Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart?

Walmart?

Anyone ever go dressed to Walmart? I've thought about going mainly because of the self check out and the late hours so I can imagine it'd be pretty easy to look around without drawing much attention since well I don't think many people go at night and I doubt employees really pay attention to every customer that walks through the door especially at night. Only problem is dressing rooms aren't open at night since they don't have an employee in the dressing room area at night
    But hey being able to shop as Gen seems fun and a lot easier than looking for clothes not being to hold it up to myself in front of the mirrors in the store :P lol

I wouldn't think of going to Walmart NOT dressed. Oh wait, you mean dressed as a female.

Then again, I wouldn't think of going to Walmart at all, Target snob here!!!

My advice? Skip Walmart and go straight to the upper division coursework. If you are in HP, create a personal no-fly zone and I bet there are at least a dozen malls outside this zone where you can be free to be yourself. Dress for time, place, weather, etc, hold your head high and have a blast.

It'd be way more fun than Walmart.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    ive been to wal mart dressed,even though that was yrs back,me and my wife had no problems..then again i like the bargains found at walmart..ive gone in male mode and bought panties,bras,nities with no problems,but then again i know what fits and dont fit.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I have been into Walmart many times while dressed. It was just like any other place. Funny thing though, I never use self check out and pretty much always use some sort of card for my transactions, like MC or debit. I have shopped all up and down this state and have made many large purchases at many different stores and have never been questioned while using my male cards and providing my male ID to the SAs. But once while at Walmart for a $30 purchase, after showing the SA my ID, she said "and who's ID is this?" I told her it was mine and she said "no, this couldn't be yours." I tried to use my deepest male voice and said "yes it is." She said, "no, it is not." I asked her to call over her manager. The manager was explained the situation. She examined my ID and then me and then my ID and then me and then my ID and then me and finally said "okay." They allowed the purchase, I got my items and left. Funny!

My advice to any of you who do go out in public, is to just go shopping! Stores want your money! And they really don't care how you are dressed. And if they do, then speak with a manager and complain! I once experienced a rude SA at the dressing room check-in point at a TJMaxx. I spoke to the manager afterwards, she apologized profusely and made me feel quite welcome at their store. Thus I still shop there. Otherwise forget them!

I have only bought bra and panties there but not while dressed femme. Self check out is great, however I am getting comfortable making purchases at Kohls

A few years ago I did and had a decent wig. I went in late evening and used selfcheck out. It was awesome to walk around and check out clothes. I did not have any problems, and no one noticed. A second time I went back and bought a pair of shoes, and went through a cashier, and the woman smiled and said that I looked great, and squeezed my hand. She said come on back again. So was wonderful feeling. So some stores it is wonderful at night, I have no courage to go dressed daytime, although shop in male mode daytime at sefcheckout.

Ever seen the Walmartians picture sites? Methinks we're all rather tame in our presentations compared to some I've seen. Be careful, you may wind up on the Walmartians sites.
    Joni

A second vote for Kohl's. It's a level or two up from Walmart but similar prices, better selection, better experience. If you're seeking to expand your wardrobe without attracting attention be advised Kohl's has unisex changing rooms. Also, would recommend doing all of this during the day if you can. Stores like Kohl's are near empty weekdays during the day, and from a safety perspective I personally wouldn't care to be trying on and buying pretty things at Walmart late at night.

Independent of your approach if you take care of business with confidence, owning the place and behaving like you belong and know what you're doing, you'll be fine.

Good luck, have fun! Hugs, Michelle

I was in a Walmart in Tampa bay while on a holiday and there was a TS employee so I'm sure you'd be fine!

It just goes to show how important it is to read all the threads, I never thought of using a self checkout to buy my underwear. I shall start tomorrow.

Thank you.

Jennifer xxx
    LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS
    IT'S ABOUT DANCING IN THE RAIN.

Gold Member
    Walmart is a classy place.
    It can be intimidating to shop amongst such a fancy clientele.

So even though you may notice Walmart is frequented by scholars, the well-dressed, the articulate, the athletic folks, the polite, the generous, good drivers in fancy cars, people who take daily baths and wear clean shirts, women who carefully plan how many off-spring they will have, obedient kids, men with well-designed tattoos etc...

One needs to remember that his or her money is green, JUST LIKE the guy's teeth who is in front of you in line.

Oh and the people who ride around on electric carts, they are not "grossly obese", it is that they are SO sophisticated that one human body is not enough to contain their awesomeness. They use the electric cart because obviously they are in such great shape that they do not need any additional exercise.

EDIT - There are musicians at Walmart too. Next time you spot a middle age man lucky enough to have a mullet, stand real close and really listen. You can hear actual music from the 80's rock band "Ratt" playing, coming from his very mullet..
    Last edited by Nicole Erin; 05-20-2015 at 07:48 PM.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Walmart at night, it is a different world.

I prefer the cover of daytime to dive amongst the lingerie less chance of being noticed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Nicole....you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Walmart is a classy place.
    It can be intimidating to shop amongst such a fancy clientele.

.......I DO however understand the obsession with walmart ....in rural areas thats like a big city.....
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-21-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: language in this is not acceptable here.

There is a Walmart 1.5 miles from my front door and a Kohl's 1.3 miles, there is also a Target about 2.8 miles away and I've been to all three dressed en femme, used the dressing rooms at all stores, never had a problem whether day or night shopping. The Walmart is 24 hour store but still busy in the wee hours SA's are friendly and dressing rooms are open all night.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I've been to Walmart dressed many times and don't find it to be all that satisfying an experience. I much prefer Kohls, Ross, Marshalls, or just about any other store. There's just something about the "engulf and devourer" habits of WM I don't Like
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    Be careful you don't end up on that 'People of Walmart' website. Seems crossdressers end up the butt of too many jokes there.

Platinum Member
    I don't often shop Walmart, but yes, I have, except I've gone through the regular check outs in daylight hours. It's not as scary as you think. What can be scary is hat goes on in Walmart parking lots and bathrooms late at night!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

With all the truly colorful people in Walmart, you will feel so 'normal'. Where else are you going to find a six fingered guy with a mullet, drinking beer, while his kids try on three dollar shoes?
    Enjoy yourself.

Been to Walmart dressed many times. But only during the day. If you go late at night you will attract a lot more attention than during the day. During the day, you're just part of the crowd.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Cynthia D is correct.

I went to Walmart dressed in full Princess attire...on Halloween. In fact my wife and I both went. We have a friend who we knew would be working, and we thought we would surprise her. Given the holiday, everyone had a great time. It was after, having lunch at Wendy's that got the most stares. Walmart, most just didn't care.

Are you suggesting that I should, or should not go to Wendy's in a princess outfit? I you say no, that's my whole days plans all shot to h*ll.

Yep. In fact, I went just this morning.. I stumbled across a pair of tights that I thought might work well with a button-down shirt, so I gave it a go. Decided that I might be better served with a women's cut shirt, so off to Wally World I went. Unfortunately, they don't have plus _AND_ tall sizes.

6-IMG_6534.jpg

Adriana, after seeing that video I think I will never cross dress again.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-21-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: video was removed

I went into a Walmart late at night, around 10PM, after chickening out going to a concert in the park. Some teens watched me as i walked in, then i walked around, looking at items, and noticed a cashier girl, watch me, and motion to another cashier, and said, "come here, quick, laugh laugh."