Thread: The further adventures of Jean

The further adventures of Jean

For those that don’t like to read, Great weekend than told my boss.
    Saturday late afternoon I went to the bar. I had picked up a card, wrote my apologies, and enclosed two pair of hand carved earrings. MS M (bar manager) was not working but showed up latter with her boyfriend. She said she would open the card latter. I was glad she was going to wait. Everything is good I am just one of the girls now. There was a band and the girls where all dancing, toward the end I got off my bar stool and joined them.

Mr. D bets on everything. At the end of the night he ask if anyone wanted to bet on his bar tab over or under 70 dollars. I was there the entire time he was. I know he bought at least two rounds for the whole bar, ten to fifteen at the time this included the band that was just setting up. It was like happy hour but still his total for the night was 90 something. I didn’t get in on the bet, a couple of guys bet under. OK now for the reason for the story. Mr. D had just told me of this bet, during this long talk we had about basically me. I have talked to him before and know him now. He said, he never thought that I would leave the bar with someone, as I did the other night. I told him the guy was passing thru town and was gay. This led to born this way or learned. The bet was from when I first showed up in the bar more than a month ago now. During the talk with MS M she asked about my bathroom use and said that someone had seen me in the men’s bathroom. It turns out they had a bet on me on which bathroom I would use and I guess the question was to settle the bet. Know thinking about it I didn’t ask Mr. D who won the bet. LOL
    The girls say they like my shoes, flats, strappy sandals, gloss black straps covered with gold colored bits. They ask where I got them. I say I don’t remember I have had they for more than a year and have never worn them. I when tell them I have like more than 150 pairs of shoes. Mr. D is like Jean really how do you know. I tell them I counted them a while back and have since bought even more. It was a response to a thread, I didn’t tell them that. Mr. D is just taken back by it, I tell the girls it’s because he is a man and probably only was two pairs. Mr. D corrects me and says he has three pairs. One of the girls, who I have met before is wearing these size 6 pumps with 6” heels. I tell her I love her shoes and ask how can you walk in them. She is like less than 5 feet, I tell her that I usually wear 3-4” heels but I do have a couple pairs of 5” heels. She is like, your like 6’, I say yes close to 6, I just love heels. Than the conversation turns to clothes and they ask if I have a lot of clothes… I say yes my bedroom is like a teenage girl’s room with clothes everywhere. One girl says she has like OCD or something because all her clothes are laid neatly in dresser draws. I tell them I have a couple dressers and a small closet and they are all stuffed. Mr. D still with us is like JEAN. I say you just wear the same thing every day jeans and a tee shirt and probably only have three pair of jeans. He basically says yes. Everyone LOL. I had only planned to stop by for a couple hours on Saturday and play some pool. I had staged my car a couple blocks away in a residential neighborhood. I had brought a suite case and a sleeping bag just in case as I didn’t rent a room this time. I stayed till after closing. They throw everyone out except a couple of girls and me. MS K lets me stay while she cleans up. I say my good byes and go sleep in the back seat of my car. In the morning I drive to Solvang and spend the day. Yes I slept in my makeup I just touched up a little when I woke up, and no I do not have a beard. I had stopped in Buellton before getting to Solvang at McDs for coffee and breakfast. This is should be a crime in this town, maybe it is because there are no drive thru’s in Solvang, a Danish themed tourist town with a bakery, coffee shop or restaurant/pancake house on every corner. A girl has to watch her weight and if I go into one of those places I will not be able to control myself. It’s early the town in just waking up. I’m now sitting at a picnic table in a park in the middle of town with my coffee and computer. It’s overcast so I can see the screen I also have a mobile hot spot. I’m reading and answering emails. Oriental tourist are now walking around the park taking pictures of each other. I look up and I’m in the back ground of one, I smile, it will give them something of interest when they get home. This actually happened a few times on Sunday. There must have been more than one bus load as they were everywhere. This is one of the things I enjoy about Solvang is the mix of people. If you visit make sure to wear your walking shoes, you just park in one of the free lots and walk. After spending the day here I drove back to the bar, again I only planned to stay for a couple hours and was there till closing. The girl in the high heels came in wearing flats. She sat with me, said her feet hurt, really after wearing those shoes last night. Her ride went off and left her so I gave her a ride home at the end of the night. I didn’t drink much and had switch to coffee before 12. MS K brewed a pot for me. I told them that I don’t have a problem drinking coffee before going to bed, it may sound funny but I don’t. MS M came in and sat with us, she thanked me for the card and said she loves the earrings.

This doesn’t really have anything to do with this site I just feel I should include it. One of the other bartenders MS S came in and was upset. She kept going in the back room with MS K. I knew what was going on and was having a hard time holding back the tears. MS K had told me of MS S problems with her boyfriend some time ago, well she was there to ask for help to move. MS K told me latter, she also said she may just blow her off. I told MS K don’t you dare, she needs you. Here is the thing these people are becoming like family. There is so much more that happens that is just friends sharing, which is the big story, being accepted.

I told my Boss Monday morning, the same way I came out to the secretary. I showed him my profile picture with my phone. He asked who is this, I reply me. Then he said at the bar and I say yes. That was it. Then we went on with work. Mondays are like chaos. I felt it went ok I will just have to wait and see now. One of the ladies I talked to just came from a barbeque/fundraiser. In your talk which is a story in itself I said I bet I know someone you know. Well she went to the other high school and is a few years younger then me. So I went with my boss. Yes he was there, they had a horse shoe competition, two man teams, and he was knocked out in the first round. The funny thing was I knew more about someone for the first time then my boss did.
    I think I may go and check on MS S now. It’s still early I could get in a couple games of pool or just walk to someone.
    Love Jean

Cool. It reads like a beatnik era novel. It sounds like you have an interesting group of friends.