Thread: Blendy girl goes into the daylight.....finally went out. many firsts for me....

Blendy girl goes into the daylight.....finally went out. many firsts for me....

sooo ive been thinking about "it" a while now, so i got it in my head that i will go to a support group meeting dressed....problem, i cant get ready at home, my wife knows but we keep it to ourselves....

i got some things ready beforehand, purse (still cant believe i have one) put a pair of flats into it, wig? got a towel and rolled wig into it and folded towel in half and shoved it into a shopping bag, added a long sleeve top and a leather jacket, was to be a little chilly....perfect, i dont do well in the heat....wife comes home for dinner and i throw the bags into the car, put our other car away and she goes into the one i just put my purse and bag into to grab something....she doesnt want to see anything....but she had too....we say goodbyes and on i go....i dressed in some shape-wear panties to keep things tucked with a pair of super skinny jeans under my guy jeans .....drive up to the town were the meeting is being held and need to find a spot to finish the job, 15 minutes....kinda close but it took to long to find a comfortable spot, finally find an office park with no windows on the side and pull in and finish up the task....start with a red lipstick to cover beard shadow....foundation.....ah unroll my wig place it on and now im just a girl fixing her makeup....finish up and quick swap of clothes and off i go, driving in the daylight as mikell....get to my location, park and i just walked in, up the stairs, into the girls room to do a final makeup check and into the meeting room, no hesitations.....i was late while finding a spot to get ready and doing my make up but i did "it". we went around the circle and i told them all how comfortable they made me feel the first time and that this was my first time out in public dressed....didnt try to use a female voice, just talked at ease and made a few jokes and got some laughs......
    stayed after for some chit chat and the moderator thanked me for coming back, called me "she" kinda felt weird....

oh yah "blendy girl"....from a PM after one of my most causal photo shares....
    many firsts....first time in the ladies room as a girl, first time driving dressed, first time with strangers dressed, parents and friends as well as those there for support (not quite the vanilla world but it felt good), drove home and cleaned makeup off and changed back to boy me in another spot and i guess technically i was underdressed in front of the mrs. before i left.....
    Last edited by mykell; 05-20-2015 at 09:00 AM. Reason: finish...
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Sounds like one busy and exciting day, Mikell! Now that you know you can pull off "blendy girl", you need to get her out more often and experience the real world in the day time.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Sounds like a good first out Mikell!! Glad you had a good time.

Any surprises???
    By that I mean, did you realize anything about your self, your behavior, your attention to surroundings, anything like that?
    I was always kinda' amused by how my focus would shift when out dressed, especially the first few times where there were definitely some nerves at play as well. Had fun, but realized I was very tense and on my toes the whole time.

The whole thing about finding a place to change is just horrible, isn't it! It is a high risk situation, you never know who might show up and your activities will look strange and possibly even suspicious to any observer. I remember several times where finding a safe spot to change in the car turned into a real frustration. On top of that, you are now trying to get makeup and hair etc done quickly, while seated! At home this process can take hours and now it has to be done in 10 minutes .. while keeping a 360 clear zone and ... after that, you have to look your best in front of perfect strangers

Good times!

Good for you getting out. On to the next time!

Hugs
    Suzie

Cool!

That is a lot of firsts in one go, you must be exhausted...

Pleased for you Mikell, I hope how good you're feeling gets across to your missus - perhaps you'll get the nod for more events in future...

When next? When next?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Oh, a Blendy girl. I think I had one of those last night at the pub.

One question, Mikell, now that you have had all of these firsts all at once, what are you going to do for and encore?

Thanks for sharing

Banned Read only
    Well done. The first time is the hardest.

That's an awesome experience for so many firsts. Definitely a confidence builder. I agree with the other girls, it gets easier over time and you'll figure out all your own tips and tricks that work for you.

The first step of any journey is the longest. Your post took me back in time and I, like many here, can so relate to what you experienced. Congrats, Mikell!

Aspiring Member
    Mikell, congratulations. When, where and how to change discreetly is something I've been thinking about a lot. If I was in an area where no one knew me, I wouldn't worry too much - I actually don't care if a cop stops me or anyone else sees me away from home - I would think that while dressed I would not be at the top of what a police officer would be surprised by (lol). But even though I am not married like you, I have neighbors who are nosy and would possibly spot me going and coming, and some of them are prone to vicious gossip... the only answer to that being to simply admit to everyone what I do and let the chips fall where they may - let the gossip fly.
    Anyway, thanks for your account - it's very encouraging to those of us yet to take those first steps. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Congratulations on your first time out. I know that feeling when transforming in the car in a public location. Once that wig goes on, I too feel like that woman just tidying up her lipstick. It is an interesting phenomenon how our mind works at a moment like that.

Hell-o Milell,
    YAYYYYYYY !!!!!!
    Was'nt it an amazing feeling?
    I remember asking myself what next after
    my first outing, luckily your wife already knows.
    Be safe, but enjoy every minuet!
    Congratulations,
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Platinum Member
    Casually that was a pretty full experience for your first time. Good for you!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Mikell, First time. That brings back memories. Sound like you have to go through a lot to bring your fem side out. Ah, when we were young, we changed clothes in the truck/car heading for what venue we were headed. You had a nice evening!
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    Sounds like a good first out Mikell!! Glad you had a good time.

Any surprises???
    By that I mean, did you realize anything about your self, your behavior, your attention to surroundings, anything like that?
    I was always kinda' amused by how my focus would shift when out dressed, especially the first few times where there were definitely some nerves at play as well. Had fun, but realized I was very tense and on my toes the whole time.

The whole thing about finding a place to change is just horrible, isn't it! It is a high risk situation, you never know who might show up and your activities will look strange and possibly even suspicious to any observer. I remember several times where finding a safe spot to change in the car turned into a real frustration. On top of that, you are now trying to get makeup and hair etc done quickly, while seated! At home this process can take hours and now it has to be done in 10 minutes .. while keeping a 360 clear zone and ... after that, you have to look your best in front of perfect strangers

Good times!

Good for you getting out. On to the next time!

Hugs
    Suzie
    Suzie i think that in this venue it will be hard to account for surprises because i was in a transgender friendly event that that was not an issue, was a little scarred that i didn't have that nervousness i had anticipated....changing into mikell mode was challenging in the car but was not an issue once i felt like a girl getting ready...was not even focusing on the looking best for strangers....

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Oh, a Blendy girl. I think I had one of those last night at the pub.

One question, Mikell, now that you have had all of these firsts all at once, what are you going to do for and encore?
    well first i would like to share the ingredients for a Blendy girl.... two shots of any clear alcohol at hand, some ginger ale and finish it off with some lemonade....look out for the encore after a few of those....

Quote Originally Posted by Sandie70 View Post
    Mikell, congratulations. When, where and how to change discreetly is something I've been thinking about a lot. If I was in an area where no one knew me, I wouldn't worry too much - I actually don't care if a cop stops me or anyone else sees me away from home - I would think that while dressed I would not be at the top of what a police officer would be surprised by (lol). But even though I am not married like you, I have neighbors who are nosy and would possibly spot me going and coming, and some of them are prone to vicious gossip... the only answer to that being to simply admit to everyone what I do and let the chips fall where they may - let the gossip fly.
    Anyway, thanks for your account - it's very encouraging to those of us yet to take those first steps. I look forward to hearing more from you.
    well i have to confess, there will be more outings, it was memorizing how normal it felt, hope i can share more accounts with you in the future....

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Congratulations on your first time out. I know that feeling when transforming in the car in a public location. Once that wig goes on, I too feel like that woman just tidying up her lipstick. It is an interesting phenomenon how our mind works at a moment like that.
    it was so smooth once the wig went on, was fumbling with the makeup before hand....
    Last edited by mykell; 05-19-2015 at 10:44 PM.
    ....Mykell

Gone to live my life
    Hello Mikell and CONGRATS!!! The first time is always the hardest and it will only get easier. "Blendy girl goes into the daylight" . . . sounds like a TG sitcom.

Hugs

Isha

Mikell,
    A lot of firsts for you, what a rush this has been.
    May you keep enjoying all the repeat times as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hello Mikell and CONGRATS!!! The first time is always the hardest and it will only get easier. "Blendy girl goes into the daylight" . . . sounds like a TG sitcom.

Hugs

Isha
    one will come someday soon i hope, if we can find humor in this i would hope the "vanilla world" could get it done....and tastefully.....

bev been bitten by the bug, find myself anticipating my next time out.....
    ....Mykell

Mikell,
    I'm so happy for you. Your post gives me hope, thank you.

Love KristyE

Secretary Extraordinaire ShayLeigh Dominique's Avatar
    Very impressive. Your foray into the great wild world is inspirational, it shows, like the Chicken did for the Armadillo, that yes it is indeed possible to go out dressed and not die. Yes, over exaggeration, but in reality isn't that what it feels like the first time? "OMG, they'll all know... I'll be shamed for sure... oh, the embarrassment..." It all ended up all right, and even better, what you accomplished pales the little moments that paralyze some of us (going to grab the mail, taking out the garbage, going for a short walk, and the like...).

If you can do it, so can we. Thank you for sharing your story, and hopefully you will have more to offer in future!
    “Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a [master] artist [...] can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone [...] see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. [...] Look at her, [... growing] old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired - but it does to them.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land