know women can dress to be sexy, but how do cloths make her feel and only her.

Not in the same way as we do I would imagine. While ive gotten joy out of wearing a new football jersey or a tshirt with a cool logo on it, its not really comparable to the feeling when crossdressed since its a more mental thing than pride or vanity
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

no, they are just clothing they wear. They may get a thrill from say a prom dress or wedding dress for that occasion, but otherwise, it is the clothing they wear everyday.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yes they like their clothes. If one likes to dress well they will always do that. I think a lot of GG's do wear skirts and things to look good. I see that a lot of our society has gotten so large that many GG's only wear pants and stuff. They are not trying to act and dress well. Yet women that take care of themselves seem to like and show their gender. I must say that the dresses and skirts are pretty short in style now. Makes it good for us.
    Part Time Girl

Not on a continuous basis; I think that most of the time, women just get dressed each day just trying to look decent and appropriate for whatever chores they face. However, there is one thing that I can tell you that your average guy never comes close to feeling like expressing to the world, and I refer you to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgHtBxOs4qw
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 05-17-2015 at 01:55 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm sure it's not comparable to the thrill or excitement a CDer gets - IF they admit to getting anything out of it... (I suspect most of us do, whether we admit it or not ) - but it's probably another one of those: 'It depends on the individual' scenarios...

My wife certainly does and has done for years. She admits that she dresses for herself - not overtly sexy - but she has always dressed to be fashionable, smart, attractive, even when she was spending most of her time with other women... (And noooo, it doesn't mean that!) She has told me that this is about her own self-respect and wanting to project her own best appearance at any time - and yes, this was 'everyday' wear, not just a special occasion or an evening out. Maybe she's exceptional in the amount of effort she puts into it, but not from what I can see in my part of the world...

I would imagine that except for those who reside somewhere particularly provincial, if you go out and use your eyes, you'll see a fair mixture of styles, standards and degrees of effort... but do they get the same joy we do? Perhaps some do - probably very few... and certainly not in the same way...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

GG, SO to Pamela7
    For me, mostly my clothes are just clothes - functional, practical, attractive (in that order). Every now and then, though, I find one item that I absolutely adore. I put it on and look in the mirror, and I see a shapely, desirable, lovely lady looking back. It is a real wrench when I have to take it off again and go back to my practical things.

If this is how CDers experience ladies' clothing, I am not at all surprised that you all enjoy the experience so much!

I'm not really comfortable telling other people what they feel. But I'm guessing the feeling the OP is talking about isn't really about the clothing, it's about something else. Maybe "pushing their personal boundary" is the phrase I'm looking for. I know a man who got all worked up about wearing a fashion ring because that pushed his personal boundary about what's appropriate for men to wear. And he'd do all the same things I read about on this site -- he'd agonize over being "discovered" wearing this ring and tell stories of "almost getting caught."

For women, they're not pushing their boundary in daily wear, though they might push it on special occasions. The closest analogy I can come up with is that when I was in the military I got to to wear spiffy aviator uniforms and wear a cool helmet. I know a lot of people who really wanted to wear that stuff and some who would buy surplus uniforms and even helmets and wear them. They were pushing their boundaries -- it was exciting to them. To me it was what I wore every day.

It is all about the hunt. If most are of you anything like me, I spend hours looking at catalogs and shopping for the just the top, dress, skirt, shoes, boots....... There is some excitement wearing it the first time or first few time but that eventually wears off.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I think most just like looking nice regardless of what they are wearing. They are women regardless.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

GGs do enjoy their clothing, as evidenced by the relative sizes of the women's and men's departments at department stores.

Now, do they get as much of a thrill out of it as a CDer does? I doubt it, as CDers also get a bit of that "forbidden fruit" and "something completely new" excitement that GGs don't. It's business as usual to GGs, something very special to us.

Everybody perceives things differently. I'm sure that some teenage and twentysomething GGs might love clothing in much the same way as a CDer. They follow trends, buy "edgy" items, and get a thrill out of pushing the envelope. As GGs mature their tastes also mature (along with their bodies) and practicality starts to affect the purchasing decisions. It's a natural progression.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hey folks, I can't comment as a GG, but I'm 3 years post op, and I've found that for me the thrill of wearing woman's clothes isn't there anymore. They are just clothes. I enjoy getting dressed up for a night out every once in a while, but am very glad that my work allows me to wear jeans and a t-shirt

I only get to dress up occasionally and it is a real thrill something I think about days before and I have so much more interest in buying clothes for my femme side than I do my male side. I guess however, if I dressed up every day the thrill would be gone and rather trying to look special I would be a little more drab as I wouldn't be as bothered

Searching 4 friends Lilian Sport Lover's Avatar
    Off course gg enjoys it as much, Especially if she has the right body shape. How many times did you hear your girlfriend or your mom saying " I do not have anything to wear" even though she has at least 100 items in the closet. If they are just clothes any item will do.
    I refuse to do self reflection. What ever I do Randomness will always have the last word.

Banned Read only
    NO, women don't get that wonderful, electrifying and total pleasurable feeling that CDs do. They have been wearing them for years so they are just cloth covering the body. They like certain clothes if it makes them look good but they DONOT get that wonderful feeling CDs do when they dress in fem yet most don't want CDers to dress and enjoy this feeling?????????????????????

As a GG I can only tell you how I feel as I am sure everyone has a different experience. There are certain outfits that I do enjoy wearing, (usually those things that are comfortable and fit well) but I wouldn't call it "joy" per se. I have to dress up for work and I usually can't wait to get home and into my comfy clothes!
    A GOOD friend knows how you take your coffee. A GREAT friend ADDS BOOZE

For many Cders it is in a sense a special occasion to dress. There is somewhat of a sexual aspect for some on here... but other than that, the "joy" we feel is because it is something we want to do, like to do but are limited. As I like to play golf... after the winter, getting out the 1st few times just feels so good. After a while, yes I still enjoy it, look forward to it, but it is not the same feeling as I had say in late march or April. It becomes more normal. GG'g enjoy looking good, and being complimented on looking good, as do men in a suit or tux. I think there is more of a feeling of power and legitimacy that goes along those lines. I myself like to dress well in mens clothing. suits and tuxes. It is not a thrill, but a definite enjoyment of looking good. It is not the same feeling as when dressing in women's clothing. I would imagine that women get a more similar feeling that I get when dressing well in suits in and tux.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I realize that gg don't feel the same which always causes me to ask. Went do we enjoy it so?

If we feel it is only our feminine side, why don't gg enjoy the same feelings?

Searching 4 friends Lilian Sport Lover's Avatar
    Ask any 80 year old married woman why do you dress and put on makeup... When you go to the Super Market she tells you "I do it for myself so I feel as a beautiful woman". She is not doing it to attract men at that age. Not for comfort for sure. Ask any woman why do you wear beautiful, nylon (unhealthy) panties when at home by yourself she tells you the same thing. Ask her why do you wear skirts and dresses at home when by yourself and not just plain grey pajamas she tells you the same thing. Ask her why do you cross your legs when at home by yourself she tells so I can feel as a woman,...
    I refuse to do self reflection. What ever I do Randomness will always have the last word.

Banned Read only
    Amy,
    The first point is clothes to women don't have the same sexual effect, yes they may please their partner and get that reaction CDer or not !
    Reading Welshgirl and Torie's comments does sum it up ! A special dress for a special occasion is as near as our feelings get , my wife does the same as Torie, when she gets home from work she puts more comfy clothes on ! I think it's more of a mental thing of trying to leave work behind ! I must admit I find my wife's work blouse and skirt very nice to wear , I've asked if it's possible to get issued with a spare so I don't share hers !

I will speak for my gg...my wife hates panty hose and loves a pair of sweats and ole soft cotton T shirt. But I love dressing and that I feel sexy dressed.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilian Sport Lover View Post
    Ask any 80 year old married woman why do you dress and put on makeup...
    Do you have these conversations with 80-year-old women often?

Aspiring Member
    It depends. We all get different sensations. Presumably so do they. I do not get turned on by getting dressed up, so perhaps my feelings are similar to women who really love their clothes. Look at clothes reviews on shop sites and you get women who can't wait to wear their new purchase and wax lyrical when they do. Perhaps they get more out of retail therapy involving clothes and shoes than most of us do. Women who are not in relationships or expecting to be wear luxury sexy underwear - so it is for their own pleasure.