Thread: Just turned 66..... and?

Just turned 66..... and?

I've been on this board for quite some time and I have enjoyed this aspect of my life.

My wife has been supportive of me.

This past year I have had some serious health problems.. a pulmonary emobolism last November, a back spasm that laid me up between Xmas and New Years and in February I fell on black ice and shattered my wrist. 10 screws and a 4" metal plate. I've been going to physical therapy since the operation. It's not been easy but I keep trying.

So, I've broached the subject with wife about my 'stuff'.... if I should pass... she says it won't matter what I think because I'll be dead. I thought about telling a couple we are friends with who are very liberal about my hobby... broached it but never came out loud....

I've been posting items on the auction site..about 30-35 at a time. It takes about a three weeks to complete an auction. I've never purged since 1988 so I got a lot of stuff.

Then, I saw this ad in Craigslist in Spokane... "Buying quality vintage lingerie for resale on my resale website. I am looking for brands by Vanity Fair, Van Raalte, Shadowline, Rogers, Olga, and others. I buy slips, nightgowns, panties, peignoirs."

I sent him an email.

Havent' got an answer yet.

So, for us older folks.... what are your plans?

(This past summer we took an extended trip in our RV, I was fortunate enough to be able to dress, well at least underdress, the entire trip. It was wonderful.

Hope you are healing well - sounds like a few tough months

Ozark, Gotta say ouch! I'm 63 and so far in good shape. Hope that continues and hope I can dress for a while. But man, we never know when we will go. So, live one day at a time. Hope your health gets better.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    HI Ozark

I got seriously into CDing at 66 after a lifetime of denial. I now take every opportunity to dress at least to some extent although in a DADT situation. Underdress when out and about sometimes and have spent time in the motorhome (RV) dressed and underdressed.

Adventure before dementia!

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Platinum Member
    I plan to live a good while yet and if anything, live most if not all of my retirement life en femme.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

At 66 you're worried? Life just gets going good after you retire, I hope to retire soon. my next birthday will be 75. I plan to have a lot more fun!

Hugs, Bria

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Coming around the corner to 60 myself.

Adventure before dementia!

That's great and pretty much my plan. DADT and a vast growing wardrobe. Found two more great dresses at the thrift store yesterday. Retirement is a while off but I keep healthy. I want to be able to have a great time when I get there. I plan on slowly coming out to more people as I get closer.

But, after I'm gone, I hope someone enjoys the clothes and stuff I leave behind.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm going to be 66 fairly soon. My wife passed away two years ago and with that I lost my only family who knew about my crossdressing. I think. I'm still dressing on a regular basis and get out from time to time, making new purchases but trying to remove a few things for each new item that comes in, just to stay organized. My plans are just that, plans with no substance to them for now. I do have a letter detailing my crossdressing that I've taped to the front of the dresser in my closet. Should I die or if my adult kids stumble on it, then I guess I'm out at that moment. I don't see anything that suggests I'm going to stop exploring and I'd like to have someone to share it with one of these days, but that's at a level below planning. Maybe I'll sell this big house one of these days and move somewhere I'll be known as the crossdresser next door instead of having to hide it. Who knows, but I have yardwork to do and bread to bake, so that's my plan for now. Good luck to you and continue healing up from that fall.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Your wife is right...
    My mom was thinking of buying a house in Florida and asked me what I would do with it if she died. I gave the same response, "what do you care, you'll be dead". She thought a moment and said, "you're right". That was the end of it.
    My wife is fully supportive and I'm sure that whatever she doesn't want, can't fit into or what ever will just go to Goodwill or something, but I'll be dead so I don't care !!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I personally don't worry about it. I'll be 68 myself next month and still have fun with it. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Similar to Kate, I'll be 68 next month. My wife became somewhat supportive about 3 years ago when I retired. I plan to continue exploring and enjoying my crossdressing adventure.

Hi Ozark:

When I read your post, I thought I was reading about me! I turned 66 last October. I had double pulmonary embolisms a few years ago that almost killed me. (Thank God for clot busters.) Stay on the blood thinners and you'll be fine. AND I also shattered my wrist a couple of years ago. I've got the same 4-inch plate with 11 screws. (Sorry to one-up you.) The therapy is killer, but keep at it and soon you'll be almost back to normal.

As for my plans. I'm going to keep working until the throw me out of the place. I'm going to keep dressing en femme as often as possible. I'm going to enjoy every day, because I'm supposed to be dead, and every day is a gift.

I'm going to be 66 in November. I'm just going to keep on keeping on...
    Please call me Lisa!

I'm 63 and considering whether or not to be my female self as my default identity upon retirement . Wife is supportive . But once you're out you can't go back into hiding. Anyone else in the same place? Or been in the same place?

Platinum Member
    Hi Ozark, Happy Birthday Young Lady.

At 72 I'm having way too much fun to get rid of anything.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    O:

66? Welcome to The Club!

For the record, I agree with what your wife said. If I go first, my wife would call a few people we know and they would be allowed to pick and choose. The rest would be donated to the GoodWill or ?? She might also just donate the whole thing. I don't think I'm going to mind...

DeeAnn

Better days coming

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm so sorry, Ozark. All we have is limited number of years. And only so many of those in good health.

I'm working thru therapy on a hand operation 2 months ago. It ain't easy! But, I hope it will be 90% by next year.

Like Blue, I'm 72. And, in pretty good health. Sherry,s only 17 so its hard for me to keep up with her sometimes. But, I'll keep on with it until my time or body gives out!

Hope you'll do the same!

I've got a semi load of ladies things. And, another 2 semis full of others crap I've collected over years. I plan to sell off or toss the other crap and began that last year. The ladies stuff I'll worry about when I get old!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 06-29-2015 at 05:05 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

66 isn't so bad. When I turned 65 my wife decided that I didn't need two closets full of clothes and shoes. So one day she boxed up nearly all of my male type clothes up and took them to the DAV thrift shop.
    The only time she lets me wear any of the guy clothes is when my grandson comes over.
    He is all boy and we don't want to change anything.
    Most of my Capri's can be worn by a guy or girl and I have numerous blouses that are very plain or I just wear a t-shirt with them.
    We pretty much have things down to one closet and I'm sure if I go first she will have my daughter go through things and if she can use any of it she is welcome to it.
    After that, everything else will go to charity.