Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossdressing as a motivation to lose weight?

YES, I have been trying to lose weight and firm up mostly for my CDing. I have started taking better care of my skin and general posture etc.
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

I agree. It has definitely motivated me. I'm about 155 now, but I want to get to 149, and then, I'll go from there. It's really helpful in getting out of bed on those mornings that I don't want to workout, as well as when I am working out, to push a little harder!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I had lost weight during a hiatus from dressing, and the weight loss was part of what restoked the fires for me to start dressing again. But weight is a constant battle and I've put a bunch back on. Trying to beat it back down again, but still enthused about dressing and making this fat chick look as pretty as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Genny B View Post
    Was it my main motivation, no. Did it help, yes! As more weight came off and dress sizes went down the fun goes up!

Genny B
    I totally agree Genny. I started loosing weight after my doctor told me it would help my back problems. I fought off the first 20 lbs and found more clothes that fit. After that the next 30 went quick. Right now I have a lovely print skirt hanging on the back of my bedroom door that won't zip up. That is my motivation for the next 10.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila11 View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. Dropped from 198 to 158 last year, (40 lbs). That was all the way from a size 16 to a 10. I got to get an all new wardrobe and just love the selection of size 10 dresses. There seems to be 10 times as many options and I look 10 times as good in them now.

I used fitness pal and still do . I have maintained for 8 months. My friends are jealous and they haven't even seen me in a dress.
    Sheila, That is awesome! Good for you! I can only imagine what that feels like to even consider getting into a size 10. Keep up the good
    fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Just for the record, I hate you. But I've gone 220 to 185 in about that amount of time. According to the BMI charts I've crossed from "obese" to "overweight" but I have to get to 165 to enter "normal."

Re: shoulders -- it's a point of sadness for me that no amount of weight loss will ever get my chest measurement under 40. Probably never under 42. I read of others wearing 36 or 38 band bras and become despondent from envy. But even though I'm limited by bone structure to the larger dress sizes, I get motivation from the idea of having a flat stomach under those wide shoulders. Someday I'll be phat instead of fat.
    Hey! 35 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. That's pretty awesome!
    BTW, I've love the doctor's "your motivating factor". LOL
    How tall are you?

I did but it was more that my guy clothes were getting too snug and I refused to buy the next size up so it gave me only one other option. However it was a win/win since I wanted to lose the weight so I could get the next size down in skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by gailbridges View Post
    How tall are you?
    Somewhere between 5'10" and 5'9" (shrinking with age.) However, in heels I'm over 6 feet -- I feel I should be able to use that in my BMI calculation.

I've been trying to motivate myself lately to lose a few pounds around my midsection. I'm still pretty thin, but whatever excess weight I do put on all goes straight there. One of my biggest challenges is that I have some other hobbies (craft beer, in particular–so good, but so many carbs!) that make weight loss difficult. Once I'm able to get back into a workout routine, I'd like to start doing one of the circuit training workouts that one of my local gyms offers, since I've read that circuit training can be a good way to lose belly fat; I might (emphasis on might!) start trying to do a bit of jogging/running–maybe a mile or so a few times a week. But, yes, in general, I'd love to look better when dressed, and having a better figure is a big part of that.

Secretary Extraordinaire ShayLeigh Dominique's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Just for the record, I hate you. But I've gone 220 to 185 in about that amount of time. According to the BMI charts I've crossed from "obese" to "overweight" but I have to get to 165 to enter "normal."

Re: shoulders -- it's a point of sadness for me that no amount of weight loss will ever get my chest measurement under 40. Probably never under 42. I read of others wearing 36 or 38 band bras and become despondent from envy. But even though I'm limited by bone structure to the larger dress sizes, I get motivation from the idea of having a flat stomach under those wide shoulders. Someday I'll be phat instead of fat.
    Talk about hate... (born of envy, I'll get over it in 25 minutes). When I left boot camp I was at 195, and I entered at 200 after losing 40 lbs. just to join. I haven't seen anything less than that since I was 19-ish (I was at 175, never got lower than that; and that was only because my job entailed swimming for 8 hours a day... Ok, not the full 8, but even so...). I'd LOVE to see 185 again! I'd settle for 200 and staying there...
    “Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a [master] artist [...] can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone [...] see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. [...] Look at her, [... growing] old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired - but it does to them.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

Yes, the fact I enjoy crossdressing serves as a motivator for me to lose weight. However, my problem is a flabby (not fat) stomach area, and I discovered exercise is just as important, if not more, than weight loss.

Karen

Not only have I lost 50 lbs over the last 2 years, I quit smoking also.

I would say it is a good motivator for me to keep my weight in check. I've always had a slim body but recently peaked at about 180lbs (I'm 5'10) and had a bit of a gut and that does not look good when wearing a dress! I've tried to eat better and a excercise regularly and I'm back to 165 lbs