Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how many of us are there?

Banned Read only
    Still, they can only count the numbers that say Yes. You can't count Refused to Answer as you don't know why people refused. At least some of those who Refuse to Answer would be correct in actually saying Yes if they were not afraid of that information getting out. So, more than likely that the number is considerably higher than 3.8%. You can only consider 3.8% to be a minimum as there is no way to accurately factor in people who do not self-identify.

DeeAnn
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 05-23-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Suzzy, The only way we will know for sure is when the
    Government makes us register and pay a CD tax.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    For any accuracy, you would first have to define "crossdressing". If a man only likes to wear female underwear, are they a crossdresser? If they grow their hair long, pierce their ears and wear earrings, or wear nail polish or some make-up, are they crossdressing? Is frequency a factor? Or intent? If they wear female attire role-playing with their spouse or partner, are they crossdressers? If they would like to crossdress but don't because they can't, are they crossdressers? If they used to crossdress but have not crossdressed in many years because of marriage or family or health, are they still crossdressers? Does Halloween crossdressing count, especially if they enjoyed crossdressing?

Do you categorize what constitutes crossdressing differently in different cultures? There are probably different percentages of men crossdressing, regardless of definitions and criteria, in different parts of our world. I think cultures in which men and women wear very similar attire, or very simple attire, crossdressing may be significantly less or almost non-existent.

And how could you ever conduct a reliable poll, or survey, if most crossdressing is done in privacy and many, or most, crossdressers, will never acknowledge that they crossdress, or have crossdressed, or would crossdress, or try crossdressing if they could?

I do not put faith in the estimates that I see. I do suspect, however, that the number of men who crossdress to some degree, or who have crossdressed in the past to some degree, or who might try crossdressing to some degree if they have not already done so if they could, is higher than 1%-5% ranges commonly quoted.

I really don't care what the percentage is, or who else crossdresses. I am who I am and I enjoy crossdressing.