Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the secret please

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think body shape on a female has a lot to do with the way they walk.
    Super skinny women tend to walk more like a man in some respect as far as gait but the arm motion is still palms out arms tucked in.
    Women with curves or more bottom heavy (pear shaped) everything works off the hips.
    It seems that way to me anyway so just my opinion.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer H View Post
    So much to do and so little time to do it in. Jennifer xxx
    Everyone has already given you good advice. However, the above comment caught my attention. Breath, slow down, and relax girl. This is not a race. When you are ready, you will be ready.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    So much good information. The biomation video was very helpful for me.

I also agree that walking in heels is a terrific help. I would add two items: 1) choose heels with a 4" difference between heel and platform (a "net" 4 inches). This almost forces a feminine walk: leading with the hips/thighs, and 2) don't underestimate the power of strong abs! Tightening your abdominal muscles will have an incredibly strong positive enhancement of your feminine walk!

It turns out that heels are a terrific physical therapy for my back (yes, I know it's weird!) so I wear them for about an hour every morning before I leave the house. When I'm first awake (or barely awake before coffee!) my walk is anything but feminine, but after coffee and a shower, I find my abs tightening and that helps with the "hip lead" and everything falls in place!

So, not only practice, practice, practice, but having a video of your walk will help very much in fixing the nuances that I'm sure you want

Most of all: Have Fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Check out this page and you'll discover the differences. Then you can practice changing what you're doing bit by bit. http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html
    Miss Lexi,
    This is absolutely brilliant for us girls. (or is it WE girls)

I'm pretty certain you do 3d animation. (I used to too... long ago)
    Girls, if you check this out, I recommend that you turn on the LINES, and also rotate the figure.
    Doing this confirmed something I had suspected for a long time.... Yes, women lead their stride in the hip region, but also their upper torso leans back. You can REALLY see that difference when you slide back and forth from male to female.
    Utterly illuminating.

I just wish there was a slider to put her in high heels.

But this is OUTSTANDING!
    Way to go, Lexi!

G
    it's dumb to be racist.
    Can't we just all agree to hate stupid people instead? There are stupid people in all races, creeds, and faiths. It's a veritable rainbow of stupid out there, AND they don't know they are stupid. What could be more fair?

Quit thinking and be. You have learned to be a certain way for so long, that you over think what you are doing. Walk dressed as a man and think about how you are walking, you might trip. You do have to practice, to be more natural. Do not over infisize, but float and be. Not an easy task when you think about it. Give it time and you will be fine.

Banned Read only
    Checklist:
    • Good posture
    • Feet parallel when walking
      • Optionally, toes may be pointed slightly inward

• When you take a step, move your forward leg slightly inward so that the thigh sweeps very lightly over the other just a bit
      • If you are wearing nylons, this is what makes that swishing sound

• OR:
      • Just watch Jessica and Donna on SUITS...

DeeAnn

Great topic!

I found some good videos on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkQtWmXKaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNUdtoQe5sc

Funny.... last night I went to a High school awards ceremony for my child. I was watching all the teen girls very carefully.
    First, most do NOT know how to walk in heels.
    Second, most don't know how to dress themselves and appear put together an classy.
    Out of maybe 50 girls, there were 2, maybe up to 4 that comported themselves well, and looked good.
    So if we extrapolate that out, I think we might apply a similar percentage (4%-8%) of grown women can put themselves together.
    Hmm, that seems rather low. Let's be generous, and double that. I'm sure many women DO learn how to do this stuff after HS.
    8%-16% appear to get it together.
    Fair?
    it's dumb to be racist.
    Can't we just all agree to hate stupid people instead? There are stupid people in all races, creeds, and faiths. It's a veritable rainbow of stupid out there, AND they don't know they are stupid. What could be more fair?