Thread: SO found out that I dress

SO found out that I dress

Most people post about their SO finding out and some of the stories seem well frightening and of course I wasn't planning on telling my SO because of them.

Well yesterday before school since we carpool she told me "I think I know what your big secret is"...

(A while ago we had a talk about secrets and how we wouldn't keep them from each other etc so I was honest and told her I did have a secret that I would be more comfortable keeping to myself because I didn't know if it would affect our relationship and she said if it's that important to me she understands and we can talk about it when I was ready but I also told her she could guess and if she ever figured it out well I'm not gonna deny it and the time came)

Back to the story so the day before we were in bed after well then I took a nap (don't judge me) and my girlfriend was using my phone (she uses mine since it's newer than hers and she takes A LOT of photos of us so my phones filled with her) which happened to have a picture of Genesis in the Recently Deleted folder of my photo gallery that I forgot to empty. She didn't say anything she just woke up to ask me up which new games on my phone were fun and easy and let me go back to sleep then well on to the next day.
    So on the way to school she was giggling and said she finally figured out my secret. She said yesterday she saw something in my photos but she wasn't sure since she didn't open the folder she just saw in the icon what looked like me in a red top but didn't click on the actual photo since she didn't have her glasses on and went back to her game and then asked if it was me.

I of course didn't deny it and she said she wasn't really sure because it looked like I just drew on myself using Snapchat (she's really blind without her glasses lol). I didn't want to lie so I told her the truth and the first thing she said was "Red is not your color" then laughed and was blushing so I started telling her everything and well I knew the picture was old since I looked pale and now I am tanned. I mean tanned. So she knew it wasn't new and asked about my dressing I told her most of it, how I started in HS to how I used to go out and then asked if I still do. I told her I don't since well I wouldn't be able to go out without her figuring out but she didn't exactly ask if I still do dress so not sure if that's coming up or if she already forgot she mainly asked about my going out and if I'm gay, bi, etc.(not much of a surprise). That one wasn't hard to answer since our relationship is looking pretty good in the sex department so I just asked her the same question back and she said it was a pretty dumb question since she knows I couldn't be gay "from experience". I thought it was funny lol wasn't how I was gong to phrase it but that kinda summed up what my answer was going to be just a bit more inappropriate That was pretty much the whole talk then we go to school, told each other "I love you" and kissed goodbye so we can go to class.

So far it doesn't seem like anything has changed. We went out as usual, food and a movie, then went home laid together in bed so we can watch another movie while I scratched her for like two hours (for some reason she likes being scratched idk she's weird) and nothing. Not one question, joke, anything. Just the talk in the morning which she just thought was funny since she was laughing or giggling most of the time but it just bugged me knowing she knew since idk it makes me uncomfortable and just worries me. Not exactly sure why I just know it does.

Well the hard part is over as she did not run screaming into the night!

You could always if red is not my color, what would be? Ultimately, you will need to find a way to bring the topic up again. Assuring her you are not gay or trans, and that you want to be with her.

Now the old guy in me thinks if y'all are in college and under 25, then i would not rush things. You are both going to change in the next few years in school, and few out of school. She may grow to love your girly side. Or she may grow to not like it all. So go slow, be honest and open and see where the winds of life take you both.

Good luck hon!

Quote Originally Posted by crystaltvco View Post
    Well the hard part is over as she did not run screaming into the night!

You could always if red is not my color, what would be? Ultimately, you will need to find a way to bring the topic up again. Assuring her you are not gay or trans, and that you want to be with her.

Now the old guy in me thinks if y'all are in college and under 25, then i would not rush things. You are both going to change in the next few years in school, and few out of school. She may grow to love your girly side. Or she may grow to not like it all. So go slow, be honest and open and see where the winds of life take you both.

Good luck hon!
    I was just going to avoid since well like I told her it was more fun in HS but going out and stuff was only fun to think about when it was a fantasy and after going out and having a life it's just like eh so I'll just leave it at that and if she wants to talk about well then we'll have that talk but everything is going well... very well lol

Gold Member
    Well now that the cat is out of the bag, just go slow; don't force anything, just
    let it take its coarse.
    You might a cooperating SO, and that would be a good thing.Good Luck.
    Rader

Doesn't sound like it's all that big a deal to her. Or maybe she just doesn't want to know.
    Angie

Well maybe this is a good thing. It sounds like she might be OK with it so maybe give a her some time and bring it up again.

It's probably because you thought that the conversation was going to be very long and for days and wasn't. That is why it is bothering you. Sounds like she is handling well, didn't have too many questions about it, hasn't brought it up again, and isn't acting freaky around you so relax. I am sure if she has some questions she'll ask them, she might just be thinking about it all and what it means to your relationship or it just might not be a big deal at all. I know My SO didn't make a big deal out of it when told and hasn't since so you may be one of the lucky CD's here that have an amazing woman. Time will tell
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Sounds like you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop! And it will... when you least expect it. Don`t let your guard down just yet!!!!!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

All sound advice here,just watch out for a backlash in a couple of weeks after things settle in. It may never happen and all is cool,just be prepared. I've been there. Best wishes and luck to both of you.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Well, make it fun. My wife calls the shots. When she wants me to dress she’ll have laid-out what she wants me to wear in the second bedroom (my closet) and tell me to “Go dress”.
    And she inspects my makeup to see if I’ve got everything right.
    As she says, “I’d rather be looking at a nice looking woman than a guy in a dress”.
    My wife is in charge and it’s been that way for about 20 years. There have been times where weeks went by without dressing and there’s been times when she wants me to dress for her for a couple of weeks straight.
    We go to the mall together and out to eat. She does the ordering.
    It’s worked very well for us.

Just keep on scratching her, she is no more weird than you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by CherylFlint View Post
    Well, make it fun. My wife calls the shots. When she wants me to dress she’ll have laid-out what she wants me to wear in the second bedroom (my closet) and tell me to “Go dress”.
    And she inspects my makeup to see if I’ve got everything right.
    As she says, “I’d rather be looking at a nice looking woman than a guy in a dress”.
    My wife is in charge and it’s been that way for about 20 years. There have been times where weeks went by without dressing and there’s been times when she wants me to dress for her for a couple of weeks straight.
    We go to the mall together and out to eat. She does the ordering.
    It’s worked very well for us.
    Lucky *******. I'm dying to go to the mall with my fiancee. But she says I look to manly.