Thread: Umteenth feel good post

Umteenth feel good post

Last night I was working at the Catholic high school, for the end of year concert. As I began cleaning up, two women approached, and said 'Paula, right?'.
    Yup. 'Our kids are graduating, so we won't see you again. We've seen you here for four years, and just never said Thank You.'
    If they've been coming to parent events for four years, they've seen me for 2 1/2, as a guy, and 1 1/2 as a woman. No one has ever had a comment, good or bad, about me switching sides, in fact, I was wondering if anybody had noticed LOL. It's always nice to get thanks for a job well done, but extra special when it was clear they knew I had transitioned, and were still just happy I was there.

Wow, that must have made you feel great! Always nice to feel appreciated and respected for doing a good job and appreciating you for the great person you are. I don't think we do that enough. Good for you !

Erin

P.S. love the title of the post....you just keep on postin' 'em
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Paula, that is so wonderful. Makes for a warm feeling inside.

Same as erin said. 100%

Hugs
    julie

Aw, sweet.
    I love feel good posts!

Platinum Member
    That was very kind of them and speaks well of your impact too!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Invisibility/bumpless is what most of us want, right?

Congratulations for getting there

You do YOU like nobody else does, and how nobody else has to explain.

ROCK IT, Honey!

<3

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 05-22-2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typos
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

We all need a feel good comment from time to time. Those that mean the most are the one that we least expect. I hope that this feel good doesn't mean that your own personal little black cloud is coming soon, sometimes it seems that we go from one extreme to the other.

I'm glad they took the time to say thanks.

Hugs, Bria

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Paula;

Very nice.. Nice to be recognized for your impact and contributions. We are who we are... Switching sides is mostly self actualization in the end.

Makes me smile.

Cheers...
    Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Truly an angel,,,,xo Kara
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Paula, that had to be one of those sweet moments that we never expect. Just shows that you are an amazing woman.

You are allowed to bask in the moment.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Gold Member
    I have to say that a compliment like that comes from an extra higher level. If they were uncomfortable at all or didn't thoroughly appreciate your efforts, it isn't hard to just walk out. You made more than just a passing impact. :

Good going, kid!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)