Thread: One kind word can mean so much!

One kind word can mean so much!

Nothing special, just wanna share...

In the span of any given six weeks, I drop into a nail salon at a moment's notice, and get my nails done, with "color"...I travel about 200 miles per day, and never know when the mood may strike:-)...But it struck last week...

Today, after a 200 mile round trip, totally lumberjack drab, I stopped at my local gas station/convenience store to pick up a bottle of water and a sandwich...As often happens ONE person took up 87 minutes at a cash register, and another clerk hurried over to help move everyone along at her own register...She moved them in and out at a very rapid rate!!!

I was eventually the next in line, with 6 more patrons behind me...She rang me up. I swiped my card on the debit machine, picked up my products and was heading toward the door, and she said:

I love the color of your nails

I had totally forgotten that my nails were Turquoise this month...

Kinda cool, eh?

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Lucky you, no stress about whether you should do it or not, and a complement besides. Wahooo!!!!

Wahooo indeed!...But i shold have added that I'm getting a lot of those comments lately, whether it's about my choice of boots or nails,

And I should have also added:

I'm in my late '50's...She was in her early 20's....

And I've actually notice that a lot lately...Skip down a generation tween us oldsters and the young 'uns...Perhaps there's hope for the future?

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

That is cool that most people do complement.
    Part Time Girl

Yes, Dana :-)

And in retrospect, I realize that I perhaps titled this thread wrong.

It wasn't that she was being "kind", as if to help get me through a difficult moment...She was just ringing up my order while being really really busy, dealing with every day ordinary pain in the butt people...

I suspect that my nails gave her a distraction...Enough of a distraction for her to mention them...

So, keep that in mind folks....Vanilla can be boring, not just to us, but to others...

Jaye

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    From the general public I have never gotten anything but complements. From some work associates I have had some questions as to why I do it. From some friends of friends I had some involved discussions.

But most of it was years ago. Nowadays it appears as though nobody even notices that they are painted which is cool as I have been doing the coolest colors and wildest patterns lately.

It is so normal now I don't even know the last time I had them unpainted for more than a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    From the general public I have never gotten anything but complements. From some work associates I have had some questions as to why I do it. From some friends of friends I had some involved discussions.

But most of it was years ago. Nowadays it appears as though nobody even notices that they are painted which is cool as I have been doing the coolest colors and wildest patterns lately.

It is so normal now I don't even know the last time I had them unpainted for more than a day.
    And there we go, Nadine....:-)

No one ever says anything about my earrings. sometimes dangly, most times left at home.

But my "nails"???? which are out there for all to see????

99.999% positive!

Jaye

Way cool,Jaye. After waiting on line she made your day. Should be more people like that.

It seems less unusual to see guys with painted nails.
    I have even seen nails with patterns on them, worn by guys of course.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.